ok do I just played a game vs a deathslinger and

Options
ryokoryu
ryokoryu Member Posts: 193

Ok seriously this guy didn't play badly he just had no chance of winning. we destroyed this guy in what felt like under 2 minutes. Just 2 toolboxes he started next to 2 of us and the other 2 were across the map, they had 1 done in under 30 seconds and one of us led him on a very fast chase while I stayed on the gen we spawned by. the guy downed our linebacker (Jane Romero) just about as the first gen popped and the 2 toolbox guys were on another gen that was almost half-way done when he hooked her. he came back to my gen but I predicted this and had moved not too far away and hidden with my secure distortion and the second gen popped as he got back to mine and kicked it. I needn't have brought distortion for this as he didn't have nowhere to hide and as it turns out at the end we found out all slowdown perks were brought . I rescued our linebacker from her basement prison in the shack next to the gen we were on just after tapping outs to stop it's regression. We popped out of basement and finished our gen just as another one popped. this is less than 2 minutes to 4 gens and this guy brought call of brine, overcharge, eruption, and pop goes the weasel. Granted that last choice of perks wasn't the best in that slot but this guy came built to counter gen rushes and absolutely could not have made an intelligent decision to improve the results of this game. the final gen was done and I had us out of there with wake-up less than a minute later. 2 green toolboxes was all it took to completely make this game unwinnable for this guy and I tried to tell him after the game it wasn't his fault he lost but he thought I wasn't being sincere, I was. This wasn't fair and shows how broken survivors can sometimes be. I won but I definitely didn't earn this victory.

Comments

• ryokoryu
    ryokoryu Member Posts: 193
    Options

It wasn't even us being good survivors, it was a combination of RNG putting the right people in a cluster of 4 gens and they had the right toolboxes to have 3 done in a bit over the time it would normally take to do one. there was nothing the killer could have intelligently done to win.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,498
    Options

A failure of matchmaking, again.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227
    Options

Like when you get a string of 4ks against super sweaty survivors and then a lobby of babies... This is fine. I know it's backfill but I personally don't agree with backfill

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,353
    Options

Tbf it was his fault for choosing that killer, if you wan't to actually be able to compete with good players the game starts at the killer selection, if you choose a killer you know can be easily clapped there is nothing unfair when you get clapped.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    edited April 2023
    Options

And this is exactly why I haven't played this game since two entire weeks now. The scheduled changes for tomorrow's patch will make the genrushing even worse since gen-progression will remain completely untouched whereas gen regression perks will be gutted into unviablity. Looks like there'll be very little reason to return as a killer player, not until the anniversary chapter at least. I'm sick and tired of the devs blatantly ignoring this issue.

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227
    Options

There shouldn't be such an imbalance where over half the killer roster isn't viable against a strong team and then a handful of killers that rarely struggle and then a couple that basically auto win. Bhvr needs a fundamental core game change with killers, how can they possibly balance the game when nurse, blight, and spirit are treated the same as trapper and wraith.

• fearsxoxo
    fearsxoxo Member Posts: 63
    Options

this is exactly what i keep saying when gens are flying way too fast. then most of the community seems to wonder why killers need to bring 4 regressions perks. even there its not enough because we need to physicaly be there to kick it in order to make it regress, while survivors have instant tools to help progression. We cant cover the map , being in chase , all at once. this is extremely unbalanced and un fun for killers atm. the game shouldnt be balanced around the solo que experience. it should balanced around SWF. THE GENS ARE GOING TOO FAST AND THATS A FACT ! no matter how good you are youre most likely to lose 1-2 gens withinthe first 45 sec. Dont even think about making a mistake or lose track of your chase or get denied a down or the game is most likely already out of reach. The one chase you engage , you have to go thru several palets and most of the time 3 hits since every one runs DH. This is getting ridiculous.

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 202
    Options

As a low skilled survivor, I can say I have had many many many matches where the whole team was wiped out in what felt like 2 mins (and in some cars ACTUALLY less than 2 mins) and have also seen one or two matches like you described where the survivors outplayed a (obviously) beginner killer.

And according to lots of accounts and anecdotes only people on this forum it ballets even at higher levels for both sides. Without a shadow of a doubt it happens more on survivor (getting destroyed and snowballed early and out) - don’t you think survivors are also feeling killers are broken at times?

it’s obviously not black and white but please don’t make that game (or others) indicative of what happens. New survivors get destroyed much more than new killers.

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 202
    Options

But isn’t this the same kind of situation as a killer with the eighth perks and set of circumstances snowballing within 3 mins?

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,367
    Options

The problem is gen-time varies so wildly game-to-game. You can have a game with 4 survivors who are doing archives, chilling or just not great at the game and gens get done cripplingly slowly, and you can have a game where all 4 survivors are focusing heavily on gens and they fly no matter what the killer brings. This doesn't even require toolboxes or gen-speed perks, just basekit survivors can do gens fast if they actually focus on doing them efficiently.

If they globally make gens take longer to combat SWFs and even efficeient solos, then weaker teams will just NEVER get gens done.

If they don't do anything, like now, then good teams can rush gens faster than a good killer can down and hook them.

I bring this up a lot but I run my Huntress with 0 slowdown, just chase and aura-reading, and in some games I can find and down survivors really quickly and gens STILL fly by.