You think we might see less killers now?

Options

So you guys think we will see a lot of killers either stop playing, or just become survivor mains? The truth is there just not many good killer perks left that effectively reliably slows down the game. Survivors on the other hand have a whole aresenol of perks, and gen rushing perks to work with. Some of the new survivor perks one of them is really good partnered up with prove thyself. Another perk basically resets lithe/sprint burst/ balanced landing. There even a new perk that silences you when you fast vault. I mean it was already getting bad with the new survivor hud update, then eruption got nerfed. I never used eruption,but still, and now all these new great survivor perks on top of all that. Let's be honest the new killer also sucks, doesn't bring any good perks. I wouldn't be surprised to see some killer mains move on to greener pastures I know I have.

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

We should have lost decent amount of killers with hud buff, so I doubt anyone staying still will leave now.

• KingDeathly
    KingDeathly Member Posts: 149
    edited February 2023
    Options

Yeah, I actually just started thinking of this. I'm like the reason why they don't properly balance there game in any way shape or form is cause of money. It truly is the only thing they seem to care about. I was having such a crappy time when I played this game, and ever since I stopped playing like a month ago I feel so much better now. I still hope the devs will come around, and give us some proper updates, but it won't ever happen. Like when we ask for a perk to be nerfed that doesn't mean make it unusable it just means change it so it works better. How many of you ever see perks like pop goes the weasel used anymore. I agree perks need a nerf,but that doesn't mean basically delete them. Smh

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • KingDeathly
    Options

Yeah I'm thinking the only ones sticking around is the killer mains who don't need any slowdowns , and just play nurse/blight/spirit. I have already heard some streamers talking about it. How they don't even see m1 killers anymore.

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531
    Options

I mean, I’ve played a majority of my games without Eruption, and have done fine. I don’t think losing it will be as bad as you think. Now if CoB or Pain Res get nerfed next midchapter, then I’ll agree that there’ll be no good slowdown left to run. But for now, we should be fine. Furthermore, two of those new perks you’re talking about suck really bad. Literally Deja Vu and Quick & Quiet are better than those two. Blood Rush though, yeah, that’s gonna be a problem.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

I’ll still be out there in the fog killin’. ❤️

Nothing would stop me from playing killer.

• KingDeathly
    Options

Oh come on it's BHVR you know damn well the rest of the perk nerfs coming is for killer specially call of brine, and overcharge. Most likely pain res too why? Cause it basically regressed the same amount as eruption. If you pay attention to the most recent trend of updates the devs are doing they have some sort of vendetta against killers lately. I won't hold my breath that they won't touch the rest of the gen slowdown perks.

• KingDeathly
    Options

If they nerf every slowdown then how exactly is that shacking up the meta lmfao 🤣 did you not even see how the new killer didn't even bring any usefull perks? I'll just wait here with baited breath for this huge meta shake up your expecting. Rofl 😂

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

I think Bloodrush is basically meant to counter tunneling. It just seems like it’s supposed to help a survivor being tunneled out. Tbh it’s just a weaker form of Adrenaline.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,995
    Options

Because of the very deserved Eruption nerf? Hopefully not

Did they over nerf it? Sure

but if you leave because a perk cant carry you anymore.... idk what to tell ya

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 602
    Options

Who said I was expecting a meta shakeup anytime soon? All I said, was "If they nerf any of those perks it's because they are going to switch up the meta again and it will happen on both sides". The key word being if. Plus, I think you are sort of overreacting and just assuming they would nerf every slowdown perk in the game until nothing is usable, which I think is a ridiculous thought.

I can honestly say, I never once used eruption since the buff (or any gen kick perks, because I don't kick gens) and I have done just fine.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,802
    Options

I feel like that Spider-man and Tony Stark meme is applicable here. "If you're nothing without Eruption, then you shouldn't have it"

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531
    Options

Blood Rush literally turns Sprint Burst into old Dead Hard, but better. It’s gonna punish people who don’t tunnel and do nothing for people who actually want to tunnel.

• KingDeathly
    Options

I love how people automatically assuke this entire post is about eruption even when I said I never used that perk or any gen kicking perk. I can say they will nerf it cause I've been playing this game for years, and if you pay attention to the current trend of updates you can clearly see most of the nerfs are for killer. People have been complaining for way too long about the killer gen kicking meta. Why would they touch eruption, and not touch call of brine, and overcharge. There no meta shake up happening for that to happen they would need to introduce or buff a perk. If they were intending to buff a perk they wouldn't have basically deleted pop/ruin/eruption. Three perks nobody use any more.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    edited February 2023
    Options

It doesn’t do any of that. You have to have one hook left before you die, be fully healed, running, and exhausted to use it. And all it does is remove your exhaustion. I agree it won’t really save the person being tunneled but hey it buys a little more time for the team. Maybe they can come in and body block/take aggro.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 602
    edited February 2023
    Options

So, you mentioned 3 other meta regressions perks for no other reason, other than a feeling? If eruption hadn't been touched would you still fear those perks being nerfed? You're entire post I replied to originally, and the follow up response was CLEARLY because eruption got changedSo yes, it was a safe assumption..

I told you why I didn't think COB/overcharge would be touched. They have no reason to, they touched eruption because it was unhealthy. I'd be floored if they touched any other regression perk without buffing any others. If your prophecy comes true feel free to @ me. And you keep clinging onto me saying the meta shakeup when I said that's the only reason they'd touch those perks.

I've been playing this game for years too, and I must be playing a completely different game from you because killers clearly aren't the only ones being nerfed or their perks being nerfed.

