Whats your signature build?

Options
AetherBytes
AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,995

What build do you use that you made and no one else seems to use (for better or worse), either survivor or killer?

Pain Train Legion

Comments

• Cynwale
    Cynwale Member Posts: 205
    Options

No particular reason for the last one, I could definitely replace it with something like Fire Up.

• MrSlayer
    MrSlayer Member Posts: 189
    Options

I don't strictly have a signature build, but outside of doing adepts you won't see me without Nowhere to Hide. I get so much consistent value out of that single perk that I just don't play without it. Unless I'm playing under influence I take Overcharge too, cause I'm kicking gens all the time anyway. I change two other perks all the time.

As for surv I play strictly solo and run Overcome and Self Care. Say what you want, but it saves me a lot of nerves when I don't have to rely on anyone and anything to get healed when I want it.

• 1ettuce
    1ettuce Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

Looping around the hook build (probably for the best that nobody uses this lmao): kindred, open handed, reassurance, kinship

Vaulter walter build (bunch of perks that can synergize really well with each other): any means, lithe, resilience, cut loose

Guaranteed deli: Deliverance + lucky break

OTRx2 build (don't run this lol): OTR, dh, distortion, iron will

Totem hunter build (I doubt this is original): counterforce, overzealous, inner healing, clairvoyance

Looping with friends build (I got this to work once lmao): blood pact, wiretap, repressed alliance, prove thyself

Random scratch mark hiding: distortion + object + maybe residual manifest if u want

Gen block build (it's actually good as hell): DMS, corrupt, deadlock, thrilling tremors

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    edited April 2023
    Options

I like to run this loadout on The Twins. I dont have the addons I normally bring with this build equpped though. For addons I use the ones that make me wake up faster and give me undetectable when I wake up. Third Seal really enhances her slugging capabilities, and retribution and gearhead give me intel after waking up, so I know where they are but they don't even know I'm coming. And then Oppression is for gen pressure, and potentially providing some intel for either me or victor to capitalize on.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

On one hand, the build works. On the other hand, people are very vocal in the chat after the match is over.

• dollidahlia
    dollidahlia Member Posts: 343
    Options

I’m jealous of all the PC players, the perks look so good 😭😭

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

I'll have to take pictures later but I like my Circle of Healing induced gen rush build and a very uh, interesting Nemesis build

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 578
    Options

For me its def STBFL, Superior Anatomy, Bamboozle, Brutal Strength on Skull Merchant. removing the survivors chase potential while speeding her up drastically through tracking or even add ons makes her a beast during chase if you know how to mind game

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

I love to run Blood Warden, No Way Out, Remember Me, and Terminus. Then I bring Video Tape and Crate of Gears. I call it my "Perkless Pig" build cause of how often I get a 4K before even the last generator is done... without tunneling, camping, or slugging. So fun.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    edited May 2023
    Options

Well...it used to be this:

But Pharmacy is a lot weaker now after the medkit nerfs so the build isn't nearly as good as it was before. This was a build I made after the Pharmacy rework in 6.1.0 where the idea was that after using Deli or FTP, I could quickly grab a medkit out of a chest (or get one beforehand) and always be ready to quickly heal up as soon as Broken ended. It still works, but it's a lot slower now and not nearly as valuable.

Then Hope is kinda just there to provide a boost in endgame. I wanted an endgame perk but Adrenaline isn't good with two perks that inflict Broken, so I chose Hope instead.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,543
    Options

We like thematic/restricted builds with our loadouts so we rarely see someone do similar.

Ex: Billy is a juggernaut (enduring, lightborn, iron grasp, hubris/mad grit/spirit fury [based off mood]), Pallet eater bubba (Eduring fury, hubris, brutal strength), unpredictable blight (tinkerer, dark devotion, trail of torment, eruption)

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    edited May 2023
    Options

The Doctor

Distressing and Hexes Retribution, Plaything, and Pentimento w/ at least one Discipline addon.

