Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Game is borderline unplayable with no slowdown perks.

Was trying out Stalki bois Halloween 2018 lore build with Michael. No slow down in the build. Kinda of a gimmicky stealth build. Sloppy, Face The Darkness, Fearmonger, Hysteria. I played 3 games and every game was less then 7 minutes with one game 4 minutes and 47 seconds all 4 survivors out the gate. Really sad state this game is in. You can't do anything fun with killer, gotta bring slow down or else. 2-3 hooks, 5 gens done, try and face camp at the end to get a kill. Nerf all slow downs though. Here comes the "I'm not applying pressure" and "I'm playing a D tier killer with no slow down" comments. I still don't think games ending this fast is acceptable no matter what killer and build you use. Back to Corrupt, Deadlock, chase perk, additional slow down just to have a fair game. BORING.

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,169

My favorite perks... "Corrupted", "Deadlock", and most importantly "chase perk".

• Count_Dooki
    Count_Dooki Member Posts: 60

I’m not entirely surprised that your games are going to end faster when they’re focused more on “fun” than “effectiveness”. Though I completely understand your frustration. The one of my biggest gripes with slowdown perks is when newer players aren’t given access to those perks straight away. Especially if they don’t want to buy the DLC to acquire them.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Trapper, 5 matches of Eyrie, Game, Lery, Garden of Joy, Yamaoka.

4 of 5 matches litterally play as M1 killer except Yamaoka.

No slowdown

No tunneling

No camping

11 kill for 20 survivors. Yes, its possible.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Yeah, even no perk is very much possible thanks to MMR which is actually working.

• Frys_Dog
    Frys_Dog Member Posts: 93

My lasts games loadouts:

The Trapper: -Save the best for last, Corrupt Intervention, No way out, Scourge Hook: Pain Ressonance, addons: Purple Honing stone, Iridescent stone

Map: Raccon City Police Station East Wing 3 kills + hatch at 2 gens, one of the most fun matches i have had, really good and chill survivors, i could have gifted the hatch to anyone of them, the last one waited for me to get to the hatch to throw a pebble, and then she slowly walked next to me like there wans't anything happening

The Huntress: -Shadowborn, Scourge Hook: Pain Ressonance, Darkness Revealed, Iron Maiden, addons: Yellow Manna grass braid, Yellow Leather Loop

Map: Haddonfield, 1 DC at 5 gens after 10 seconds chase, i put every survivor on death hook and the i let them finish their gens and escape, i don't like when people dc at a bad chase tbh, not good for their team and not good for the game

The Shape: -Play with your food, Scourge Hook: Pain Ressonance, Nemesis, No way out, addons: Green J.Myers Memorial, Yellow Dead rabbit

Map: Sanctum of Wrath (Yamaoka Estate) 3 kills + hatch at 2 gens, bad scourge hook placement, but really fun chases with a really good Tapp

The Deathslinger: -Save the best for last, dissolution, Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain, No way out, addons: Yellow Chewing Tobacco, Green Warden's keys

Map: The shattered square. 1 Kill, could have been 2 but i missed some really easy shoots, fun match after all

The Mastermind: -Bloodwarden, Scourge Hook: Floods of rage, Lethal pursuer, Bbq, addons: Green Video Conference device, Iri Uroboros Vial

Map: The Thompson House (Coldwin) 0 Kill, could have been 4 but i missed the last Virulent Bound

Map: Mother's Dwelling (Red forest) 3 Kills + hatch 1 gen left, they had a really tough match, i think one of the survivors was really new to the game and i pulled him off of a gen when he was full health and on death hook, at 3 gens, just when i killed the first survivor

The Executioner: -A nurse's calling, I'm all ears, Lethal pursuer, Enduring, addons: double range

Map: Sanctum of Wrath (Yamaoka Estate) 2 kills, 2 survivors left (on death hook) while the last one died on first hook, solid team, well split and really fun chases

Map: Rancid Abattoir (Coldwind Farm) 3 kills + hatch at 2 gens, really fun game with a p100 Yui and a p90 Steve, they were doing fancy flashbang stuff and i got so much fun with them, really good players

The Ghost Face: -Spirit Fury, Enduring, Jolt, Lethal pursuer, addons: Green Olsen's wallet, Purple Driver's License

Map: Dead Dawg Saloon (Grave of Glenvale) 3 kills + hatch at 1 gen, fun chases with a p69 (nice) Meg, tough match but really fun

