What's the point of Freddy's dream?

Options

Is it just to activate your power? Because sometimes I feel like Teleporting is Freddy's only power.

Comments

• FengShuiExe
    FengShuiExe Member Posts: 82
    Options

I mean the snares only work if they are already in the dream, and you have to injure them or wait a minute until they work. They are also completely useless if the survivor recently used a clock to wake up.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,138
    Options

dream world used to apply a 50% action speed debuff towards healing and repairs. this was removed in freddy rework and put into his add-on's. The add-on were removed from the game. Jump rope used to apply a 5% repair penalty when in dream and swinging chains used to apply a 3% healing and repair penalty for each survivor in the dream world. Now those add-on are changed to 50% footstep sounds and 50% injury increase. I guess his dream world if you use add-on makes survivors louder. pretty underwhelming dream world.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options
  • CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
    Options

Sadly Freedy's dream might be useful only for snares. Or if you are sure to play against the Solo-Q the dream pallets can be quite devastating for Solo-Q but can be easily avoided by SWF. I think they should buff Freedy because I barely see any Freedy players nowadays.

• FengShuiExe
    Options

I mean they are pretty decent, once they fall asleep. But if they aren't asleep then you don't have a power. So it feels like I should only chase asleep survivors, because only then my snares are decent.

• FengShuiExe
    Options

I remember Forever Freddy, the strongest he had ever been until they gutted his add-ons because they felt they were too harsh. Now I don't think any add-on under red is good.

• Snowflake_Syndrome
    Snowflake_Syndrome Member Posts: 239
    Options

Freddy has no power. The kids have defeated and no longer fear him.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

The issue is the devs did the usual gut whatever they nerf. Tbh I'm still not sure to this day why freddy was even nerfed, he wasnt strong, he wasnt hugely popular either and if I'm not mistaken the nerf was before MMR so he had it at its easiest...

But with survivors not starting off in dream and teleport is on cooldown from the get go you are the most basic of killers and will take awhile to get people in dream, and if that isnt enough survivors now get immunity to falling asleep after waking up which lasts a long time as well as most addons being trash now.

They took an average killer and made him bad, not sure why (maybe it was for the addons which slowed gens by 1-4%) either way he didnt need it and BHVR did the usual "we dont understand, just nerf everything" mindset.

Hes just added to the list of killers I rarely see in the year, like most perks that are so weak and/or gutted after a nerf

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Yeah considering Freddy’s power only works in the dream world you think it would be stronger than most but his antiloop is probably some of the worst in the game

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,132
    Options

you're semi-invisible to awake survivors and asleep survivors can be snared. teleporting is faster the more survivor are asleep. i enjoy freddy a lot. i play him sometimes, but he's the least thematic of the dlc characters tbh. his heartbeat music is also harder to avoid than a typical terror radius

you can bait out runners if you fake a teleport. you can use perks like surveillance and discordance to see which gens you should teleport to. fired up and brutal strength let you kick gens.

if you don't understand how important vision and sound is in this game to a killer... then he probably feels like he doesn't have a power.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    Options

I'm honestly surprised nobody has brought up the fact survivors in the Dream World are Oblivious, only getting a lullaby instead of a terror radius, either to note it as an advantage or a disadvantage precisely because of the lullaby

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,619
    Options

Freddy is pretty much a joke at this point.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,465
    Options
    • It applies oblivious with a non-directional lullaby. Oblivious prevents perks that charge via terror radius like stake out and distortion
    • Each sleeping survivor increases the charge speed of teleport.
    • Allows survivors to be affected by snares or dream pallets
    • If survivors want to wake up then they will need to suffer a penalty, from failing a skill check or spending time waking up or using an alarm clock.

It's not too bad of an affect for something that happens passively.