The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Matchmaking is bit broke

So as title says matchmaking is broke an am not on about the waiting times this time, me an a friend played most of the night last night he is rank 2 an am a rank 4 for 95% of matches we came up against killer between rank 20-17, the 2 randoms were always around rank 5-3 so yeah needless to say how these matches went I did of corse let a few kill me after not even hooking someone but still that's not point.

Surely the new matchmaking system that they are busy implementing into the game atm isn't that much broke it can't tell the difference between ranks an I know for fine fact their will be survivors around rank 18 to play killers of there own rank as even when I played killer (rank 10) I was getting rank 19 survivors... Am happy the waiting times have shortend but it can't be good experience for those who are learning the game or just not that good as killer or survivor... 

Sorry rant over haha

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    Yeah, don’t worry, you’re not the only one going through this. I’m sure the devs will either fix this or say it’s part of a new and improved ‘matchmaking system’ that totally isn’t a bug and just wants to have new Killers see what they’re signing up for in Dead By Daylight.
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I had a match this morning where I went against a rank 20 billy

ranks were like

5, 6, 8, 9 and the 20 killer

No joke. Couldn't believe it. He killed 1 of us.

• Maelstrom1313
    Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 230
    Yeah can't help but feel bad against new players or ones trying to get better
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    It happens to me a lot too lately, some of the survivors in my lobby are 15 or below. Not sure when they're SWF though.

However. Devs. Please, please just don't let matchmaking algorithm put people together who are almost literally at the opposite ends of this planet. I'm from Eastern Europe, and I regularly get survivors from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, one time even Australia.

I assume a decent algorithm is not easy to make, but this part? Not letting people join a lobby with a ping of 3-400, sometimes more... that should be easy.
  • LilBit
    LilBit Member Posts: 60
    Broken to the max! Only been on this game a month. Usually play survivor, decided to play killer awhile. Loved it while playing people my own rank 15 to 14. Suddenly I have rank 2 and 4s in my matches...yep, rage quit and shut off my ps4. 
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

I keep getting rank 2-4 survivors :angry:

• Maelstrom1313
    Kira if your on ps4 am sorry if you get my an my team... What rank are you
  • KiraElijah

@Maelstrom1313 said:
    Kira if your on ps4 am sorry if you get my an my team... What rank are you

10, never find green survivors

• Maelstrom1313
    Ah oki, only advice I can give you is just keep on pushing through an trying your best, you may derank a little but after a short time depending how long it takes to fix it you'll be able to learn how high ranks play to point you can kick their ass
  • LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@Dwight_Confusion said:

ranks were like

How did he kill 1 of you?

• KiraElijah

@Maelstrom1313 said:
    Ah oki, only advice I can give you is just keep on pushing through an trying your best, you may derank a little but after a short time depending how long it takes to fix it you'll be able to learn how high ranks play to point you can kick their ass

Idk if poor Susie is cut out for it

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Yeah, don’t worry, you’re not the only one going through this. I’m sure the devs will either fix this or say it’s part of a new and improved ‘matchmaking system’ that totally isn’t a bug and just wants to have new Killers see what they’re signing up for in Dead By Daylight.

I CALLED IT! 
  • Maelstrom1313
    Ooo a susie main? Yey I don't care what people say susie is awesome haha if needs be try a killer your more comfortable with or if your trying to keep her as a main try KYF against some high ranks so then you'll be ready for next matchmaking fu*k up
  • KiraElijah

@Maelstrom1313 said:
    Ooo a susie main? Yey I don't care what people say susie is awesome haha if needs be try a killer your more comfortable with or if your trying to keep her as a main try KYF against some high ranks so then you'll be ready for next matchmaking fu*k up

It’s a difficult transition from Wraith to Susie, but yea. KYF makes it too easy

• Maelstrom1313
    Yeah that's bit of a difference but the more you push through high ranks the more you'll be able to learn about her abilities so then you'll be to predict what she can an can't do an what the survivors at that rank with do so you can mind game them
  • KiraElijah

@Maelstrom1313 said:
    Yeah that's bit of a difference but the more you push through high ranks the more you'll be able to learn about her abilities so then you'll be to predict what she can an can't do an what the survivors at that rank with do so you can mind game them

Alright. Bring your team and we can play KYF sometime.

• Maelstrom1313
    Yeah I'll give em a msg an see if they would be up for it
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

Its hilarious how bad the matchmaking is lately. I am rank 1 survivor and have gotten killers in the 15-20 rank range over the last few days. I feel so bad for them.

• luizzhe
    luizzhe Member Posts: 5

Twice this week

• KiraElijah

@Maelstrom1313 said:
    Yeah I'll give em a msg an see if they would be up for it

Alright, my name on ps4 is KiraElijah

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@Chaotic_Riddle said:

Apparently they are collecting data. You can see it at the top of the general discussions page in bright ass green.

• Chaotic_Riddle

@Chaotic_Riddle said:

Apparently they are collecting data. You can see it at the top of the general discussions page in bright ass green.

Yeah, I know, I stated above that I called it, lol
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

@LCGaster said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

ranks were like

He soft camped 1 of them. Was going back and forth. I was solo. I don't know if they were SWF or not.

He got a chainsaw down pretty early and camped a bit at the beginning, which is fine. Once we unhooked, he tunnelled, got that person again and hard camped the 2nd time, once they died the game was about over.

I was surprised 1 died as well. I hadn't faced a rank 20 killer in like 2 years man.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@LCGaster said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

ranks were like

He soft camped 1 of them. Was going back and forth. I was solo. I don't know if they were SWF or not.

He got a chainsaw down pretty early and camped a bit at the beginning, which is fine. Once we unhooked, he tunnelled, got that person again and hard camped the 2nd time, once they died the game was about over.

I was surprised 1 died as well. I hadn't faced a rank 20 killer in like 2 years man.

I'm so happy I can't get to rank 20 again, it was painful as hell.
    Rank 15 is painful as well actually O_O (I don't play a lot of survivor)