The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is this mid-chapter just the beginning of bigger & brighter things??

Is this just a temporary meta shakeup with the gen regression & healing nerf, (with some shadow buffs to some killers) and in 6 months or next year it will be something else.

or …

do you think BHVR has long term plans and this mid-chapter update is just the beginning of something hopefully bigger and better?

Are we headed in a new and fun direction? Or not really..

Or am I trying to read to much into things..

Anyone else kinda curious about this?

Comments

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,660

We're not even sure if the meta shakeup is allowed to happen. Survivors are demanding for some of the healing nerfs to be reverted, and if that happens, then the meta shakeup falls apart. Killers won't be encouraged to chase survivors, and instead they'll be encouraged to stay in one place to defend an area, even if it's boring for everyone in the game.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Maybe bigger, definitely not brighter.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,135
    edited March 2023

Long-term plans? No. Hopes? Sure.

BHVR has proven time and again they can't reliably predict what their players will do. They've designed and released a lot of perks that the playerbase correctly predicted were mistakes, and we're always baffled how the developers didn't see it before it got past the idea stage.

I'm not sure what you mean by "temporary" meta shakeup. It's a meta shakeup, that's definite, and after the changes a new meta will arise and if a number of perks show themselves as the obvious choices to run because they're the strongest then those will get altered in the next meta shakeup. BHVR plans to keep doing meta shakeups regularly ("regularly" for them doesn't mean often, more like every nine months to a year, BHVR is not fast) as far as I know.

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145

There's an excluded middle there. Hacking down healing times by 50% on top of everything else feels excessive. Start with 25%, adjust again if needed, while also reevaluating Mangled.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,660

Hacking down all the good gen kicking regression perks, and hacking down pain res, feels excessive too. And since Eruption was already nerfed, that means an entire genre of game slowdown is going into the trash.

We should start with the full healing speed nerfs for a while, let the meta settle, then figure out if any adjustments need to be made. Going extreme on the killer side nerfs, but being nice and only going halfway on the survivor nerfs, isn't cool.

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145
    edited March 2023

Thing is, the actual biggest and most frustrating problem that killers face right now (non-interactive gen rushing) has not been addressed in the slightest-I'd much rather have seen a moderate nerf to both. I don't see Stakeout or BNP's on that list. Can't heal? Higher level SWF's will send their infinilooper to occupy the killer, blitz gens and not waste any time on healing, while solos (where the game is already heavily biased towards killer) will just die a whole lot for trying to do something that the game told them was a valid tactic, and then uninstall.

It'd be nice to get an indication that extreme heal slowdown stacking (Coulrophobia, Mangled, Pentimento, Thanataphobia) has been addressed, at least.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

We got 6.1 almost a year ago. We've gotten some adjustments in previous midchapters. Now we're seeing more significant core gameplay changes in 6.7.

At the very least, the devs are showing they are starting to focus on making gameplay changes whereas the previous few years were lacking.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,999

hopefully behavior destroy camping and gen rushing next. I'm liking the direction

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,581
    edited March 2023

If BHVR backs down on the nerfs, then it will prove this game is hopeless. They have to be willing to take risks and make unpopular decisions for the sake of the game's long-term health.