Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Whole 1000-Win-Streak Conversation is Being Handled Stupidly

philward1953
philward1953 Member Posts: 208
edited April 2023 in General Discussions

The fact that we're even discussion whether or not the game should LET people get to this level is dumb as heck. If the player plays well enough, then they deserve it. The game doesn't dictate who wins or loses, just want they're given in terms of a map and such. The dude played well, go cry.

We can talk about how powerful/balanced Blight it, but that's a separate discussion entirely. The same goes for maps, perks, etc.

But, to say the game straight up shouldn't allow someone to achieve that success is like saying "Okay, we need to put a cap on how many times a killer or survivor can win".

Stop harassing the player, and go back to looking at game-balance.

Props to the player, I doubt it was easy.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,370

From what I understand, some people just don't like that someone can win that many games, because for some arbitrary reason they've decided that anyone playing dbd should lose X amount of games out of every Y games.

• Crowman

Is the Blight player the only person playing blight or the only killer playing? No. We should not decide balance over what a single highly skilled person is able to accomplish.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Realistically that's not comparable. Killer is a single person and can fully control everything, that's why you only talk about 4-man swfs in these discussion. Solo is just a single person with no control over their teamates at all and you get teamates with goals other than winning all the time.

• philward1953

Its not about balance though. It should be, but how people are discussing this topic usually boils down to "This should be impossible". Should it be hard? Hell yes. But not impossible.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

Competitive gameplay has nothing to do with how dbd is played, usually banning perks and addons, and even victory counted differently. Thats not real gameplay.

Real gameplay is at pub games, without any kind of restriction, and thats where killers like Blight cant ever lose a game, on top players hand. I wouldnt surprised if he wanted he could make it 10k+ win in a row, Blight with addons so broken.

But there is a very big favoritism towards blight, and commonly abused to get free and easy wins, never get nerfed, and exploits still there years later.

• Piruluk

Also did you know that devs aiming for 60% killrate?

It'll be a 60% winrate if the player in question lose the next 666 matches in a row....

• philward1953

I wouldn't have posted this if I saw that most people were aligned with that statement. Sadly, tons of people seemingly are not with that.

I don't know what the longest win streak is, and I doubt it even breaches 100. I could be wrong though. But, if it is low, this is nothing new. Solo-Q is the "weakest" faction of players.

• Crowman
    edited April 2023

First, it's 60% win rate for all players on average. There are going to be individual players with 80-90% kill rates and players with 10-20% kill rates, because they are outliers to the average.

• philward1953

And most killrates are around that, look at the chart BHVR released.

• Piruluk

We are talking about killer winrate of 1000 wins, 0 loses. So actually his winrate right now would 100%, if counted for all his games I wouldnt doubt it being like 99,99% killrate. Blight is a disgusting killer, extremely overpowered, should be nerfed to the ground

• Crowman

Again you are too busy looking at the individual player and not the whole picture. BHVR isn't balancing the game so that every killer individually will end up with a 60% kill rate. Doing that would mean there is no skill involvement as regardless of how good or how bad you play, you will kill 2-3 survivors every game no matter what you did.

It does not matter that the blight player has went on a 1000 win rate as he's an outlier to the average.

• BooomTetris
    BooomTetris Member Posts: 58

A Streamer (WimaTV) got a 500 winstreak, and than he and his friends just stopped because it was so boring just doing gens XD

• Piruluk

in 2020 you mean?

Back then when a whole team could escape through hatch with a key etc

That was a very different world

• Saiph
    Saiph Member Posts: 317

Then I believe OP is misled, because they said:

"If the player plays well enough, then they deserve (to win)"

Do you agree that this phrasing is better:

"If the player plays well enough, then they deserve to win. Unless they play survivor and are not a 4-man SWF."

• BooomTetris

His first record was with keys (380ish). The 500 streak without keys. Hens with his team got a 200+ streak and they gave themselves restrictions. It's not important how many times you are doing something in a row. Lets say Hens played 1000 matches and he lost once every 200 matches, that's a winrate of 99,5%. That's completely fine but 100% not?

Luckily not every SWF is Team Eternal and not every Blight is Momo or Lilith.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Agreed.

Just because one Blight player is that good doesn't mean all Blight players are that good or that Blight should be nerfed.

Same as just because some comp SWFs have insane escape streaks doesn't mean all SWF are that good or that SWF should be nerfed.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

I never thought I would see the day when Blight was OP lmao.

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 541

Pubs is not real gameplay, there can’t be a favoritism towards a killer that requires a developed skill ceiling. Blight in competitive gameplay is balanced due to restricted addons and perks. Blight in pubs is fake for the most part because of how unrestricted you can be.

