The tunneling and camping is out of control. Please do something about it

Mar3384
Mar3384 Member Posts: 30
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

I'm probably going to get a lot of ######### for this post but I really don't care. Dead By Daylight is one of my favorite games and I love it a lot however the constant tunneling and camping is getting frustrating. I realize it's a killers job to win the match by getting the kills but this tunneling and camping BS that all killers doing lately is making it unfair to the survivor because in all honesty it makes it most cases so that they don't pip causing them to lose their rank. It is near impossible for a Surivor to go up in Rank (Get it to #1) when killers do this. I've noticed lately when playing with friends or even by myself that Survivors are Disconnecting more and more. It's getting really frustrating.

Comments

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    It's easy to get to rank 1. You can't win all the games but you can pip most of them.
  • ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    In all seriousness, work to improve your ability to loop the killer and make it hard to get caught in the first place. 
  • Mar3384

Its hard to work on a gen when you are being ######### chased (tunneled) by the Killer that's why I say its makes it harder to get your rank. I should have worded that better,

• Mar3384

@ClogWench said:
    In all seriousness, work to improve your ability to loop the killer and make it hard to get caught in the first place. 

I'm fairly new to the game have only been playing since about August of last year so I do try!

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

While tunneling/camping is not a problem in high ranks it needs fixing for the game's health in general. Thing is killers don't need nerfs but incentives to go after other survivors, taking one out currently is just far too strong over having to hook each survivor twice. Esp legion excels at tunneling because you have no reason to go for the unhooker unless you are able to down him before he unhooks, most people won't even heal up against him and even if you get a healthy unhooker you can frenzy him and go for the hooked guy

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Mar3384 said:

@ClogWench said:

I'm fairly new to the game have only been playing since about August of last year so I do try!

It can take a while to improve but once you do you'll find tunneling and camping happen less often. And if you DO get camped and tunneled still, you'll likely find yourself pipping more often regardless.

Alternatively look at stealth. Try running perks to help you avoid being found in the first place. I know it sounds like an "oh just don't get caught" response but it really is a solid way to pip and survive longer.

Running bond to draw the killer to teammates who can take the heat can help too. Doesn't always work but bond is a super powerful perk anyway so it'll never hurt to have.
  • Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited February 2019
    If they unhook before you even turn around, everything goes unless it's an obvious hook farmer. If it's swf everyone dies. ^,..,^
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873
    edited February 2019

This is one of those things that isn't likely to change. It isn't against the rules to camp or tunnel. The devs have made it very clear that they don't intend to ever make it against the rules. There are ways the game could be modified to fix the problem, but that would require a pretty drastic change and many players are against such things.

So that really only leaves you with 2 options. Option one is to play as the killer. If you are the killer then you decide how to play. Option two is to accept the game for what it is. It can be very frustrating at times. I doubt there is a single player who has played this game for any length of time that would disagree with that. But bottom line is that camping and tunneling aren't going away any time soon.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Hate to say it but the new DS may help a bit.

Really though you've just got to focus on pips. People play better in red ranks, it's 9 and below that are awful.

Do a gen or two, get an unhook, survive about 10 mind and try to hold a decent chase. If the killer is camping take BT. Don't worry about making it out, just grind until you get to the fun ranks.

I was in the same boat as you. It sucks that you need to grind your ass off to enjoy the game. The killers are just so bad at low ranks.
  • ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    Then do something about gens being done too fast. Ruin isn't enough
  • Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

What I do in a tunnel thing is to try to juke around killers (The chainsaw dudes are the easiest for me for some reason) and always watch for an opportunity to be unpredictable, like once, I was being chased by the spirit, and I fast vaulted a window, then as the spirit goes the other way, I go back quietly, and hide under the window until the heartbeat and her creepy voice is gone.

