The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nerf Leatherface (Not a bad nerf)

Just make his chainsaw more sensitive to walls and objects, Many times he swings through an object and should get stunned.

Comments

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Nerf, but not a bad nerf? Nerf means to make things not so good. Also peer to peer connection, sometimes it seems to a player the obstruction was in the aoe but to the killer it wasn't. 
  • JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173

nerf
    To weaken or make less dangerous. Taken from the "Nerf" brand name, which makes sports equipment toys out of a soft foam (e.g., the Nerf football is soft foam rather than the hard leather of a real football). Used frequently in the context of computer game balance changes.

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

@Doom_Punk said:
    Nerf one of the most useless Killers in the game?

No.

Useless? what version of DBD are you playing?

• GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
    edited July 2018

I don't think he needs a nerf! There were so many ways to counter Leatherface btw. His ability doesn't even help him during the chase, and he gets looped easily. This is why he's not a top tier killer. But his Perks were so damn good tbh.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

@BLUE_APE said:

@Doom_Punk said:
    Nerf one of the most useless Killers in the game?

No.

Useless? what version of DBD are you playing?

I'm playing Dead by Daylight version 2.0.0.

He's still useless and one of the worst Killers in the game.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697

@JusticeZERO said:
    nerf
    To weaken or make less dangerous. Taken from the "Nerf" brand name, which makes sports equipment toys out of a soft foam (e.g., the Nerf football is soft foam rather than the hard leather of a real football). Used frequently in the context of computer game balance changes.

where did buff come from as well please?

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    edited July 2018

@pauloandrade22 said:

@JusticeZERO said:
    nerf

where did buff come from as well please?

buff
    When someone is looking fine u say they are buff (London ting)
    Manz was buff

Both definitions were taken from Urban Dictionary. :)

Turns out there's more definitions.

Buff
    (In MMORPGs) To improve the stats of another player by casting spells, as is typical of Acolyte and Cleric classes.
    Gimme buffs, #########!

The others aren't that relevant. :)

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    Leatherface does not need a nerf. I don’t believe he is a useless killer like some people say but he isn’t top tier in the slightest. The only thing that bugs me about LF is that he is the best camper in the game. Just rev up the chainsaw in the survivors face, goodbye hooked Claudette. Not THAT huge of an issue though as that has only happened to me like twice.
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Nerf Leatherface, of all people? He sucks...

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Awww, did Leatherface hurt your feelings at his basement get-together?
  • Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

I have only played Leatherface about 10 or so times but without add-ons I find I hit almost any nearby obstacle without good precision with my movements.

• SeaOfDepression
    SeaOfDepression Member Posts: 4

I was just making a suggestion, many toxic people on the forums. Thanks for the feedback, I just personally have a hatred for him... I don't really suck at juking or anything (I was rank 2 before reset). I guess I'll just have to practice juking that certain killer. Thank you everyone for replying and showing me some attention on my post.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I was just making a suggestion, many toxic people on the forums. Thanks for the feedback, I just personally have a hatred for him... I don't really suck at juking or anything (I was rank 2 before reset). I guess I'll just have to practice juking that certain killer. Thank you everyone for replying and showing me some attention on my post.

For sure...I’ve had bad run-ins with Leatherface and at times he may seem OP but it is the person behind the screen that is doing everything. Leatherface is not a top tier killer
  • Bhazgrim
    Bhazgrim Member Posts: 40

We need strong/scary killers to play/go up against. Nerfing him is just counter productive, especially when he's a "meh" killer.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Nerf one of the weakest killers?
    Damn you guys really want to stick to the nurse Billy meta
  • JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173

@Doom_Punk said:

Buff
    (In MMORPGs) To improve the stats of another player by casting spells, as is typical of Acolyte and Cleric classes.
    Gimme buffs, #########!

The others aren't that relevant. :)

Yeah that's pretty much where that one started, I remember back in Everquest when it was like, "Okay gang let's get buffs on and start the fight"

• CottenBalls
    CottenBalls Member Posts: 3
    One of the weakest?  What crack are you smoking?  He is not weak.  Having an instadown and superior camping kinda nullifies that argument.
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018

He's weak dude, sounds like you're a low rank player or troll, you are Rank 2 before Reset? How often do you see Leatherface on Rank 1 tell me

All his add-ons besides charge time is garbage and proven in-effective
    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/7urzsq/i_compared_leatherface_chainsaw_speed_withwithout/

His chainsaw is easy to hit but he has no map control, Billy is miles better than LF, he's probably the best killer for camping especially in basement

Get looped for days

• P3Myers
    P3Myers Member Posts: 58

@Someissues said:
    He's weak dude, sounds like you're a low rank player or troll, you are Rank 2 before Reset? How often do you see Leatherface on Rank 1 tell me

All his add-ons besides charge time is garbage and proven in-effective
    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/7urzsq/i_compared_leatherface_chainsaw_speed_withwithout/

His chainsaw is easy to hit but he has no map control, Billy is miles better than LF, he's probably the best killer for camping especially in basement

Get looped for days

that ######### is outdated. his addons do work.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018

@P3Myers said:
    that ######### is outdated. his addons do work.

