Coop needs a nerf

Options
ironcarbide
ironcarbide Member Posts: 7

Loving the game so far, my only complaint would be that coop raiding is overtuned. It's too easy to essentially one shot a base by having one guy stand back and let his teammate trigger all the traps, then swoop in for a quick res after he dies. Perhaps the number of revives could be reduced, or healing time increased so healing under enemy fire is less viable.

Comments

• Darkyan
    Darkyan Member Posts: 122
    Options

Healing time won't matter because shield consumable are a thing, and traps don't move so as you said "Trigger and revive" won't be affected by that.

I thought about 3 Limited deaths before the map restarts, but there's some very not amazing glitches that kills you 3 or 4 times in a row upon revives so I don't know if that's viable.

• magic1236
    magic1236 Member Posts: 106
    Options

Nothing wrong with people completing an outpost. You don’t get punished for someone completing your outpost. If one guy is just going in getting killed over and over and over and the friend just reviving, that you getting kills that might otherwise not have happened.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I usually get way more kills from duos than from solos so as far as Im concerned, I dont mind this at all

• chezpizza
    chezpizza Member Posts: 120
    Options

Double down bolt shots

• Lightspirit
    Lightspirit Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options

But may be don't give back ammunition lost when revive, it's a very good idea to have to care about ammo, but when you revive it doesn't matter anymore and we lost this good gameplay limitation. Plus it's already design with the phoenix consummable so it would be a good consummable even in multiplayer to give back ammo.

• Amaroq64
    Amaroq64 Member Posts: 106
    Options

Even on overdrive, you still get 200 genmat per kill, and only lose 300 if they complete it. So if your overdrive map kills 2 people per run, you're still making a profit.

• Kontayes
    Kontayes Member Posts: 3
    Options

This, right here. Just make a decent enough outpost to get maybe 20 kills per 12 hours, which is very simple with a ramp and dead mans. Then it pays for itself. I know when my friend and I play and we both die 6 to 9 times each, that outposts just got a 12-18 kill replay, that's beautiful to come home too. So I feel what needs to happen is to decrease trap activation time by like .1 -.2 seconds so people can't just blitz through maps faster then they can activate that's what pisses me off the most.

• magic1236
    magic1236 Member Posts: 106
    Options

I feel there could be a mod that is implemented that makes it so traps active instantly if a grapple is being used in their range. Or activate faster if the person is walking fast through them. But can be counted with if the person walks really slow they don’t get triggerd

• Entchenklein
    Entchenklein Member Posts: 35
    Options

my main issue with coop is that it breaks some core game idears for example trapping at the genmat becomes useless as soon as you have a coop partner the coop partner just waits outside and you are good

Also infinite revives is a little too strong in my opinion maybe onle 2 revives per try would be good

I am ok that coop is easyer then solo but the difference is so insainly broken i barely feel challenged when playing with a partner

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 253
    Options

Duos should not have unlimited revives, it makes the base building feel unrewarding because for duos it is a push W simulator. It undermines the effort put into building a base and the entire game becomes meaningless. I am sure many players gave the devs this feedback during beta.

This is how it could work: each player has one life, and upon death, you get sent to the end of the maze in a tomb. Now the other player has to make it to the end to revive you but there is a catch, in order to get you out of the tomb the player that is alive has to sacrifice some Genmat. If both players die, the level resets as it does for solos.

• ironcarbide
    ironcarbide Member Posts: 7
    Options

This is more along the lines of what my issue was, yeah. It's totally valid to say the extra kills are great if your main concern is grinding out resources and prestige points, but I think from a gameplay perspective it is just not fun or healthy to have such a dominant strategy.

• OgnamTsol
    OgnamTsol Member Posts: 2
    Options

i would like to add that the person that dies shouldnt be able to look around when there dead so they can tell there friend where all the traps are its very easy to tell this was happening while watching replays of my outpost and it pretty much guaranteed the second person wouldnt die

• MadMoeZel
    MadMoeZel Member Posts: 685
    Options

except if your outpost is in overdrive, when someone takes your genmat your outpost loses 46 minutes of life in overdrive. so any base i build for overdrive has to be built to stop co-ops from just invalidating it, which makes it signifigantly harder for solo players. the co-op deaths not resetting traps is also why we see as much fire and plasma as we do, single shot traps become worthless when you remove ANY chance of them getting reset.

since i am punished for losing my genmat, and co-ops trivialize my defenses, all bases must be made to stop co-op if they're gonna not get eradicated by duo raiders. and building a dungeon to kill a co-op makes it MUCH harder for a solo player. i can make a signifigantly more FUN base if it's geared for a solo that has little to no kill-box component, but a co-op will talk through it and harm my outpost lifetime with significantly less trouble not because they won't die, but because they can die an infinite amount of times WITHOUT losing ANY progress.

i go into co-op to help other players, i'm a speedrunner in the upper ranks. i can tear apart 90% of bases in seconds and the ones i can't i can dismantle. with no fear of resetting due to my own death i will proceede to intentionally pop every trap i can and then call out what killed me so the person behind can revive me and then i repeat the process because i can infinitely respawn, and continue to rush your dungeon with no threat to my teammate. how do you balance against that without harming solo if we don't separate the lobbies?

• Airhawkplays
    Airhawkplays Member Posts: 2
    Options

Usually on Fridays my brother and I will co-op and we do talk to one another. We do communicate when one of us die but usually one of us will still die before reviving to one of us being goofs. I don't think co-op needs a change really but I do think there should be separate lobbies for co-ops and solo. That way builders can still build without fear and maybe get an increase to build capacity for co op bases. Been something I have thinking about for awhile that there should be a separation. Would maybe see less killboxes that way for solo.

• Pennywise
    Options

It isn't healthy and the proof is already in the game. Ask yourself why didn't the devs design solo play with infinite self-revives? Because it would break the game. It would become a push W simulator, and make base building meaningless. The devs can't have their cake and eat it with the disparity between solo and duos, you can't have one that is challenging and the other being a joke. It ultimately makes the game pointless and is still the reason I will not buy this game.

• MadMoeZel
    Options

good for you. why do i care what someone who doesn't own the game thinks about the game? you wanna tell me your thoughts on my little pony next?

• Pennywise
    Options

Are you a developer for Meet Your Maker? That feedback is to them. I am sure they would like to know why their game isn't selling well and if I can offer part of that reason then I gladly will. I played the beta, that is enough to give this feedback, I do not need to own the game to validate it.

• MadMoeZel
    Options

if you were a player you'd know the devs are on reddit, not here.

• Pennywise
    Options

Posting feedback in the official feedback forums is enough, thanks for your concern, I am sure they will receive this.

• MadMoeZel
    Options

yes, the 3 months of backlogged unacknowledged bug reports lends to my confidence too. good luck with that.