The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Adjustment to NOED

Even if they aren't changing the perk, I think a slight adjustment to it would make survivors less frustrated. The worst feeling is being downed instantly without expecting it; since Rancor, Haunting Ground, and Devour Hope tell you when you're exposed, the same should apply to NOED. It would let survivors play more cautiously or go look for the totem.

Sorry if this has already been suggested or talked about, but I haven't seen it lately.

Comments

• Ghost_Potato
    Ghost_Potato Member Posts: 59

I still hate that survivors got that hand holding status notification makes playing killer a nightmare. Just glad they finally got around to blocking killer perks till the match is over. Tool kits and health kits should make noise when running and survivors should still be on the ground when pulled off the hook. Healing needs to be at 3 charges shared with selfcare, the best health kit has 3 and Botany has 3 more. If you need more than 9 then something fishy is going on.

• ninjamediness64
    ninjamediness64 Member Posts: 125

Ruin doesn't make a survivor exposed, though. A survivor knows when they are for most other things (Rancor, Haunted Ground, Make Your Choice, Meyers Tier 3), so it feels consistent for it to apply to NOED. I'm sure people would be less salty about the perk itself. As both killer and survivor, it's hard for me to tell if there's a 2-4% speed increase in the killer while focusing on other stuff. I have to think that most players can't either. That's impressive if you can, though.

I wasn't sure if after 3 tokens it showed the cursed icon for Devour Hope or if you had to wait until someone was downed first (nobody uses it so I didn't know).

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

100% not, one of the reasons why NOED is such a potent perk is the element of suprise, if survivors could see that NOED applys then they would never try for gates, and look soley for the toteem or just try to hide and effectiveky take the game hostage. If we're being honest, itt would be best if the exposeed status remained hidden, maybe minus haunted grounds (as you cant distinguish from other totems otherwise) as to maintain a fear factor, it would also rreqquire survivors to pay more attention, along with perhaps being less toxic, as they would be less likely to body block after they establish through trial by fire that they are an instadown, and so on.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    ... Devour Hope also doesnt give a notification unless You hit someone same as noed
  • jus_Ignant
    jus_Ignant Member Posts: 124

Coming from someone who plays 95% survivor....No.

No changes are needed for NOED unless they change it back to its original form.
    At least now survivors have the chance of making it a useless perk.
    The days of it being infinitely active after all gens were completed provided some anxious end game moments...maybe it needs to go back to that.

If you're afraid that a Killer might have NOED then play like every Killer has it.

Break the totems / break the pallets :\

• ninjamediness64
    ninjamediness64 Member Posts: 125
    A lot of negative reactions. Never mind I guess.
  • CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

Personally, as a rank 1 killer and survivor, i don't think it needs to be changed. I think it is in a good spot right where it is.

Someone suggested that small game should be buffed to show the remaining totems, and this would be something i could get behind.

The only problem i believe with NOED is not knowing if all totems have been destroyed if your playing solo and getting punished for it.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited February 2019

Even if they aren't changing the perk, I think a slight adjustment to it would make survivors less frustrated. The worst feeling is being downed instantly without expecting it; since Rancor, Haunting Ground, and Devour Hope tell you when you're exposed, the same should apply to NOED. It would let survivors play more cautiously or go look for the totem.

Sorry if this has already been suggested or talked about, but I haven't seen it lately.

Most people complaining about NOED, I dismiss because their argument comes down to ignoring the very real counterplay of doing totems. THIS on the other hand, I agree with completely. You should have the exposed effect visible on all exposed perks, or on none. Not just on some. Unless the perk specifically says the exposed perk will be hidden, it should be displayed in the UI.