Do you still have hopes on stranger things returning?

Options
jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,546

With everyone saying the next chapter is stranger things which has been going on for a bit I feel like more people slowly lose hope on its return. I am one of those people who has lost hope on it since well you see all the screen shots and videos but the soon enough you realize it might not happen but do you still have hopes on its return?

Comments

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515
    Options

Yes. I want to see the map and the killer available.

I want to buy the Demogorgon, and Eddie/Dustin.

😀

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995
    Options

No it wont.

But honestly it isnt a big loss, Demo is one of the most boring killer, he is so average overall, nothing to excel at, also giving information to survivors all the time, with how extremely loud he is, his m2 is hard countered by DH, his portals are very easily removed, he can't stealth because so loud, honestly he was twins rare even when was available

• Snowflake_Syndrome
    Snowflake_Syndrome Member Posts: 239
    Options

Only part of ST I miss is Hawkins. Demo yeah I find him really boring tbh and his portals are way to unreliable. You could do the same thing with Dredge or Sadako and get better results.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,540
    Options

No, because it was never going to return in the first place.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

I'm 99% certain it will come back.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

No, I never thought it would come back. When they removed Stranger Things and even changed perks names when they already sounded generic was when I figured they'd never come back. Too much time and effort was put into removing/changing that chapter, no way they'd risk having to do that again with same license.

• Kuinzu
    Kuinzu Member Posts: 134
    Options

Yes, I think it will. The map that they were working on was shown on July 30th 2022. It was a prototype with some quality DbD assets, the most convincing of which was the basement. What's interesting about this is that the basement shown was the new basement re-design which was officially released in 6.4.0, and came out on 22nd November 2022.

If the map really was faked, then how did the creators get the new basement design, back in July 2022 when we didn't even know about the basement re-design until late October 2022?

If this theory is correct, and the map is truly official, then both parties have been working together again on a rework of the Hawkins map in the Spring/Summer of 2022, when Stranger Things 4 came out. If a whole second chapter is in the works, we'll see it sometime in Summer this year.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,326
    Options

It may not.

But i still hope for it. I like to get Hawkins back.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

Nothing is impossible. When it does not come back i at least hope they bring a map like hawkins again. I think when they have the possibility they will do it so yes i still have hope.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,961
    Options

I like the way you worded the question, 'on' instead of 'of.' Because in that case, yes, my hopes on it are that it never returns and it's looking good so far.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

It all depends on Netflix not BHVR

Unless something happens then it won't change

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    edited March 2023
    Options

It'd be a good move for bhvr. A new stranger things chapter would generate a LOT of interest and revenue, vecna would make an excellent killer and eddie a brilliant survivor. Hell even just access to demo, steve and nancy again would see a lot of hype.

Personally I'd love the opportunity to play hawkins lab never got chance to try it. Got a physical copy for xbox with access to the chapter and Demo is hands down my favourite killer. My one true main.

I feel like IF they do bring stranger things back they might wait until season 5 is coming out to capitulise on the hype.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Heresy.

Demo is a great killer. Probably one of the best balanced in the game. Requires good skill and planning to use, but is viciously effective if used right.

• tristenbennett381
    tristenbennett381 Member Posts: 117
    Options

Vecna and StarCourt Mall would be sick, I doubt it will happen though.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,504
    Options

I hope it does, but it's probably not very realistic at this point.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Nope. As much as I want it back in the game, it's most likely never going to return.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

I truly doubt it, but it would be cool.

I'm one of the rare folks that doesn't want a new stranger things chapter, mostly because I don't like vecna or the later seasons of stranger things. But I won't deny that a starcourt mall map wouldn't be cool, because it totally would be cool.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158
    Options

Tbf, the last season was a massive improvement over the previous two seasons

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,789
    Options

I wouldn't mind if it did. I have everything from the previous release, but it'd be nice to see more Demoboys running around. A new chapter with new killer and survivor/s would be the icing on the cake.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

I don't think it will, Netflix seems pretty committed on going thier own way when it comes to more stranger things related games.

BHVR's relationship with Netflix is basically the complete opposite of the relationship with Konami. Which no offense to BHVR but it blows my mind Konami blew off Kojima only to say yes to giving BHVR the responsibility of continuing silent hill.

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 357
    Options

I never stopped believing!

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,189
    Options

When Netflix will file for bankruptcy, the IP should be up for grabs. Maybe then.

• VoidOfMe
    VoidOfMe Member Posts: 416
    edited March 2023
    Options

would you make another deal with the company that crossed you over without hesitation?

It's like you tell your friend: - "Oh, nice drawing you made, let me spend this money to make it into an action figure, we'll sell them, and we'll split the money between us."

then you spend like 10k to make de figures and right when you are about to crack 7k sales your friend tells you: - "Stop selling, I don't wanna work with you anymore", you'd say: - "But I've spent all the money, we had a deal" and he says: - "I do not care, just get the figures and throw them in the trash, you can't sell them anymore"

I don't know about you or BHV, but I would never.

• MalevolentGhoster
    MalevolentGhoster Member Posts: 29
    Options

I just want it return so i could train my blight with collisions

• SAF3TYRA1LS
    SAF3TYRA1LS Member Posts: 178
    Options

No. I was playing during the last chance sale and didn't get it because I was fully convinced they'd bring it back a year later fml

• Snowball777
    Snowball777 Member Posts: 143
    Options

Netflix and it's people are petty, egotistical, and worst of all dumb as bricks.

They won't allow it back even if it would be a 100% benefit to them at nearly no cost.

• DoctorMadness
    DoctorMadness Member Posts: 44
    Options

Hawkins was a trash map like their was nothing good about that map fot any sides

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,331
    Options

I hope it will return. But it is out BHVR's hands at this point. Only Netflix can tell, if they will ever bring the license back.

I don't even understand why they left DBD. I mean, it had no negative consequences for them. Was there anything in particular that would give us a hint why Stranger Things left?