If that blight went against a comp team on Garden of Joy and played the same way he did to get to 1000+ wins in a row with the same build in pubs he would lose where as if he played against the usual group of survivors during his win streak on garden of Joy in pubs he would win by a mile.

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436

😂

Everything is irrelevant to you. What exactly is relevant then? Anything?

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862
    edited April 2023

I literally dont care if the person achieved a 1000 streak. The only thing i cared about is how they achieved it. Yes, it was to prove a point that tunneling is powerful and something should be done about it. But the player only amplified the problem by doing so in majority of the games in the streak.

Good job. Fine whatevs. But i feel bad for that one player every match who most likely got tunneled and didnt get the opportunity to get a full experience in a match. I swear most killers treat this game comp while most survivors just play this game casually.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,123

The goal to maintaining a winstreak is to use a reliable formula or strategy. It makes sense to utilize all advantages like meta perks or tunneling.

If he didn’t violate any game rules to achieve the winstreak, I fail to see the issue.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Yea I get it.... one player got 1000 wins in a row... but how long did it take to get to that point

And Tunneling is apart of it too... to which becomes a different discussion

And then the Killer played turns into another discussion

Like what if someone else with a different Killer does the same thing what then???

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

I'll preface this by saying I do think some of Blight's addons are OP and need to be nerfed, however...

A single person doing a crazy winsteak isn't enough on it's own to prove something needs nerfs. They could just be crazy good at the game and thus the game just can't find anyone on their skill level to match them with, thus they always win.

OnePumpWillie has gotten multiple super high win streaks as Onryo and I don't think ANYONE thinks that Onryo needs nerfs.

• BooomTetris

This whole discussion is like the "[Put Killer Name Here] is overperforming pls nerf Pig" joke.

• verysleepy
    verysleepy Member Posts: 50

Nobody's discussing this except twitch streamer follower cults.... Who cares if someone got a 1000 streak.

We know certain killers at the top 0.0001 percent skill level are busted. They don't represent the majority.

Same with the top .0001 percent elite survivors doing escape streaks.

Let's focus on actual issues that affect mere mortals in this game:

Jokingly fast gen speeds when a killer cannot compete against 4 competent survivors who are doing sadly.... Their only objective, and efficiently.

This is why tunneling exists, aswell as camping. Killers literally seeing 2 gens left a few mins into the game are like ok guess I have to tunnel, or they get bullied, so it's camp time because why not.

Give survivors basekit full borrowed time or the otr duration that disables on any action, give killers basekit corrupt intervention.

Re nerf circle of healing speed (aimed at swfs)

Rework exhaustion perks or give killer a perk that downs the survivors once every 40, secs. (Sorry but one free chase escape every minute or extension of chase in this game where gens fly is madness, ontop of the million loops and pallets) so why doesn't killer have one free down every 40 seconds? They need far more than survivors.

Nerf all survivor gen progression perks to align with regression nerfs. This includes toolkits.

Add more types of addons for survivor and killer.

Swap the spawn addons for survivor and killer.

I.e a pocketknife for survivors, once a game you can stab the killer when picked up on deathook (like decisive). Idk, just anything for more interactivity.

Give survivors another interactive thing to do than sit on gens.

Basekit unbreakable? Sure I don't care if killers can just enjoy the game, chasing, without gens being murdered in their 3rd hook when their efficiently downing. (Let's remember, 2 are always on gens if you are hooked). Gens don't take long.

I'd just love it so killer can just be rewarded for doing their objective without having to gen kick, 3 gen, resort to slugging, or tunneling, just to stand a chance.

Right now survivors are rewarded fast for doing their only objective. Killers are rewarded only if they tunnel down their first objective and then play aggressive. No chill or casual time.

This all assumes non potato mmr.

Also add bots to replace any DC and reward killer with 3k post game bps. Reward survivors with 10k extra bps if killer dcs post game.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

If the player plays well enough, then they deserve it.

Do they though? I guarantee the best Trapper/Myers/Clown player ain't hitting 1000 winstreak. A large part of this guy's success is due to his Killer of choice.

• BooomTetris

True, but the majority of the Playerbase ain't hitting 1000 winstreak with Blight either, even with his best add-ons. I'm not saying Blight doesn't deserve a add-on rework/nerf. But not because one of the best (probably the best) Blight player in the world got a flawless streak to a nice number

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

The point of contention is not that if you're more skilled than your opponent, you should win or not, or that there should be a cap on how often you win.

The point of contention is that at menu screen you can select a certain level of power to bring into that match, that with a modicum of proficiency allows you to win DESPITE the relative skills of you and of your opponent.

The fact that you can have a 1000 ‰ win rate is a symptom of a dysfunction that cannot be ignored and the root cause addressed and fixed.

