Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

BNP as form of protest?

I swear, every game after the patch, killer games contain at least 1 or 2 BNP, there are no more effective perks to regress generators so they are going much faster than before, especially now that so many are using the green box with BNP .

In a game a little while ago, they made me 3 generators in 2 minutes, in the end I won because they moved very badly and I slugted, otherwise I would have lost with 3 hooks. Imagine such a situation against a SWF, better stand still and let them escape.

Comments

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I'm sorry you're facing all that !

I don't see the appeal of bringing genrush when the regression perks have been nerfed, but there's unfortunately always gonna be people going "But it's efficient and fun = winning, duh"

Unless most killers start tunneling, I'll bully my friends into not taking gen perks either. =D

• Percival_nxs
    Percival_nxs Member Posts: 193

you are acting like every game you face the hag, you can still use flashlights as always, medkits are still strong, dont know the conplains really

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394

Just consequences of medkits/dh/coh nerfs, camping, tunneling and overall killer-favored winstreak friendly balance. "Play fast or die"

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited April 2023

Honestly i played around 10 games of billy yesterday with the basically destroyed overheat. Running pain res,shadowborne,dms, no way out. With the slower heals across the board it made m1s more consistent. I did have a lot of toolboxes but gens didn't seem much faster. Because before youd run them with CoH and stuff like deadhard to inflate the chases. Thats not a option because of healing being mostly altruistic now and dead hard finally i think got its due. Pain res and no way out basically also can add 1 gen each. Im all for a passive meta over a kick for 50 years meta. (Kinda why i liked ruin undying) but the good thing with this is it can't be destroyed. (Dms can be countered so you could run like deadlock if ya wanted)

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I currently have total of 270 BNP for all characters...and Im not even a grinder.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

3 generators in 2 minutes is normal gen time if you can't down a single person in that time frame and the 3 not in chase spread out 🤨

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

We had a Patch were Flashlights got slightly nerfed and Medkits got quite heavily nerfed. Maps and Keys are already weak.

The BNP is basically the only strong thing left in the Survivor-Bloodweb.

• Percival_nxs

tell this to the devs who create god pallets, you cant catch a surv with an m1 killer with all those pallets

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,672

It's day 1 of a 'new meta' patch, where (some of) the gen control perks that have been dominating the game for almost a year are now gone.

I hardly see BNP as 'protest' and more that people are trying the blindingly obvious strategy that doing gens before the killer can snowball is probably a good way to escape.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

.... might need them later

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Why i am not seeing this survivors lol. I am seeing medkits more than before and Syringe is popular as hell now. But atleast they limited with heal cap now.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Healing is nerfed, and i see more tunneling and camping. Yesterday, it happened every match. Genrush as an attemped to counter that maybe.

• Percival_nxs

maybe because killers now have only tunnelling, cant defend gens anymore

• Percival_nxs

How? Jumping over the pallet like Wesker but using the Pig? Do you understand what GODPALLET means?

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

Nah killers were tunnelling from first days of DbD to today. Nothing changed. But probably tunnelling is happening more atm since gen perks mostly gutted.

• Percival_nxs

Exactly, you can be a monster in chase, but you cant defend gens anymore, you can just dalay a bit with deadlock, but still gens are gonna be finished no matter what (with certain killers)

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I saw BNPs quite often before this patch. They were always used.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

I am sure i know what GODPALLET is after 3K hours on DbD. M1 killers have hard time on survivorside maps, true but this does not means you are hopeless.

You don't have to chase survivor for 5 gens. Sometimes take your hit, get god pallet dropped, break it and leave for gens. Or use some chase perks on M1 killers. Or hard tunnel one of them, when they are close to death, they are usually stopping being greedy which helps to out god pallets faster.

But i usually don't play M1 killers because they are all boring killers. Only m1 killer i love is Sadako and i am playing her for hit & run. New update made this style even more viable for me.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

I think you had a game with me judging by timing. I had a BNP but thats cause I was using auto level on claud and it grabbed one and I though "Might as well."

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I’ll say, I did see an uptick on BNP’s last night. Probably every other game had one on average.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

I've never used gen progression perks or BNP in the 2+ years I've been playing, but if my already low escape rate drops further then I probably will start using them more. Nothing to do with protest, simply trying to maintain my escape rate. Others might be thinking along the same lines?

• HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 359

Good. Survivors have had all items nerfed and have little else in the way of tools to make it through abusive matches.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,009

u can say the same thing about gen regression perks in my opinion. pan res still good, jolt still good, eruption even decent just not op anymore. I feel both sides in better spot now

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Yes it's a form of protest, not just players naturally adjusting to balance changes

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

This gen rush playstyle was bound to happen after the Medkit/DH/COH nerfs. Especially with almost every killer running Sloppy Butcher + Camping and tunneling. There isn't much options left for survivors anymore.