If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

So are we going to talk about the devs trying to sneak in a scream nerf for some reason?

Options

So in the middle of the patchnotes there is just casually thrown in that on several perks and addons (INCLUDING MAKE YOUR CHOICE) you can now no longer hear the scream of a survivor outside of 19m range (you need to be 24m for make your choice), You only get a sound notification now instead of the survivor screaming.

WHY BHVR; LITERALLY NOONE ASKED FOR THIS.

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,307
    Options

I don't think they did this to nerf scream-related perks.

Though why the consistency was necessary to begin with, beats me.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,172
    Options

I'll go for Beast of Prey. I managed to get value out of it once while playing Sadako.

Also, you forgot Lethal Pursuer. That perk is still pretty good. Can't wait to find out how they'll nerf that one in the next patch.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

What the hell, I browsed the changes earlier and didn't even notice that. It's... so bad.

No one asked for this and it literally nerfs good playstyles and skillful plays (recognizing which survivor is hit by effects through their voice), making some perks useless like Make Your Choice ??

They compromised on reverting some of Eruption, hopefully, HOPEFULLY they can revert that too.

How it made it past brainstorming or testing I have no idea.

• jordywordy
    jordywordy Member Posts: 99
    Options

People are still surprised by changes like this? Lmao.. Learn to know the BHVR side of the force and you will achieve a stupidity greater than any other.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

I’ve seen it discussed a lot on forums and YouTube already. It’s getting attention. Almost universal negative feedback and exactly what you said. A stupid change that nobody was asking for

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Ok I don't remember any of these changes in the PTB so where the heck did they come from.....this is a major Nerf to all those perks and makes Camping and Tunneling worse because now Killers won't be able to tell who's the one that "screamed" unless they are so close to smell them.....

We definitely need a response from Mandy or Penits on why these changes were added

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options

BHVR however long ago: We're making it so you can hear the scream of a survivor when unhooking for Make Your Choice so you know whether it was a David or Feng who unhooked.

BHVR now: We want things to be consistent so we're nerfing most, but not all screaming perks and add-ons to have a hard cap of 19 meters for the screaming audio because consistency even though it's not actually consistent and there's no point to making it consistent because all these perks and add-ons work differently.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

I'm calling it now, there was some kind of impossible to fix coding error that made the screaming have a range cap of 19m

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 285
    Options

Lol this stuff is comical, I honestly wonder if this is done to outrage bait or something because who the actual heck wanted SCREAMING nerfed. Volume down? Maybe, but nerfing it ######### man this stuff has to be on purpose it has to be intended to piss us off.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

It’s nonsense.

I could weave an expletive laden tapestry to cover the wall but it would do no good. Not my pot. No need to ######### in it.