a moment of silence for old eruption

Options
solarjin1
solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780

You piss a lot of people off but also did some good.

●D tier killers was actually somewhat useable because of you.

● The Knight went from a high c tier to a low s tier whenever 3 gens was left while using you.

●sadako condemned build went from being a gimmick to a real threat because of the gen stalling u provided. Rest yourself...u done enough!!

Comments

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

I don’t kick gens. It won’t be missed by me

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

And hello overcharge you miss eruption regression ignore it and it turns into call of brine

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,677
    Options

Good riddance.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    Options

I won't miss it.

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658
    Options

I'm just sad killers is getting yet another useless perk that won't see the light of day after tomorrow. It joins perks like FC, dying light, thana, ruin, and pop. Never good when a perk is nerfed to complete uselessness on either side. Looking forward to seeing the "nerf CoB + Overcharge" and "nerf pain res" threads that will pop up in a couple of weeks.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

people havent complained about cob and pain in a long time people dont really care about those since they have fair counterplay after all.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited March 2023
    Options

Rest in piece Eruption. Your lawyers will receive what they asked for: more Tunneling by killer-players (well, it already happens every 2nd game at least).

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

I never used it, I never complained about it but I’m glad I can finally rush gens again without being interrupted 😁

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,152
    Options

I'll give it a week maybe less and we start seeing survivors demanding overcharge and Call of Brine nerfs.

I didnt use eruption but the new eruption i will. I love aura reading perks <3

• solarjin1
    Options

i actually never use eruption myself despite buying nessmiss but going against it as a survivor i always thought "could be worse". honestly this meta wasn't to bad compare to previous ones.

im in the minority clearly thinking Eruption and DH are both needed. (eruption just needed better counterplay)

• Kius
    Kius Member Posts: 140
    Options

I'm sure survivors are going to enjoy the gen speed more after eruption is gone.

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528
    Options

My hope is that some killers play more survivor, so I can get a consistant 100% BP bonus for killer. 😁

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

Why not make weaker killers more viable instead of keeping broken perks around "because they're fine on F tier killers lol"

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Never actually used Eruption, even tho i have it.

Playing against it just made me sick, so i refused to use it against anyone. Super happy about this change. More hyped for that than the new killer

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Ah, that again.

"Guess there will be more tunneling guys". I mean, you can hop into your Blight and start tunneling if you like...

@Topic:

The Perk will probably mostly missed by Killer players who really got carried by it. I guess there will be some tough games coming up before their MMR is lowered a bit again.

• stonedcandle
    stonedcandle Member Posts: 55
    edited March 2023
    Options

I'm really disappointed. I used it before it was buffed because it was good then, it was great after the buff. I wish they would've just reduced the incapacitation back to its pre-buffed state instead of removing it altogether.

People talking about being carried by perks when there's one that literally makes you invulnerable...

Bad survivors though trying to play like after this perk is nerfed bad killers will lose more. Come on, they're just going to start tunneling and camping you more. You think you're getting somewhere by getting killers nerfed when all you're doing is making the game more miserable for everyone.

slowclap

All you had to do was avoid kicked generators. And if you were letting the killer kick every single one before getting a down, well there's not much that can be said at that point. And if the worry was 3-gens, if it reached a point where they were able to kick all 3 gens and get a down before you finished one of them, again not much can be said.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Underrated comment

I'm honestly looking forward to playing with the new one. I think people are going to sleep on it

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

I think most people would like this, but behavior simply don't have the interest/bandwidth for doing it.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Can't remember the last time I used Eruption, ever. And I still win the majority of my matches. I think it's a carry Perk for bad players, just like Noed and old Dead Hard.

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658
    edited March 2023
    Options

No, they didn't care about those bc they complained about eruption. Now that eruption is gone ppl will start complaining about those again bc survivor mains hate any gen slowdown :P Btw before ppl found out how strong eruption was they totally complained about pain res and other gen slow down perks, so yeah... you totally will see ppl complaining about other slowdown perks.

• HastuneMiku
    HastuneMiku Applicant Posts: 49
    Options

Good riddance to the most annoying perk the game has ever had. You won't be missed.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,319
    Options

I mean what tier a killer is is really just based on their win rates. Yeah, a killer shouldn't -only- have a good win rate because of a very specific, OP build, but as long as they get wins consistantly, they're high tier.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Players and low tier killers should not be entirely reliant on a single perk. That is not a good thing

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

Nurse doesnt have highest kill rate, but is always the highest tier.

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531
    Options

People hate 3 gens. CoB and Overcharge incentivize that strat. Expect outcries and nerfs.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,774
    Options

Good riddance to that brain dead perk.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,130
    edited March 2023
    Options

The new strat is pretty much just as good if not better against SWF (but weaker against solos), just not on the killers that are bad.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

We celebrate and hoping killers learn how to chase again.

• bunnyfengenthusiast
    bunnyfengenthusiast Member Posts: 471
    Options

Killer main here. Old Eruption can burn in hellfire, along with all the unskilled baby killers (mostly Knights) that it carried to an undeserved win.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,138
    edited March 2023
    Options

Had a three gen against a Wesker. He had no eruption to carry him and we managed to break it. Life is good. With Eruption he would have had a guaranteed win. So glad this perk and the impossible situations where killers forced three gens from the start are gone. As killer I stayed with pain res/dms and refused to use eruption out of principle. Not something i'll miss as killer.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 535
    Options

It carried killers to wins they didnt deserve worse than the first iteration of ruin, won't be missed by me.

• solarjin1
    Options

i think they will chase less now unfortunately. Eruption was incentivizing killers to chase more to proc the very strong/sometimes overpowering effect

• Jylppy
    Jylppy Member Posts: 44
    Options

Moment of silence for this whole game. With the latest chapter included, I think it is becoming my time to say goodbye. Perk fest is not fun anymore. Balance were lost long time ago. At some point this game is not healthy for you anymore.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 600
    edited March 2023
    Options

I don't agree with this. A lot of killers kicked gens in the middle of chases/dropped chase to get eruption on it before resuming chase, if they didn't lose the person, or chase someone else. I'm not putting the blame solely on eruption for it - it's the overall gen kick meta we are in now.

Anecdotally, which I constantly have to say because everyone's experiences in this game are different, a lot of killers I face definitely don't chase as much or as well as they used to because the meta is realistically locking down a 3 gen on a lot of killers with gen kick perks. I have a running theory that a lot of newer players in the past year just have underdeveloped chase skills/game sense because of it, but that's really just what I noticed.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

That it incentivises slugging is something I haven't actually thought about - but ye, now that you mention it, it does. I mean, sure, it's nice to know where survivors are on gens - but if you really want to make use of the aura reading you want to use it with Lethal and you won't want to pick the survivor up because by the time you hooked them the aura is gona and the survivor probably as well. - And for people who want to not have their slug go to waste Knockout would come in really handy. And while not particularly strong, Knockout has to be one of the most obnoxious killer perks. ------- Well, we'll see what people do with Eruption from here on out.

That is because Nurse is a free starter killer and there are disproportionally more people who don't know how to play Nurse than there are people who know how to play her. - To illustrate the difference: Take someone who has pretty good game knowledge and really knows how to play the killer they are playing. Now have them play the killer without perks and add-ons. A really good Nurse will still 4k without too much sweat, while a, say, Doctor without perks or add-ons will not be able to do that. This is what ultimately separates "really good" killers from "really bad" killers; how reliant they are on certain perks and/or add-ons.