"It's Boring"

Is that just the go to phrase when talking about killers and their playstyles. Oh Knight what a boring killer. Oh Scratched mirror what a boring add-on. Oh, "Any gen regression perk" what a boring perk.

Comments

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I think it's an inelegant way of saying they don't find something entertaining or fun to go against.

I don't find those things boring per se but if I had to try to translate it it would be something like

1. I don't like kinght fun to go against because his playstyle revolves around slowing the game down with AI and kicking gens
    2. I don't like going against scratched mirror myers because I like chase and myers revolves around jump scare hit and run
    3. I don't like gen regression because I don't like doing gens and those perks make me do gens more

And killers have their version of this too DH is boring or CoH is boring meaning I don't like waiting out DH or I don't have fun when spreading pressure is so ineffective because of CoH. But instead of saying all that people just call everything boring because we're all terminally online with adhd and can't focus enough to write all that out.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I don't understand why people get so hung up on this word. It's just a shorthand way of saying they don't enjoy going against that killer/perk/playstyle.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,369

It certainly isn't a boring thing to play against, but it isn't as fun as many people seem to think it is. If you've played against it once, you've played against it a million times, the matches pretty much always play out the exact same way.

• FengShuiExe
    FengShuiExe Member Posts: 84

DH I swing into every time, no sense in waiting/baiting. And is CoH still complained about? Honestly I don't even mind that one, most my games I think I ignore blessed totems. (I shouldn't but the amount of times I really get hit by em are few.) I think the only survivor thing that can be boring for me is the end game collapse. Some survivors get to the gate and just freeze. survivor matches can be quick but not all killer matches can be.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Maybe because they find it boring? If you don't think something's engaging, what words would you like other people use instead that you don't get offended by?

And it's not like it's a one-sided issue. There are recurring descriptors also for disliked survivor playstyles.

• FengShuiExe
    FengShuiExe Member Posts: 84

I didn't think I was offended by it, I just thought it was common. I don't usually stick to DBD this long. I was off and on from alpha to now. I honestly just wanted to know if that was the common phrase or if I really was just playing weird?

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,171

Honestly same, Ive seen like 2 people call Scratch Mirror "OP", granted they were new at the game, but never "boring".

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399

Well, the classic I see. People find something they dislike and start to say boring, meta, etc... This will never end.