I also recommend looking at tutorials to avoid tunneling, take advantage of abilities like Dead Hard and Spirit Sprint Burst. Also, use pallets of course, but one thing I sometimes do when I am not panicking is to go to the pallet, see if the killer tries to break the pallet or not. If the killer goes the other way, wait until the killer is right behind you, not the moment when the killer is away from your sight to vault quickly or quietly through the pallet. If the killer breaks the pallet, I run to the killer's side, then run back in a circle to cause the killer to be confused on your direction. Locker dodging is a thing in buildings, but I suck at them, I always die getting grabbed when I forget to do a locker run. XD

Against campers, sadly, just work on generators, unless you get the other survivors to distract the killer to save the hooked survivor. Sabotaging hooks and flashlights does prevent camping too. XD

• The_Crusader
    That makes no sense.

Gens dont get done at low rank thats why camping works.

If gens took even longer than camping would be stringer than it is now.

As for tunneling, if you're tunneling one guy then yeah the gens are going to be powered up fast.
  • MhhBurgers

@The_Crusader said:
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG said:

That makes no sense.

As for tunneling, if you're tunneling one guy then yeah the gens are going to be powered up fast.

Tunneling is the most effective strategy a killer can go for if he manages to injure/down the unhooker it's the best thing to go for the survivor who will be stage2/dead as long as he still has the chance to find him.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    That makes no sense.

If you waste time not tunneling then gens will be done before you know it. You need at least 1 kill before 3 gens get done or your gonna struggle
  • Ember_Hunter

@ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG said:
    The_Crusader said:

ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG said:

That makes no sense.

If you waste time not tunneling then gens will be done before you know it. You need at least 1 kill before 3 gens get done or your gonna struggle

Agreed. Tunneling, just be a good dodger and runner (I do this so much with Meg and Nea sadly XD)
    Out of the 4 categories, Evader is always second to me before Altruism. Generators are always one of the last or survival points because I get downed easily and not being able to do too many gens, but hey, other three teammates can work on generators on the other side of the map. :D Worth it.

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    Mar3384 said:

I'm probably going to get a lot of ######### for this post but I really don't care. Dead By Daylight is one of my favorite games and I love it a lot however the constant tunneling and camping is getting frustrating. I realize it's a killers job to win the match by getting the kills but this tunneling and camping BS that all killers doing lately is making it unfair to the survivor because in all honesty it makes it most cases so that they don't pip causing them to lose their rank. It is near impossible for a Surivor to go up in Rank (Get it to #1) when killers do this. I've noticed lately when playing with friends or even by myself that Survivors are Disconnecting more and more. It's getting really frustrating.

I’ve been playing since early February. I’m rank 7 and climbing as a survivor and rank 8 and climbing as a killer.

So, as a NEWER player I feel very safe in giving this sage advice:

GIT GUD
  • IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

I have been getting camped and tunneled almost every game. It can get annoying, but nothing we can do about it.

• IronKnight55

@Tarvesh said:
    Mar3384 said:

I’ve been playing since early February. I’m rank 7 and climbing as a survivor and rank 8 and climbing as a killer.

So, as a NEWER player I feel very safe in giving this sage advice:

GIT GUD

There isn't much you can do if the killer decides to tunnel or camp you all game. I am rank 1 killer and rank 1 survivor.

• Tarvesh
    IronKnight55 said
    There isn't much you can do if the killer decides to tunnel or camp you all game. I am rank 1 killer and rank 1 survivor.
    I disagree. Becoming too annoying of a target by dodging, juking, or otherwise making life hell for the killer makes them lose interest.

Unless I’m the obsession and dude is using Dying Light or Remember Me, I have no problems getting the killer to find interest in someone else.
  • IronKnight55

@Tarvesh said:
    IronKnight55 said

I disagree. Becoming too annoying of a target by dodging, juking, or otherwise making life hell for the killer makes them lose interest.

Unless I’m the obsession and dude is using Dying Light or Remember Me, I have no problems getting the killer to find interest in someone else.

They don't always lose interest. I have had some killers that chased me the whole game while the others were doing gens. I eventually got caught and camped. wasn't much I could do.

• Tarvesh

@Tarvesh said:
    IronKnight55 said

They don't always lose interest. I have had some killers that chased me the whole game while the others were doing gens. I eventually got caught and camped. wasn't much I could do.

