Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Anyone else feel like We'll Make It is about to become meta?

With the new healing changes, nerf to CoH and Med-Kits, as well as the added condition of a safe unhook to activate dead hard, I feel like We'll Make It is about to skyrocket in popularity. As it is right now, it's already a pretty good survivor perk and I see it somewhat frequently in my matches, but with the proposed changes coming this PTB it seems like the perfect perk to speed things up. Don't want to spend forever healing? Hears 100% extra healing speed every unhook. You want to activate dead hard while also getting value in altruistic healing for 90 seconds? Here it is served up on a silver platter!

Honestly, I am really excited for these upcoming changes. Some of them are definitely... controversial, to say the least (nerf Billy is really becoming the new nerf pig), but overall this update actually feels like a meta shakeup compared to the last major PTB for balance changes.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,582

I'll look forward to people running anything different than what we have now. We'll Make It is a fine perk, go ahead and have at it.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

If these changes go through as is, WMI absolutely will be meta.

• JimboSanders
    JimboSanders Member Posts: 40

Exactly! I'm just excited about the variety we're (hopefully) going to start seeing in loadouts!

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I’m expecting to see it a lot.

• Hubriq
    Hubriq Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6

I don't think so. Unless killers have a change of heart and decide to collectively stop tunneling/hook proxying, you won't have the time to heal any survivor after unhooking. Plus it has also been nerfed by the changes made to the healing system, you know? If no one uses it now why would they use it after it gets weaker...

Aside from Off the Records, I'm expecting to see a lot of aura perks (windows of opportunity, kindred, bond, empathy), exhaustion perks (lithe, sprint burst, adrenaline), gen perks (prove thyself, wiretap, mine blast) and totem perks (small game, inner healing, overzealous, detective's hunch).

If people were to use a healing perk, I'm gessing it would be autodidact, resurgence or maybe(!) renewal.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited March 2023

It depends.

If survivors remain dedicated to using Dead Hard, then they will be desparately going for unhooks, which means you're less likely to get the unhook yourself and get any We'll Make it Value. You'll be less inclined to use it, meaning only those with Dead Hard will consider running it for synergy.

If survivors just drop Dead Hard for another exhaustion perk, then yes, We'll Make It will have room to shine.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Jolt, Deadlock, No Way Out, Corrupt. These all slow down the game.

The plus side is you don't have to actively manage or go out of your way to use any of these, except Jolt if you want to be smarter with your chases.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

I'm calling it now:

People are gonna run this perk which will cause more heals at hook, which will cause more killers to return to hook on noise notification, and we are gonna get a flood of posts and comments shaming killers for going back to the hook which will get labeled the new "scummy" behavior.

• Trollinmon
    Trollinmon Member Posts: 690

Camping and tunneling were nerfed this patch. Proxy camping was a no brainer because you could do a 3 gen or had a survivor hook near gens with progress and had a kick build. Since proxy camping is weaker then OTR was indirectly buffed since that as the counter to that perk along with DH not being the best perk which is another buff for otr.

Healing perks were buffed by the healing changes. Their value is actually higher now making them better than before since old we'll make it was 8 seconds off and now it is 12.

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531

It definitely will be. This perk will be the best way to keep people healthy without having to waste 10,00 years. I'm excited for the update too, but as I've said before, I'm worried that without our best perks, keeping up with gens is going to be much harder. Also, it's looking like our meta will be even less varied than the metas before 6.1 and after 6.1 which really sucks. Guarantee it'll literally just be Corrupt, Deadlock, No Way Out, Sloppy used mostly, with the occasional Gift of Pain, Pop, or Jolt. On the flip side, you'll probably just see DH replaced with SB, and CoH replaced by We'll Make It. I think medkits will still be carried around a lot, but if not, then definitely more toolboxes.

• Hubriq

I swear I'm not trying to sound conceited, but I've been playing this game for quite some time now...

Not too long ago survivors could heal and gen rush faster than they can right now and neither one of the killer perks whose nerfs were announced even existed and I assure you killers would still proxy camp and tunnel every match regardless.

You see, people used to run tinkerer/ruin/surv/undying and they would still not leave the hook to patrol gens. Plus every single killer still had a positive win rate regardless of the fact their playstyle didn't match the perks they were using.

Point being that going back to the hook is something killer will always do so long as they are not actively disincentivized to do (like they are with make your choice and devour hope, for example). Those nerfs will hardly change a thing about it

• Trollinmon
    Trollinmon Member Posts: 690

Damn I've been playing this game for a bit too. When you did you start playing? I personally started playing dbd back in patch 1.0.0

When was the gen rush? The only time where I felt there was a true gen rush issue was with the first nerf to ruin when toolboxes still had the old speed. Just because someone can proxy camp or tunnel doesn't mean it is the best play all the time.

Just because players can do something doesn't mean that those strats are always the best. Big difference in being able to camp or tunnel vs those strats winning killers game after game by always doing them.

Those killers should already be in chase because the survivor should be waiting to save and the killer is trying to get another injure because that seems to be what the killer should be focusing on next patch; injuring survivors to slow the game down.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

Inner Strength, Autodidact, Bite the Bullet, Botany Knowledge, Renewal, and We'll Make It will all have increased value/usage after the next patch. I also have a sneaking suspicion that smart survivors will start running more perks and attempt to play sneaky gameplay to avoid getting hit in the first place. So stuff like spine chill will increase. Alternatively, I could see players just adapting to always being injured and never bothering with healing.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

Builds will probably change to corrupt, deadlock, NWO. Maybe jolt on the M1's.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,828

Autodidact time!

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,582

Longer healing times means more chances for skillchecks. More chances for skillchecks means more tokens for Autodidact. I think I'll start running it, see what happens when I can pull 50% of a heal like a rabbit out of a hat.

Hell, people might start running No One Left Behind as a part of endgame builds now.

• Hubriq
    edited March 2023

Kinda funny how I even said I was not trying to sound conceited, but you still visibly got butthurt lol

If you're asking me when I think there was a gen rush meta, then the answer would be... never. However, if you're asking me when killer players thought there was a gen rush meta, then the answer would be ever since I started playing DBD, back at 2018.

Honestly? killer mains have always been pretty verbal about the matter on Twitter, Reddit, Twitch, etc., so it's crazy to me that you've never heard of it. Hex: Ruin + Undying, POP+Surge (now Jolt), Eruption and even Oppression were deemed clutch perks at some point and considered mandatory, just like CoB and the likes are deemed mandatory now-a-days.

If you're saying that was never the case, I agree with you. Still, that does not change the fact that's how most people felt about it and satisfaction is also an important aspect of game design.

Back then, when the first Resident Evil chapter was released, they even tried to nerf generator repair speed, which was a change they made based on feedback from the community. Anyway...

What I meant by gen rushing being stronger back then was because Corrupt Intervation was not always a popular perk and people used to be able to rush a gen in 20 seconds with Prove Thyself + Shroud of Biding. Later on there was like two different efficency penalty patches that essentially gutted that strategy, though.

Now...

"Just because players can do something doesn't mean that those strats are always the best."

True, but if literally every killer is 3-4k 59% of their matches regardless of how well they are being able to assess the situation and adapt their gameplay, then it's either more rewarding to camp than to get some value out of your perks OR they are so overly strong that they can get away with doing whatever they want.