Game state

Options

Just wondering why the game is in such a horrible state.

My opinion:

MMR is the most toxic and worst idea they have ever went through with. The way you gain MMR is enforcing tunneling, camping and gen rushing. 3 things people NEVER asked for =D. Like seriously, you gain MMR for escaping or getting sacrifices. People complain daily on the forum about tunneling, camping and gen rushing so why haven't they done anything about it? Also why is it that this perfect system never places you with people at your skill level? I have 3.5k hours on this game and I still get matched with people who have under 100 hours that are hiding at the edge of the map and never do gens. What's the point of having MMR if it never works?

I got some friends into the game this month. They were completely new, I played games with them and we won more matches then we lost. Now when I go to play soloq I get matched with people that has a way lower skill in the game than me. I am on a 15 loss streak now where my teammates aren't doing anything. Is it so that if I want to play with people who are new to the game my MMR gets as low as theirs? I'm not saying that I am a god at the game but I know I'm better at the game compared to NEW players to the game.

The latest 2 dlc's - Forged in Fog chapter and Tools of Torment chapter are the worst chapters to ever hit DBD game health wise. You guys released 2 chapters in a row where the killers have an ability to keep the game hostage with a 3 gen. 2 killers that encourages holding the special W key instead of looping. More gen speed perks that literally no one asked for. I never see any gen speed perks being used except for maybe provethyself and hyperfocus "when I barely see them".

The current killer meta in "high MMR xD" is to tunnel a player OUT of the game to even stand a chance to win. What do you think that survivor getting tunneled out of the game think? Do you think it's fun for the survivor that is getting tunneled? Do you think they want to keep playing the game? What about the killer? Do you think killers like holding a 3 gen for 20+ minutes? Do you think it's fun for killers to get destroyed if they don't tunnel? It's daily complains about these things on the forum and you guys just choose not to look at it I guess?

One of the new survivor perks that you guys made with the Tools of Torment chapter was a perk that encouraged tunneling. Yes you guys have now reworked it which is good but even the fact that you guys thought that it was a viable perk is insane. Tools of Torment should not come to the game. I have not seen one positive video about this new chapter.

I want to love this game so bad, but at this stage I'm forcing myself to play it only to quit after 1 or 2 matches. When I seek help from the forums I just see complaining which makes it even more deteriorating. I guess all I want is answers or some hope at least so I can play this game with a smile again. I know a lot of you people still enjoy this game despite it faults, can you people please teach me how to love this game. How to have a fun time playing DBD as it is in this state?

Comments

• Bombaclatt
    Bombaclatt Member Posts: 32
    Options

PLEASE tell me why you think so. I want to know your secrets 🤗

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 217
    Options

I've been playing for about 2-3 years now. Very casual player here, I usually just want to chill and play some games and honestly playing dbd recently it feels like such a slog. It's hard to enjoy it now for some reason. It doesn't feel good to play, I feel massively overwhelmed every single match now. Could be because of the MMR stuff I dunno.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,906
    Options

It's not just sacrificing and escaping that increases your MMR. Your opponents MMRs are also factored in. If you gen rush and run circles around a killer with a lower MMR and escape, your MMR isnt going to increase because the game expects the people with higher MMRs to win. Likewise, if you're tunnelling or camping "the weak link", your MMR isnt going to increase because the game expects you to beat that individual. The devs have also said that 50% of the time you should face killers you have the capacity to escape from, and 50% more of a challenge.

In your case, it might have been that playing with new friends meant that most of your Killers were also less experienced and so the game expected you to win, which you did. So your MMR *should* have stayed relatively the same. But then all of this is just going off the info that's been given here, which I may be misunderstanding. Are you definitely losing because of your team mates, or could it be that the game is now giving you more challenging killers to compensate for the ones you and your swf escaped?

• Bombaclatt
    Bombaclatt Member Posts: 32
    edited March 2023
    Options

Sometimes I make bad plays of course but of those 15 matches it's been my teammates which have either been new to the game or people who hides and never does the objective. TL:DR I have teammates that are clearly not at my skill level

edit: The killers are fine, they are around my level.

• PowZapBamWoofMeow
    PowZapBamWoofMeow Member Posts: 195
    Options

I room took like a 2 year break no lie. I am enjoying killer now more than before. Of course I’ve grown a bit and mellowed out, and there is still some anxiety, but the killer experience is overall more enjoyable.

BUT…… the game still has its problems.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

But here's the thing... They can only count Kills and escapes not everything else

Hooks- If they counted hooks into the equation that would mean more numbers... for both sides

Gens- Same as hooks... on both sides

Gen times- would be even more complicated

Chase times- Would be even more complicated

Also whom you are matched with and against has an impact

So all of that would make MMR even worse then it already is

• LoolaHoop87
    LoolaHoop87 Member Posts: 45
    Options

This I completely agree with this. I have been playing less and less but and it makes me sad that I put so much time and effort into a game for it to be wasted because the Meta is to Tunnel the first player and gen rush. I played this event and bloodrush and I would say 90% of games were 4 hooks 1 person is dead. It needs to be made so much better. That person getting tunnelled in every match is not going to keep coming back and playing and the killer getting gen rushed into oblivion isn't going to come back to play. It's demoralising. Casual players do not want to mix with the 'comp players' there needs to be a ways and means to separate the types of players for this to go back to being enjoyable. Time and time again I try to come back to the game and it gets worse and worse. The recent killers just hold 3 gens, they don't allow you to loop anymore you have to hold W meaning new people to the game don't learn to loop so then you face a whole heap of people holding W. I beg that tunnelling and gen rushing is deterred the same as camping is now being or a new game mode is introduced it needs a huge shake up/revival to make it fun again, no amount of bloodpoints, shards, new DLC or Twitch Drops will help its way past the point of this.