They don’t always lose interest. But the ones who don’t are either really dumb, or have decided that you have irritated them so much that they HAVE to kill you.

For the former, you can’t fix stupid.

For the ladder, you should congratulate yourself.
  • Ember_Hunter

@IronKnight55 said:

@Tarvesh said:
    IronKnight55 said

Been there, done that, have played many games where only I died, because it was too late to save me XD

• Tarvesh

Been there, done that, have played many games where only I died, because it was too late to save me XD

If I’m in that situation, I’ll die happily knowing that the killer waste so much time trying to get me that my team got 3-4 gens done in the meantime.
  • Ember_Hunter

@Tarvesh said:
    Ember_Hunter said:

If I’m in that situation, I’ll die happily knowing that the killer waste so much time trying to get me that my team got 3-4 gens done in the meantime.

@Tarvesh said:
    Ember_Hunter said:

That should be a new thing, Sacrifice for the greater good/others for points in Altruism. :D

• Tarvesh

@Tarvesh said:
    Ember_Hunter said:

@Tarvesh said:
    Ember_Hunter said:

That should be a new thing, Sacrifice for the greater good/others for points in Altruism. :D

Additional points for every generator completed while you’re being chased, maybe?
  • SiftHeadsDude
    SiftHeadsDude Member Posts: 34
    (To you and your teammates). Use borrowed time and the new decisive strike. Don’t be overly altruistic or go for unsafe saves. If the killer camps form a plan to get the unhook or rush through gens. And if the hooked survivor is toxic, or the game is at a late stage, you can expect camping and tunneling to happen. Camping and tunneling can be easily dealt with by using your head and adapting. 
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited February 2019

@Raptorrotas said:
    Dont get caught in the first place and you magically avoid both your "problems", unbelieveable, right? 

Camping works because survivors want zhe bait. Enjoy the view of your fellow survivors' auras in your direct proximity just futily waiting for the camper to go away.

Tunneling? Let me ask a simple question, do you switch generators after 10-20% of progress and only return to work on it after its regression to 0%? 
    If your immediate answer is "No" or "what a dick/killer main" , then you know why "tunneling" exists . Yet you're expecting/demanding the killer to play that stupid.

You did not have to lay it on them so concisely. You should be ashamed. Do you understand how many heads are pulsating close to an explosion?

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@Mar3384 said:

Tunneling has an impossible to fix, sometimes you as killer want someone dead, and he/she is very good at looping so no other way to keep tunneling....

For facecamping you can for instance if the entity detects it and pushes the killer away

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Playing smart is not a problem, and camping has counters. Use the counters that camping has and stop demanding that killers play like idiots.

• The_Crusader

@The_Crusader said:
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG said:

That makes no sense.

Tunneling is the most effective strategy a killer can go for if he manages to injure/down the unhooker it's the best thing to go for the survivor who will be stage2/dead as long as he still has the chance to find him.

Not if he's waiting around the hook area while the others do gens it isn't. Which is what happens at low rank, it's just that gens go so slowly the killer can get away with it.

With good survivors you need hooks constantly, hence why tunneling goes down because people don't have time to wait around for one survivor to be unhooked.
  • MhhBurgers

@The_Crusader said:
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG said:

That makes no sense.

Not if he's waiting around the hook area while the others do gens it isn't. Which is what happens at low rank, it's just that gens go so slowly the killer can get away with it.

With good survivors you need hooks constantly, hence why tunneling goes down because people don't have time to wait around for one survivor to be unhooked.
    That's camping+tunnelling tho
  • Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited February 2019

If killer fails tunneling he s going to lose against competent survivors most of the times get it.
    As for camping - just save survivors when killer leaves the hook for the first time if you wait to save survivor at the last moment( getting more time to do gens) he may get camped .

