Rank1 Freddy Mains H3lp!!1

Just started picking up Freddy, had him for so long rarely played him. I need assistance for general gameplay. I can play almost every other killer well, but not this one!

Thank you, Freddy mains <3 

Comments

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387

If anything: I don't think Rank 1 Freddy mains actually exist. He's too under-powered to be used in the upper ranks. I would recommend waiting until after his rework though.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Two guides that helped me.

https://youtu.be/0rTtr7pUe-Q

Here is a wall of text guide on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/92hxzi/how_to_wreck_with_the_power_of_darn_an_indepth

Other tips:
    1. Self caring survivors are often better than dreaming survivors, especially when gens are nearby, learn transition mindgames and keep them hurt.

2. Don't commit to huge chases when you don't have to. If a survivor approaches one of those disgusting huge loops let him go, pull others in the dream world and come back later and catch him off guard and hit him, if he runs up to the loop again you simply let him go again for a little while or just bluff a retreat and down him.
    If you have Insidious, break line of sight and stay nearby behind cover, surprise them when they leave or heal. 

3. Analyse the pallet heavens (lots) and deadzones (few/none). Priotize catching any sleeping survivors in the dead zone.

4. The new surveillance is like gods gift for Freddy.

5. When someone unhooks in front of your face, hit the rescuer first. Maybe pull some others in the dreamworld to deny BT activation while keeping them busy. If there is a third then its sometimes better to let both run off hurt and go for the third while both are waking up and healing. 

6. Your main addons will be Dresses, Claws and Range addons. The block addons will deny you the mindgames, they kinda suck.

7. For Freddy, the game is often a war of attrition. Bait pallet drops when pulling survivors into the dream world even if you don't intend to chase them yet. Once their items and pallets run dry they will start getting downed fast, especially when you use Bamboozle.

8. Most perks are good on him, but some favorites include Bamboozle, Pop goes the Weasel, Sloppy Butcher, Brutal Strength, Ruin, Make your Choice, Enduring, Spirit Fury, Nurses Calling, Surveillance and Insidious. You can use most of them in virtually any combination.

9. Stay unpredictable. Thats very important.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    edited February 2019
    R1 Freddy main here. 
    Focus on causing disruption and stalling over chases, that will naturally cause the chases to be done faster once the pallets are gone and you are able to pick opportunistic downs. 

Also that playstyle easily maxes your BP gain, once you get good with him you can look forward to getting 60k BP on average with BBQ.
  • katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

If anything: I don't think Rank 1 Freddy mains actually exist. He's too under-powered to be used in the upper ranks. I would recommend waiting until after his rework though.

I actually run Freddy at rank 1 on console. They do exist
  • katoptris
    Keep them asleep at all time. I normally run class photo with dresses just to keep everyone asleep while knowing survivors auras/locations
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@katoptris said:

Are you on PS4? I know one rank 1 Freddy main so far. :)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

My recommendation: Wait for the freddy rework.

It can only be a matter of years

• sandm0614
    sandm0614 Member Posts: 5
    I play on ps4 and usually run an endgame build but knockout instead of bloodwarden.
  • katoptris

@katoptris said:

Are you on PS4? I know one rank 1 Freddy main so far. :)

I run him on Xbox with a slow heal build
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Freddy is a slug master, Sloppy Butcher, Knockout, Remember Me, and Thanatophobia/or your choice, I dominate Survivors like this when I slug the Obsession and hook every other person. You'll be tempted to use the Block add-ons but his real strength is range and reduced skillchecks, I usually use drawings and the claws if I'm low on dresses.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Toxicity23 rank one lower tier killers exist and destroy.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    TreemanXD said:

. . . Occasionally
  • GrootDude

@GT_Legend2 not just occasionally I win most my games as legion.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    TreemanXD said:

@GT_Legend2 not just occasionally I win most my games as legion.

Yeah, but it’s a bit different with Freddy and LF sometimes 
  • deathsia
    deathsia Member Posts: 250

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Two guides that helped me.

Here is a wall of text guide on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/92hxzi/how_to_wreck_with_the_power_of_darn_an_indepth

Other tips:
    1. Self caring survivors are often better than dreaming survivors, especially when gens are nearby, learn transition mindgames and keep them hurt.

1. Don't commit to huge chases when you don't have to. If a survivor approaches one of those disgusting huge loops let him go, pull others in the dream world and come back later and catch him off guard and hit him, if he runs up to the loop again you simply let him go again for a little while or just bluff a retreat and down him.
      If you have Insidious, break line of sight and stay nearby behind cover, surprise them when they leave or heal. 

2. Analyse the pallet heavens (lots) and deadzones (few/none). Priotize catching any sleeping survivors in the dead zone.

3. The new surveillance is like gods gift for Freddy.

4. When someone unhooks in front of your face, hit the rescuer first. Maybe pull some others in the dreamworld to deny BT activation while keeping them busy. If there is a third then its sometimes better to let both run off hurt and go for the third while both are waking up and healing. 

5. Your main addons will be Dresses, Claws and Range addons. The block addons will deny you the mindgames, they kinda suck.

6. For Freddy, the game is often a war of attrition. Bait pallet drops when pulling survivors into the dream world even if you don't intend to chase them yet. Once their items and pallets run dry they will start getting downed fast, especially when you use Bamboozle.

7. Most perks are good on him, but some favorites include Bamboozle, Pop goes the Weasel, Sloppy Butcher, Brutal Strength, Ruin, Make your Choice, Enduring, Spirit Fury, Nurses Calling, Surveillance and Insidious. You can use most of them in virtually any combination.

