If the Stranger Things license was lost, can't the developers at least bring back the cosmetics?

Options

Unfortunately I haven't bought any cosmetics for the Stranger Things characters but at least I got the opportunity to buy them. By the time they were out of the game I was pretty new to DBD and didn't know that they are gonna leave, I was lucky that I bought the chapter. If the developers can make so that the cosmetics return at least for idk the people that own the chapter for a day I would pay 5 times the price of 1 cosmetic just to buy them, they look so cool. I love stranger things, what a shame that is not in DBD anymore :(

Comments

• Dennis1242
    Dennis1242 Member Posts: 99
    Options

oh man , but what if the cosmetics return to be bought with iridescent shards?

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,385
    Options

That’s an interesting question I don’t really have a concrete answer to. We have a resident law student on these forums, though.

@GoodBoyKaru would you be able to explain this?

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 534
    Options

Netflix own stranger things this includes all licensing & likeness including cosmetics.

Charging shards or cells is irrelevant as Behavior would be in breach of multiple laws & sued for so much the game probably would actually die!!

They can't just take something from somewhere else & put it in the game regardless how they charge for it. Technically their still making profit from someone elses property as they could never prove that someone didn't buy the game just for those cosmetics.

PPersonallyI think Stranger things will come back, probably for the anniversary.

Its a win for pretty much everyone concerned including netflix.

Until then we'll all just have to keep on waiting.

• Dennis1242
    Dennis1242 Member Posts: 99
    Options

I am speechless. I have never seen someone answering at a question with this much detail. Well done and thank you for the response. I wish you good luck in whatever you are doing right now and I hope you succeed!

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Yh copyright law is something no company wants to mess with.

Shame, I really wish bhvr could/would get the stranger things IP back. I only started dbd last august. Managed to get a physical copy of the nightmare edition for xbox with stranger things content on it. But without that disk it'd be inaccessible to me and I can't buy any cosmetic for my demo boi 🙁

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

What can I say, I find the law (specifically the application of the law) fascinating when it's written in a semi legible way (like Canada's Acts are, and totally unlike the UK's Acts are)

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    edited April 2023
    Options

"If the Stranger Things license was lost, can't the developers at least bring back the Stranger Things license ?"

Some people, I swear...

• Kuinzu
    Kuinzu Member Posts: 134
    Options

Yeah, that's not what the OP was asking, and you know that. They're asking a valid question; can the developers make it so that people who already own the DLC can purchase cosmetics for their DLC characters?

The answer is a complicated no due to the countless licensing issues.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

It was Netflix's decision to stop ST from being apart of DBD

So it's on them talking through everything to get it back

But then again maybe a new chapter with Netflix and ST may be on the horizon (But I don't know)