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    I am sorry I use devour hope on a few of my killers which gives me an incentive to not camp. But when it gets removed in the first 5 minutes then I am going to camp. Also when I hook a survivor I don't usually camp but when I hook a survivor I don't expect to see someone dive bombing the hook straight away. 
  • douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Also why do you survivors say I am camping when it's clear I am chasing another survivor around you on the hook.
  • FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@Eveline said:
    It's easy to get to rank 1. You can't win all the games but you can pip most of them.

Ranks and or pipping in-general means nothing...

• Samwise
    Samwise Member Posts: 36

@Mar3384 said:

if it's so hard then how do I take my survivor to rank one every single month? how do other take survivor to rank one every single month?

• pungent_stench
    pungent_stench Member Posts: 131
    edited February 2019
    i am sure there are many comments that are...lacking.  so, i only read the first post.  i have been to rank 1 before and rank 6 last season.  this is without camp/tunnel desperation manifestation.  it is possible to not choose the easiest path and be toxic.  besides, who cares about rank and better yet, why?  i play for entertainment, not social status.

as survivor, i suicide on the hook if i think i am going to be tunneled.  i also don't rescue if i think the survivor will be tunneled.  why feed such behavior?  they wanna be boring?  let me be boring too.

i compare this behavior to those people in call of duty who memorize spawn points and then shoot through the walls to kill people as soon aa they spawn and not give them a chance.  it's the exact same thing

people with mics?  i am only too happy to furnish camp/tunnel.  otherwise...not needed.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

DS is the new anti tunnel perk.. The devs listened to your prayers and answered them.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited February 2019

@TheBean said:
    DS is the new anti tunnel perk.. The devs listened to your prayers and answered them.

You can still tunnel them it just got slightly nerfed its not borrowed time or something they are not immune to hits . With new DS changes you can hook survivors whereever you want in exchange which is huge buff for killers its not braindead "just hook to the closest hook " anymore

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Slayer said:

@TheBean said:

You can still tunnel them it just got slightly nerfed its not borrowed time or something they are not immune to hits . With new DS changes you can hook survivors whereever you want in exchange which is huge buff for killers its not braindead "just hook to the closest hook " anymore

Slightly is good enough. If they can't run away they can crawl away.

• MhhBurgers

Meanwhile most killer perks do almost nothing and are situational at best and ppl wonder why one side is stronger than the other.

• The_Crusader
    i am sure there are many comments that are...lacking.  so, i only read the first post.  i have been to rank 1 before and rank 6 last season.  this is without camp/tunnel desperation manifestation.  it is possible to not choose the easiest path and be toxic.  besides, who cares about rank and better yet, why?  i play for entertainment, not social status.

as survivor, i suicide on the hook if i think i am going to be tunneled.  i also don't rescue if i think the survivor will be tunneled.  why feed such behavior?  they wanna be boring?  let me be boring too.

i compare this behavior to those people in call of duty who memorize spawn points and then shoot through the walls to kill people as soon aa they spawn and not give them a chance.  it's the exact same thing

people with mics?  i am only too happy to furnish camp/tunnel.  otherwise...not needed.
    I get why you would suicide on hook but at the same time the probpem there is it makes it harder for the others to pip since one of them will be tunneled next and it rewards crappy killers.
  • MhhBurgers

@The_Crusader said:
    pungent_stench said:

I get why you would suicide on hook but at the same time the probpem there is it makes it harder for the others to pip since one of them will be tunneled next and it rewards crappy killers.

Pipping is not a reward. If all 4 just kill themselves on hook they robbed the killer of his time too.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    I remember when I first started playing dbd I would constantly DC when the killer tunneled or camp me. I thought they wasn’t suppose to do that, until I realize there is no rules of playing the game.

• The_Crusader

@The_Crusader said:
    pungent_stench said:

Pipping is not a reward. If all 4 just kill themselves on hook they robbed the killer of his time too.

Pretty crappy game then though.
  • pungent_stench

killers receive minimal points for one hook.  they are counting on rehooks.
  • pungent_stench

@The_Crusader said:
    pungent_stench said:

Pretty crappy game then though.

it is.  as dictated by the killer.  the alternative is allowing the killer rehooks and rewarding the behavior.