• Witchubtet
    Witchubtet Member Posts: 640
    Options

I’ve played since 2016 and still find it hard to believe how long it takes for certain none character specific metas to move on. Insta-Healing was in the game for a bit, then it was just bad maps with overly done pallets, after that it was DH for years on years.

I truly only remember one meta for killers back in the day. Ruin alongside Old STBFL before both got changed. It wasn’t until November I started to see a kicking Meta truly take place.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited February 2023
    Options

There is many people here and different people claims different things, humans aren't hivemind.

is it some fallacy? I don't see constructiveness in labelling other people after all.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,080
    Options

I don't know. I still have fun for the most part and win the overwhelming majority of my games on every killer that I'm actually good at. My win rate is over 80% on many killers (we don't talk about Huntress though). But I also have a stupid amount of hours and stuck it out through many rough periods when I wasn't good. Many people understandably won't do that, and others won't keep playing once they get to that point because the game doesn't reward you in any way for being good at it.

I don't find game speed to be problematic. Maps, yes. And killer balance could always be better. But the perception of survivor gen perks vs the reality is highly skewed. I don't think many players have actually run Hyperfocus, for example. It does absolutely nothing most games. You're genuinely better off running Fast Track.

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 391
    Options

If you needed Eruption to win games you probably shouldn't have been winning them.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Use CoB and Sloppy or a mangled addon. Hit, don't commit. You can kick sim a 3 gen exactly the same; you don't need Eruption with that build.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

Hilariously that's the point of the nerfs made... If before only those groups can screw badly most of the killer roster, with the recent changes (new hud, eruption nerfs, adding more perks that will improve the genspeed, etc etc) even bad survivors will win easily if they repair generators no matter how much good you are as killer... Honestly this game is slowly doomed to die (they even conviced me to take a break for how much they ruined their game and this was an almost impossible deed to accomplish for how much i liked this game)

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,055
    Options

I see the decline in Killer playerbase as a good thing. Survivors will notice that queue times for games take longer, leading to less motivation to play the game and BHVR will hopefully buff Killers to make the experience better.

It’s like 2022 never happened.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 584
    Options

As sad as it may sound, it's probably the only way to make devs pay attention to what average killer experience is.

There still will be players who will just do Tome challenges for charms and then put game back to shelf. There simply is little reason to play this game on regular basis, even if you are a streamer.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I never used eruption so it doesnt affect my killer gameplay at all?

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

It buys no time if you tunnel someone, because it can only trigger when Healthy.

The logical counter to it is just to tunnel anyone with SB or Lithe on third hook. It's dumb.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,161
    Options

Lol they must not have read further than the first sentence or so on the perk and just assume it's broken, the only people really crying are those who can't live without eruption in their build, nothing else really changed that made a difference, though I will admit the new killer is kinda boring and leaves something to be desired , 3 genning is strong but that's about it really tbh, the survivors have more fun against this killer than you will playing as them because the power is more interactive for them but until you get down to like 1-2 gens left this killer is just a basic Barry pretty much

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

I have enjoyed the queue times when playing survivor. I like to play both sides equally, so short queue times on both sides is great.

It has been fairly equal queue times with Eruption, so I am a bit afraid that survivor queues will take longer now.

However, I'll take longer survivor queues over a single perk HARD-carrying killers who don't deserve to win as many games as they have been.

Now if only the devs could do that for SWF, too. Just as I shouldn't lose to a killer much worse than me just because he put on Eruption, I shouldn't be at a big disadvantage against survivors who aren't really that good, but just happen to be in a group. (Please take away stacking items like medkits or toolboxes for SWF...please. That would be such a good start).

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

I didn't use eruption before when it first released I straight through it was not good which I was right. I hadn't used the current iteration either. Then again, I rarely play as is.

• SoskiHeroKiller
    SoskiHeroKiller Member Posts: 15
    Options

The in game hub is fine. "Why?" you ask, well dead by daylight has swf and solo queue and BHVR had a decision to make, rather give solo queue a buff or pull the plug on swfs. If you would say they should have left it be, then the game would seem to favour the swfs and not solo queue on the changes BHVR makes. So the game hub should stay.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I was doing just fine earlier without any gen kicking perks. Got my ass handed to me a few times but overall I was winning my games. I played Trapper and a bit of Ghostface.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,509
    Options

Yeah, the thing is, the new HUD does not improve Survivor efficiency. It shows what other Survivors are doing, which is information which is available to SWF.

However, the main strength of SWF is that you eliminate the RNG when it comes to your teammates. If you play in a 4 man-SWF, you know how the other 3 players play, you know if they are good in chases and if they are efficient on Gens. This is not the case as Solo-Player - yes, it might also happen that you end up in a game where everyone is good. But this is RNG. Same time you can end up in a game where every Survivor is inefficient and then the HUD also does not really help.

In the end, we all know what will happen - the Dev will release new Stats which are not much different from before and Killers will once again say that the stats are wrong.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,623
    Options

You say that, the new perk Leverage in a hit and run style could be massive if COH ever gets nerfed hard enough to kill it for good.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

Pain res gave you 13,5 sec of regressing.

1 succesful eruption hit gave you 40 sec.

If on top of that you see that pain res has more counterplay than eruption and requires more to use you'll see why eruption had to be nerfed

• Wampa1
    Wampa1 Member Posts: 175
    Options

In a word Yes,look at the increase in lobby times for survivor and the fact that I have seen a marked increase in the frequency killer is getting the player incentive bonus.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

You're seriously overrating the new Survivor perks. And let's not act like Eruption didn't deserve a nerf.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,286
    Options

Even if it happens it won't be statistically significant and more than likely not noticable via matchmaking times. So in other words even if it happens, it will be like it never did.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

No but Killer verity will take a hit... as if it wasn't already a problem