The Blight: -Shadowborn, no addons, no kicking gens

Map: Mount Ormond Resort, 3 kills + hatch at 4 gens, one Jane that was a really nice player that know how to play against Blight, 2 Janes and a Ash that were trying to be a little bit toxic (do not t-bag every pallet if you are going to last 5 seconds in chase), fun game

Map: The Game (Gideon Meat Plant), 3 kills + hatch at 1 gen, really fun chases with a really good Dwight, i picked up the last survivor out of a locker, she was blaming Dwight after she was hiding the entire match, i gave him hatch

Map: Midwich Elementary School (Silent Hill), 3 kills + hatch at 2 gens, i wanted to give the hatch to Feng, who heroically sacrificed herself for the last survivor, but she let go on hook and died, so in order for her sacrifice not to be in vain, i gifted it to Mikaela. Really fun chases on this match, really good survivors

12 matches in total, 4 gen regression (3 pain res one jolt) and 1 slowdown (gift of pain), 2 loses, 8 wins, 1 tie and one dc match wich i dont really count. I don't think the gen regression/slowdown is the problem, if you try to win as if your life depends on it, every lose will be painful, and you will be more and more frustrated, if you play for fun, and if you are trying to do a meme build, or even the adept, you should think about having fun and not about winning, and you'll win more consistently and be less frustrated as the time goes on :D

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

Ok true but how is it fun when the game ends or is 80% complete before you can make use of anything in your build??

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

Some killers can do fine without slowdown. Myers is not one of those killers. His power takes time to build up, so on him specifically buying yourself more time is a must.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

Pressure survivors and it won't be?

Use info perks to find survivors quickly and push them away from gens.

Use chase perks to end chases quickly, make those hooks and pressure survivors off gens to help their team mates.

Use Expose perks to burn through healing and negate Dead Hard.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Yea I would run:

Oppression- Gen pressure and Gen knowledge

Surveillance- Gen knowledge and Synergizes with Oppression

Corrupt- Early game Gen pressure

Whispers- Survivors tracking

Works just as well as you put effort into it

• Warlord1981NL
    Warlord1981NL Member Posts: 262

That is not a result that will keep the game interesting...

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Which add ons?

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 442

i dont know why its so hard for people to grasp that if your opponent is playing to win and you aren't, you probably aren't going to fair to well. this isn't some groundbreaking precedent, it is the case for literally every game ever created

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

if you're not stopping the generator progression through your perks you have to be doing it through your actions. after all - gens are a main goal for survivors. and it only take 90 seconds to solo a gen unassisted by perks.

90x4+40+20= 2.5 minutes for a game with an afk killer.

so dont be afk.

(though i agree that gens are too quick to complete.)

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Do you actually play for fun or do you play with a weak Killer and a somewhat weak build and expect to win?

Seriously, Myers is not the strongest Killer, to put it mildly. He got very old over time. And your build is quite weak, even if we dont consider Slowdown-Perks, there are better Perks to use. So either you improve your build and get better results OR you play for fun with a fun build which fits the character, but dont expect to win many games.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 442

Why should anyone listen to you when it comes to discussions regarding balance if you "open the gate and stare at a wall to make sure they get nothing" whenever you encounter survivors that play to win? You clearly lack game knowledge and skill. Sorry

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

i think is fine imagine if u could make the average game last at least 10 min what would be if on top of that the killer can use 3 gen regression perks or even 4?... 20 minutes? the killer most likley won the game before that. the game is balanced around those perks and u have to use them is what it is is the same for survivors if u dont bring perks to stay alive like anti tunnel perks u are also out of the game quickly in this heavy tunneling meta. if u bring 4 chill perks u wont find a chill killer with chilkl perks. nothing guarantees that.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 261

Its not the games fault. How well can you loop? Do you mindgame every loop as killer? Do you leave chase if its taking too long? Leave the hook to pressure gens?

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,985

I play Huntress with no slowdowns and my games go fine

Of course if you play Myers who needs time to build his power, gens are going to fly. It's why I use Ruin on Myers and make sure I'm interrupting gens in the early game while I get my stalk. Once my power tiers up, I can play out the game as normal

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

I usually play with either zero slowdown or off-meta slowdown and do fine. As long as you can clean up your chases quickly, you don't have to worry a whole lot about gens.

Survivors can't do gens if they are dropping like flies, get 'em caught in a recovery spiral.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,482

DC in every match and stupid randoms plays live in actions

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Those don´t go into the kill rate.

The 55% was about killing 11 out of 20 survivors

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375

Alright so what's the answer more gen time?