Tested in game, still trash, charge-time addons are still better

Try to use Award-winning Chill and see for yourself

• vux_intruder
    vux_intruder Member Posts: 175
    Y’all have got to be kidding me right?! One of the weakest killers in the game? He can camp like no other and if he happens to catch you away from loops or pallets then you’re screwed, it’s ridiculous. Either way devs already announced that they are nerfing him.
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

So he has a insta down and can camp? Ok don’t save and gen rush? He has noed oh well he is camping so we can just open the gate and leave and then we move on and play another match.

• GrootDude

Btw he isn’t useless use charge speed add one and chainsaw speed and you’re good. (At least if you’re out in the open.)

• GrootDude

@vux_intruder said:
    Y’all have got to be kidding me right?! One of the weakest killers in the game? He can camp like no other and if he happens to catch you away from loops or pallets then you’re screwed, it’s ridiculous. Either way devs already announced that they are nerfing him.

They never announced a nerf on him.

• vux_intruder
    edited February 2019
    They have...
  • GrootDude

@vux_intruder said:
    They have...

Show me your source

• vux_intruder
    edited February 2019
    TreemanXD said:

@vux_intruder said:
    They have...

Show me your source

Can’t remember which video, but it was either TydeTime or The King who mentioned it in one of their videos, maybe not a nerf, but they are looking into reworking him or seeing what they can do with him. I’m trying to find the vid.
  • GrootDude

@vux_intruder I wouldn’t trust Tyde for info and I haven’t watched King ever.

• RazDragon24
    RazDragon24 Member Posts: 27

I would agree at my level (currently 8 but have been as low as 4) it seems that leather face can hit trees and walls without issue. I always sigh when I realize hes the killer. I mean it always depends on the players comfort with him but I still generally get down by the chainsaw at least once no matter what.

• vux_intruder
    TreemanXD said:

@vux_intruder I wouldn’t trust Tyde for info and I haven’t watched King ever.

Here it was actually Ardetha the 5:15 mark. https://youtu.be/ug0ukux67N8
  • vux_intruder

I would agree at my level (currently 8 but have been as low as 4) it seems that leather face can hit trees and walls without issue. I always sigh when I realize hes the killer. I mean it always depends on the players comfort with him but I still generally get down by the chainsaw at least once no matter what.

Yeah, exactly! Something needs to be done with him, in the case he catches you in a field away from walls or pallets etc. you’re pretty much going down no matter what. At least with Billy you have more chance to avoid him, and if Learherface camps well that’s a RIP
  • GrootDude

@vux_intruder said:

Here it was actually Ardetha the 5:15 mark. https://youtu.be/ug0ukux67N8

This is for the Legion change.

• vux_intruder
    TreemanXD said:

@vux_intruder said:

Here it was actually Ardetha the 5:15 mark. image

This is for the Legion change.

5:15 mark!!!!
  • GrootDude

@vux_intruder I went to 5:15 he was talking about Legion

• vux_intruder
    TreemanXD said:

Omg... keep watching lol 
  • vux_intruder
    TreemanXD said:

Right after he mentions how Freddy and Leatherface are on the list to be changed 
  • Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Nerf one of the worst killers in the game.

Good suggestion.
  • GrootDude

@vux_intruder I watched it and he says Legion never even mentioned leatherface

• vux_intruder
    edited February 2019
    Eveline said:
    Nerf one of the worst killers in the game.

Good suggestion.
    Imo you must not be playing him right, whenever I play a game as Leatherface I get kills very easily, they need to slow his movement speed or do something with the chainsaw.
  • vux_intruder
    edited February 2019
    TreemanXD said:

@vux_intruder I watched it and he says Legion never even mentioned leatherface

Freddy and Leatherface are mentioned right after at exactly 5:24, I said 5:15 so you wouldn’t miss it but somehow you did still? Lol ???
  • Eveline
    edited February 2019
    Really. Tell me what rank you are?
    Movement speed? Do you realise how slow is LF while walking?
  • GrootDude

@vux_intruder you are either trolling or YOU need to rewatch it.

• vux_intruder
    Eveline said:
    Really. Tell me what rank you are?
    Movement speed? Do you realise how slow is LF while walking?
    10 - 1 always on survivor and killer 
  • GrootDude

@vux_intruder nvm, but why would they change him?

• GrootDude

And I’ve never heard any **official ** word on this so I’ll just assume it isn’t true for now.

• vux_intruder
    TreemanXD said:

@vux_intruder you are either trolling or YOU need to rewatch it.

I don’t know what else to tell you mate, I guess your ears don’t work, I can’t hold your hand through a six or so minute video. Literally just watch ad listen and pay attention lol...
  • Eveline
    edited February 2019
    You must be the best player ever then since not even Tru3 gets kills easily with him and claims he is poor man's Billy.
  • GrootDude

@vux_intruder I already said I was wrong....

• vux_intruder
    The negativity from the people in the DBD community is appalling, this is hilarious how negative you all are replying. Why are you guys upset? (x it’s pretty weird