The skull merchant

Options
Desteriaa
Desteriaa Member Posts: 118
edited March 2023 in General Discussions

My first thoughts on the new chapter from all the games I’ve played yesterday The skull merchant is like knight 2.0 but more passive I guess.

This killer really succeeds with camping an area making sure the survivors 3 gen which is not very fun to go against nor does it seem fun to play.

Her power is pretty well designed I Guess but when a survivor is injured its pretty much useless so maybe there could be some improvements with that. Besides her camping abilities she doesn’t have much going for her honestly.

I haven’t gotten a chance to play her yet so maybe my thoughts on this will change but so far this chapter is a flop for me. Love the survivors though.

Post edited by Desteriaa on

Comments

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 568
    Options

Honest Trailer:

• Guards a 3-gen.
    • Can do nothing but M1 in chase so you constantly have to break chase...
    • 30 - 40 minute matches inside a triangle, working your ass off for nothing.
    • Radar is cool, but ultimately just a gimmick since you can't do anything real in chase.
    • Practically useless against seasoned survivors.
    • Great if you like being disappointed.
  • solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

i think behavior did a decent job oddly enough. The drones look cool and she got amazing add ons. Her ability to force 3gens is annoying tho.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

The idea is cool. As a stealth killer enthusiast, the idea of putting down pockets of detection jammer is neat but uh... I wonder if this just one of those things where a power has these multiple effects but are ultimately watered down.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 624
    Options

I played against her once and it was a super long back and forth in a 3-gen she camped from the very start and she ended up only getting two kills because she finally committed to a chase she shouldn't have because she herself got tired of camping a 3-gen.

If that's how all games against her are going to be, I hope I don't see her often...

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,912
    edited March 2023
    Options

Pretty much my feelings too. I like the concept, I like her look, and the drones add something different. But her 3 gen gameplay will get stale fast, as most people dont have time for those sorts of long drawn out games. I think she will get more DCs and survivors letting go on hook than Nurse ever did.

• daggersnight
    daggersnight Member Posts: 119
    Options

Key point is the 3 gen part. I just had a match with a 3 gen Merchant who was able to just spam place drones on the top floor of the Game map to see people on the bottom floor doing a gen. That match was over 30 mins long. Me and my fellow survivors just gave up because it became boring and a chore. This wasn't the only time either because I had a match with one earlier that also was over 30 mins (and yes I did time it). Its boring, dull, and uninteresting.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,149
    Options

Just had three skull merchants in a row. All of them three gen strat. I just dc'd and gave up in the third one. I feel like that's the only viable strategy. It's just exhausting and not worth the time or effort to play the game out. I don't have time to play 30 minute matches over and over again. You can have your win because i'm just not going to deal with it after I just got done dealing with every single knight player doing the same thing.

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191
    Options

I don't really see how she succeeds in camping an area anymore than the other W M1 killers. She has no teleport/speed boost to quickly travel between gens, has no ranged attack, and her instadown is easily avoided spending a few seconds disabling the drone (and if you're injured and running DH you can just ignore drones). Just need 2 survivors, 1 on each of the furthest gens in the 3gen, to crack a 3gen in under 3 minutes. Boring? Perhaps, but if the other survivors are doing other gens then the match should be over relatively quickly.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

Anyone seen Prey? Thinks the SM is like 80% that film lol.