Hacker forcing you to DC?

After it happend 2 times and in my only 2 games as Killer today i just need to ask this:

Does anyone else have gotten a forced DC after trying to pick up a survivor?

I down them and then get stuck looking at the ground during the pick up animation, get disconnected from the server. I falsely get a DC penalty for it and it is annoying that after 40 minutes i am still at 9000 bloodpoints.

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,497

I definitely don't want to rile out that it could be a hacker, but this isn't uncommon when you have a bad internet connection to the server.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,014

happen to me 2 to 3 times a week out of hundreds of games. pretty sure it my connection but it always happen on pick up without fail

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515

Why would your connect always die on a pick up?

Or on an early first down, or...

Any other number of other events that cause a sudden rage spike in your opponent.

Some where on google you can find the sales site for tools that cause what you described. I haven't tried to use the tools, but I have had quite a few circumstantially suspicious internet failures specific to the PC i'm on, in a room with 4 of them, others still stable.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,014

You probably right honestly

but I'm very hesitant to call someone a cheater without irrefutable evidence

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

ones happenstance, twice is a coincidence, three is a pattern.

If it keeps happening specifically on pickup, I'd say there's a hacker ######### with you

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515
    edited February 2023

I don't either.

Just leave and move on afterwards.

Its infuriating when it happens, but it fades pretty quick, and as long as Behavior does clean them out from time to time, it doesn't get too out of control.

lol

I logged in to test some new headphones with spirit.

45 seconds into the match and I get DCed...

• Späher
    Späher Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2023

Just started playing today again:

Killer Trickster -> Match went without issue.

Survivor Ada -> Get spawned and got DC'ed with penalty.

Second Match with Ada -> Get on hook and got DC'ed with penalty

Edit: Third match with ada -> the same

All the while Discord and the stream of a friend runs smoothly and I am at 500 mbit download and 35 mbit upload.

i call this fun :D Maybe i get indeed ddos'ed

Post edited by Späher on
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

This happened to me a few days ago. Go to pick up the survivor and the game froze for 15-20s and the game ends with a 500 error. While frozen I checked the survivor's ping and it looked normal. Now it wasn't going well for the survivors at the time, so it seemed sus.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,619
    edited February 2023

I had crashes, purely due to game bugs, but never that.

Aslo, you may encounter a cheater once in a while, even 3 times a night at high MMR, but it would never amount to that big of a ban I think.

edit: in case I'm not being explicit enough : if you get that issue very often it's likely it's on your side, be it your "house", or someone "targeting" you (possibly not related to DbD). This includes malwares and house members massively streaming.

Post edited by drsoontm on