Raccoon city

Options
Silverwind13
Silverwind13 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

Can we just agree to disagree that escaping on raccoon city is damn near impossible now with how easy killers can get a 4K now. You expect people to escape at least 20 times for the achievement/trophy?

Comments

• KenwanObinobi
    KenwanObinobi Member Posts: 185
    Options

I do not understand how this map is still in the game.

Same for Gideon and Lery's.

They do not fit for this game, the game's mechanics cannot be properly used on these maps, the line of sight being garbage.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,872
    Options

I disagree, I still escape on RPD. So... I guess so, I agree, we disagree.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,872
    Options

These are all great maps and break up the monotony of open fields with a main building, a shack and a couple of cookie cutter maze tiles. You just refuse to adapt to change.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

I mean I've finished the rpd escape achievement.

It's a good map to run a killer for a while on chase. Lots of strong loops, pallets and good vaults.

• KenwanObinobi
    KenwanObinobi Member Posts: 185
    edited April 2023
    Options

Yes i agree but it is also one of the worst map if you get tunneled, there is no way out of it.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

In my experience, it's a dreadful map for both roles.

Except if you were playing Hag before 6.7. Amazing Hag map ! =D

Might still be, but I'm taking a break from her 'cause I'm not super happy with her changes.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,001
    Options

Try playing Billy on RPD - don't tell me that a 4k is easy.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Options

I'm of the opinion that at the very least, when comparing the original RPD with the RPDs post Wesker, the map went from a flaming dumpster of toxic waste to an annoyingly problematic, but playable hell-scape.

It 100% should never have been added to the game in the first place, but they definitely improved its playability to the point where I almost see it similarly to Hawkins; it plays very differently such that even if I don't necessarily enjoy the map while I'm on it, I at least appreciate the diversity it brings to the pool of maps.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 931
    Options

No

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

I've had pleasurable experiences playing RPD on both sides. That was until Skull Merchant was introduced, where they always have the perfect 3 gens that they protect on that map.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 329
    Options

I liked the old one better. Yes, I never knew how to navigate it, but it was balanced because neither did the killers I faced. Spending 5 minutes trying to find gens stops being annoying and starts being funny the moment you see the killer and the survivors taking different paths to find the way to go to a specific room and none of them finding it because the entrance for some reason is on a different floor.

Finding hooks was never fun, though. Having a hook in front of you and having to do a whole Mario Kart lap around the map carrying a survivor just to reach it was kinda obnoxious.

• IWasLrft2Die
    IWasLrft2Die Member Posts: 389
    Options

I like it a lot playing on either side. One of my favorites honestly.

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 602
    Options

Please play Hillbilly on these maps and say the same thing.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Not impossible. Managed it myself once against a wraith who seemed determined to kill me. Managed to run/occupy him while he face camped me long enough to get 4 gens done, one flahbang save and a double bodyblock later I gave him the slip and managed to hide near exit gate and escape.