If this conversation was handled stupidly, as you said, then allow me to tell you that you haven't done much to raise the bar.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Lets hope there wont be mass spammed nerf blight threads. Theyre not as alliteratively pleasing as the nerf nurse ones lol.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,722

The fact that we're even discussion whether or not the game should LET people get to this level is dumb as heck. If the player plays well enough, then they deserve it. 

This is a problem, because this isn't how games work. Human beings make mistakes, have bad luck, etc. Over a series of games there should be some variance on who wins.

We can talk about how powerful/balanced Blight it, but that's a separate discussion entirely.

The 1,000 win streak is just the most extreme example of Blight being overpowered with certain builds. It's not like this player got a 1,000 win streak with Freddy. In that case yes, the player would be a true anomaly who somehow has mastered the game in a way no other player has.

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329

Over 200 wins in a row with SWF, Nurse, Blight & SWF are unhealthy for that game and BHVR must bring a Matchmaking into the game or cutting Rank player and Casual player with an Rank-Casual mode, what ever they do, its a joke! and need a change, this is all a sign of poverty... in every game that has a matchmaking you will never get a 100 win streak, for example fall guys, yes! even the game has much better matchmaking and you can't get ez win streaks

• False_Hydra
    False_Hydra Member Posts: 47

im pretty sure every game with flawed matchmaking that enabled top players to solo carry every game would work like that.

not like you can't 1000 winstreak as survivors if you bring out the worst they can do.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

This is also why I don't really care about this

Like I'm not denying it's an accomplishment but this wasn't 1k wins vs good players back to back, it was 1k wins vs the slot matchine that is DBD's matchmaking. By the laws of probability there was def a lot of good players in there, a lot of good swfs and so on but I imagine most of the games were your typical dbd player

It's also funny to me how SBMM as a concept is widely hated not just in DBD but across a lot of multiplayer games, yet it's always being used. My belief is SBMM exists both to try and create fairer matchups but also to keep players addicted - sometimes they'll win, feel great and then lose a bunch so they keep trying to 'chase the high' for lack of a better description

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,232

Played well = win - The issue with this, is it discounts how well the Survivors played in opposition of this 1000 wins.

Blight balance is separate - I would say the opposite, Blight being this extremely imbalanced, is what allowed for 1000 wins. Could the same player do 1000 wins on Legion? If they could get 1000 wins (in a row) on Legion also, then I would cede that point.

Shouldn't allow someone to achieve that success - It truly shouldn't set up Survivors to be the NPCs in the Blight's single player helicopter minigun experience. The Survivor's never had a chance to begin with is the problem. That is fine in single player, as the AI is meant to be a punching bag for the player, but in PVP, both sides (in good design) need a reasonable chance of success. Even if the Survivors had a 1/100 chance of winning, the odds of a Killer player losing at least 1 time by 1000 games is 99.99568%. That is beyond impropable, so it is far more likely the Survivors didn't even have a 1/1000 chance at winning. Would you queue up in any game if you had less than 1/1000 chance of winning?

This is a bit of a misnomer. The Kill rate is 60%, not the win/loss rate. Best I understand, they balance around 60% kills, because it is the closest approximate to a 50/50 win rate (3+ escape/kill, and a null for ties). This can be seen in different areas, such as how a hatch escape is a tie, and a facecamp for a minimum 1k can be guaranteed on numerous killers, or easily risked by the majority anyways. That endgame facecamp 1k counts as both a kill (individual win) and a loss (match loss).

The degree shows whether it is beating the odds through skill, or abuse of a fundamental problem. 10 wins? Reasonable, I can win 10 coin flips. 100? Sketchy, is the coin weighted, maybe pure luck? 1000? Blatant problem, something is clearly wrong. Now to be fair, some people have claimed the streamer in question did it to show the problem of 'tunneling', however they specifically only showed the problem of 'Blight tunneling'. If they could reach 1000 wins on any other Killer also, then it would show tunneling is the problem, but they only were able to show Blight doing it. That is why it is a problem.

The effectiveness of Killers should be flattened to help the problem on both ends. That way D tier Killers could have a greater chance against those SWF extremists, but Survivors should also be able to have a greater chance against those Blight/Nurse extremists. Essentially balance the Killers so that S/D tiers no longer exist (in our current understanding), and we can work with A-C. The B-tier should be the goal for a perfect 50/50 split for wins of each side (or the 60% kill rate they like to use in their stats).

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500

So survivors that "can't look behind them was pretty much all his games"? Just asking for a friend: how does that fit the narrative of our beloved killer community allegedly going against SEAL Team Six SWFs, every match?

Do we have potatoes on average or SEAL Team SIX SWFs on average?