Has the possibility of this chapter being a false flag been discussed?

Options

Few times has BHVR missed the mark this hard with a chapter. Yeah, they aren't known for publishing particularly polished updates, but by god was this time really bad. The character designs feel cheap, the """new""" map just feels like something out of predator but in the woods for some reason, the perks are either hot garbage or absolutely overpowered. People don't even seem to like the music for once! There really seems to be zero redeeming qualities about anything about to be released.

So what if BHVR is pulling a false flag on us to make the ACTUAL next chapter more of a surprise? That way they can combat the leaks and bring more hype to the chapter. Say, in about one or two weeks it's actually revealed in a shocking trailer where everyone dies that the new killer is actually going to be predator or something. That would be pretty awesome I think, but at the same time I don't really think BHVR would put this much work sadly.

Comments

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,660
    edited February 2023
    Options

There's another post talking about it but I highly highly doubt it. It'd be pretty damn cool if it was true though and it'd probably generate a ton of hype.

Edit: Like the more I think about it the cooler it sounds. They release the chapter, the cutscene is different where it shows the lady hunting down a survivor, her tech starts to malfunction and then an invisible Predator shows up behind her and does her mori on her.

Predator gets an upgraded version of the drones as well as some invisibility power, a gun or something. It'd be cool as hell.

• FMG15
    FMG15 Member Posts: 456
    Options

This chapter is fully fledged. They put work into designing a killer and two survivors with a functioning power, a mori and music. There is no way that this is a false flag. Also no way the license holders would agree to something like this.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,334
    edited February 2023
    Options

I like the idea. Only that's not how it works. The DLC is already on the PTB as bad as it might be. I will not buy this chapter. I'm not even sure I want to buy the killer with shards.

Think about it. I have the choice between another Hillbilly cosmetic I will never use because I always spiral back to the Milkman or.... this. That's honestly not an easy choice for once.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

After reading these posts, BHVR might decide this could save them from some serious backlash. Gonna have to pull some all-hands-on-deck all-nighters for the next couple weeks to make it happen though!

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,073
    Options

It wouldn't make sense for the devs to do that. It creates the reaction we've seen on social media, which they have to deal with. Plus, you can't bait and switch people who are participating in a PTB. You need players to participate in it for QA purposes and testing. Players aren't going to play the PTB if they think it's fake.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 271
    Options

Is this chapter that hated that many have to come up with these theories?

I HIGHLY doubt there's going to be another killer replacing Adriana. Why having a PTB and giving her any lore (whether you like it or not) and all.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,789
    Options

I really really doubt it. No one has to like or play every single new chapter, there are dozens of other killers to choose from still. Not liking her doesn't mean there needs to be a conspiracy.