8. Stay unpredictable. Thats very important.

Translation: Freddy is so underpowered that your reduced to playing mindgames in order to have a ghost of a chance of getting a sacrifice.

• GrootDude

@deathsia you have to mind game with every killer

• deathsia
    deathsia Member Posts: 250

@TreemanXD said:

Yes but the difference between other killers and Freddy is that other killers can keep pressure on survivors with freddy they just run to a gen and purposely blow it up in their face or purposely fail and self-heal check and then there goes Freddy's pressure.

• ChesterTheMolester
    deathsia said:

@TreemanXD said:

Yes but the difference between other killers and Freddy is that other killers can keep pressure on survivors with freddy they just run to a gen and purposely blow it up in their face or purposely fail and self-heal check and then there goes Freddy's pressure.

Translation: Hold W to win or underpowered.

On a more serious note: Self caring survivors is what you want. Don't try to leave anyone healthy if you don't have to. Making them waste time IS how Freddy pressures them. 
    If you can't do that then to bad, Freddy is not your Killer.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

From my experience only the Class Photo add on makes him decent at high rank.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Freddy is great at slugging, try to do it only when it's necessary, ALWAYS try to keep everyone asleep, class photo is one of his best addons but if you dont have that run power range or the dresses, run blocks if you want a shorter dream transition which I wouldnt recommend. Try mastering the dream transition phasing which I cant really give tips on aside from just practice and memorize the times. If you see a survivor being woken up by someone else, go there IMMEDIATELY, drop a chase if you have to because that's 2 more people in your world, besides you can get back to that person after you sleep the other 2. 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    edited February 2019
    If you see a survivor being woken up by someone else, go there IMMEDIATELY, drop a chase if you have to because that's 2 more people in your world, besides you can get back to that person after you sleep the other 2. 
    I would like to add: 
    Remember those who beeline directly to a fellow survivor, they are SWF or use aura reading, therefore you can use him as your bait/drone and keep people asleep even easier.
  • Master

@TreemanXD said:

They destroy the boosted survivors that shouldnt be rank 1, but they will be destroyed by the competent ones. Thats exactly why they are low tier :wink:

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

We exist. We are legion.... not the killer Legion, an actual legion... we are like...a lot.
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Keep at least two survivors in the dreamworld at all times. Don't chase them for too long if you can't down them. Break chase and intercept later.
  • Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387
    edited February 2019

I stand corrected. Nevermind. These tips actually seem useful as hell. Trying to play Freddy, but a little scared to do so in public tbh.

• GrootDude

@Master you think that, but you’re wrong.

• Master

@TreemanXD said:
    @Master you think that, but you’re wrong.

Prove me wrong

• GrootDude

@Master prove ME wrong me and other low tier killers go against good survivors at rank one, maybe you should get better at killer?

• Master

@TreemanXD said:
    @Master prove ME wrong me and other low tier killers go against good survivors at rank one, maybe you should get better at killer?

Ok, watch the official tournament. The only killer that managed to do sth was nurse.
    I claim that a low tier killer has no chance of managing a competent 4 man SWF that actually tries to escape

• GrootDude

@Master if I am correct then you’re saying that the only way to be a good killer is to play high tier killer, which isn’t true at all.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

@Master said:

@TreemanXD said:

They destroy the boosted survivors that shouldnt be rank 1, but they will be destroyed by the competent ones. Thats exactly why they are low tier :wink:

If you actually know how to play Killer you can win against most survivors:wink:

• Master

@KiraElijah said:

@Master said:

@TreemanXD said:

If you actually know how to play Killer you can win against most survivors:wink:

Yeah just not against the competent SWF

• KiraElijah

@Master said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Master said:

@TreemanXD said:

G e n P r e s s u r e

• Master

@KiraElijah said:

@Master said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Master said:

@TreemanXD said:

G e n P r e s s u r e

Exactly, its the biggest problem for most killers

• KiraElijah

@Master said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Master said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Master said:

@TreemanXD said:

G e n P r e s s u r e

Gotta learn how to do it and not complain because you can’t

• Master

@KiraElijah said:

@Master said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Master said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Master said:

@TreemanXD said:

G e n P r e s s u r e

Uhm its not that hard too hold M1 and hit occasional skillchecks. Might be hard for beginners, but since its the only thing you need to mechanically learn, its sth you learn kinda fast

• GrootDude

@Master he is saying YOU need to learn gen pressure.

• KiraElijah

@Master said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Master said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Master said:

@KiraElijah said:

@Master said:

@TreemanXD said:

G e n P r e s s u r e

Uhm its not that hard too hold M1 and hit occasional skillchecks. Might be hard for beginners, but since its the only thing you need to mechanically learn, its sth you learn kinda fast

Umm, Gen Pressure is keeping survivors off gens facepalm

• Master

Ah he was talking about map pressure. gen pressure comes from the survivor side, its also refered as to genrushing.

And yeah I know the meme, just apply map pressure 4head

• KiraElijah
    edited February 2019

@Master

Calling poor tree man a forehead is no way to accept needing to learn map pressure

• Master
  • KiraElijah

Depends on your killer. I’d suggest playing Legion with movement speed and recharge addons. Run between gens and tag people you find, chase the final one. Keep the chase brief.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

If you actually know how to play Killer you can win against most survivors

Literally the opposite around.

"If" (all) SURVIVOR know how to play, they can "win" (max. 1 gets killed) against most killer, no matter how good the killer player is.