The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I’m starting to think BHVR announces ridiculously overkill changes as a tactic

2»

Comments

• Cryptikk
    Cryptikk Member Posts: 418

I hear ya man, but I have to agree that this is overkill. Nerfing healing that much is not bold, it is extreme. Things like nerfing Billy too... I respect you guys and your work, and love this game, but I and many others really think these decisions are a really big mistake.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Mad respect honestly. In the past it was small changes but nowadays its massive changes, even if some of them are way overboard at least the team isn't scared to make them.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,660

There are many games that are 100% altruistic healing, because that is the default method of healing. Altruistic healing speeds need a heavy nerf, or we'll have a whole bunch of games where injuries won't feel like they matter.

Nerfing every form of healing is helping injuries feel like they matter. Do people want killers to be encouraged to chase after survivors, or is everyone cool with the current environment where killers are encouraged to defend an area and just watch survivors run away over and over? We need strong impactful healing nerfs, so that chases and injuries can be more valuable, to the point where it's a better idea for killers to chase survivors than trying to hold down a 3 gen for long periods of time.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772
    edited March 2023

It takes no skill to run towards a pallet and press E right before the pallet where the killer is forced to swing and bam you escape the chase and save a pallet. This has always been the problem with dead hard its 100%uncounterable at pallets unless the survivor is bad and times it wrong. You either hit the survivors dead hard or take a pallet smash to the face when it should have actually been a down. Complete bullsh1t game design. Negates the skill of the killer for outplaying the survivor in chase. If a survivor dead hards out in the open successfully more power to them, thats a skilled play. The pallet dead hards however are nonsense.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

While many of us would absolutely love to see Dead Hard eternally banished to the Shadow Realm, I think the point is that BHVR seems utterly incapable (or unwilling) to practice discretion when nerfing perks (except for DH for some reason). It's usually the ham-fisted, wrecking ball approach, and then maybe a tiny fractional walkback that is akin to putting a dot band-aid on a giant sucking chest wound.

Now on the other hand, when you're trying to remake the meta, you kind of have to do that. If you lightly nerf things and people just keep on using them, you haven't really accomplished what you set out to do. If you want to push people away from their security items, you have make them unusable. It's really the only way.

My issue with this round of proposed changes is that if you're going to break the meta, you have to facilitate the rise of something else. The big perk overhaul last year did that. Kill these perks, fbut give us something else, even if it's different. I think some of these perk changes (aside from DH) will be eased off a little (CoB, OC and SH:PR are being murdered), but I'd almost rather they didn't, and we get some of the old slowdown meta back, or some other perks reworked in new ways.

From the killer side, what is going to replace the gen kick meta? I'm not going to be sad to see it go, but the old meta perks are still dead.

As it stands per the Dev Update, what we're likely to see is more people running medkits, but also more people absolutely shoving gens, and very little for killers to do to mitigate it.

I'm for a new hit and run meta, but something is still missing here.

But yeah, if you're going to kill DH, just kill it.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Honestly I think being bold itself is much better than taking eternity to change things, as difference more or less motivates people to play.

I feel it might be better if we can have separated in-game event rather than PTB for those things though, as PTB is only on PC, takes storage space, and also is separated from base account.

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,074

Frankly the best part about the Leaks were that people could discuss ideas. But you couldn't really talk about them in any official forums. So I'm glad they're talking about big changes and dissecting user feedback.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

For what it's worth, I think that the way the Developer Updates are worded could use some work. Instead of announcing everything as if "this is the way things are going to be" and that players just should deal with it and adapt, announcing certain mechanics like "In this next PTB, we want to consider/see what would happen if/want to try out X mechanic" to avoid giving the impression that the changes will be permanent, feedback be damned.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

It doesn't matter. That's my point. You can try to play the "Skill Issue" card all you want. That power SHOULDN'T EVEN EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE.

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145

Hey guys, if I say I never have a problem with something widely held as busted, does that make me look like a really awesome player?