Little known fact, based on the fact I've seen no one else utilize it on YouTube: Static Blast hits Oblivious Survivors.

The Discipline addon is to take advantage of the "Red Stain moves to the survivor" element. Second addon is flex. Distressing and Pentimento can be flexed, too. I use them for greater Static Blast range and slowdown/more potential uses for Retribution.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 943
    Options

recently I have been using botany knowledge, desperate measures, self care and reactive healing not only dose this let me heal my teammates really fast throughout the match but it allows me to heal myself between 16 seconds to 8 seconds which really hurts the killer if they are playing hit and run.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,381
    Options
  • rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 215
    edited May 2023
    Options

For survivor I like my Inner Healing, Head On, Quick and Quiet, and Blast Mine. It lets me have fun regardless of a win or loss. It gives me little boosts during matches based on what I've been doing e.g. chase, gens, or bones. It's maybe not a super unique "signature" build but I like it.

My killer builds vary dramatically depending on who i play lol

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 171
    Options

I posted this (off topic) in another thread but it is probably most relevant here so a bit of copy and paste of my answer there!

Pre update it was:

CoH, Boon Exponential, For the People, We’ll make it/Built to Last/Streetwise

Post update, the same as above but CoH removed and now use we’ll make it or soulguard.

The amount of value I got from CoH and Expo as well as my ability to self heal to apply for the people numerous times meant I often play the ‘nurse’ of the team.

I’ll just say that in most matches, the killers were probably not as experienced so kept trying to slug and not realised boon expo was up so didn’t snuff out. So probably not against high tier killer - which is fine cos I’m not a high tier survivor either! So this isn’t a brag, just context that at my MMR level, I’ll be stomped by killers in 29/30 matches and have a wonderful and epic escape on the 1/30.

When all the stars aligned, I have the ‘full combo’ special move of my build which I’ve only done a handful of times:

A team mate on hook, another slugged at the foot of that hooked survivor and another being carried by the killer. I’ll go for the unhook making killer come toward the hook to put them on it - unhook > drop a flashbang so it blind saves the carried survivor quickly apply for the people on the slugged teammate and then scarper the heck ouf of there!

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,425
    Options

Nah, I'm just kidding. But someone was about to start typing lol.

Real build. Sometimes I throw on PR if I feel like it.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,130
    edited May 2023
    Options
    • Pain Res
    • Thrilling Tremors
    • Dead Man's Switch
    • Flex Perk

The combination of these perks creates some interesting scenarios. When you down a survivor, and pick them up, thrilling will show you where all the other survivors are. If gens are unblocked, pain res will hit the unblocked gen even if a blocked one has more progress, which lets you directly target whoever is working a gen. DMS then blocks that gen and shows you where to go.

Double kicker, is that if survivors catch on to this, and let go so all the gens get blocked by thrilling. The timer on thrilling is JUUUUST short enough, that you can wait out the wiggle, and just as thrilling comes off, you can hook the pain res, and often still hit the combo right as survivors get back on the gen.

This is just what i used on every killer as a "baseline" set. Right now i'm working out some others as the change to pain res makes this combo a bit weaker.

For survivor, i have lately been doing:

• Overcome
    • Inner Healing
    • Iron Will
    • Lucky Break

And it has been working quite well for me escaping from a killer most games.

Have a few killer specific ones i'm working out as well right now, but with the perk changes i'm still testing a bunch of things out.

• LiveBritishReaction
    LiveBritishReaction Member Posts: 426
    edited May 2023
    Options

I've seen more than a few antiheal Wesker builds with Coulrophobia, but I really like the one I use: Coulro, Distressing, Terminus, and No Way Out. Wesker has a big TR by default, and Distrassing makes it even bigger, so you're getting tons of Coulrophobia value, and then if you've been chasing well and getting good hook pressure, not only is No Way Out a good perk on its own, but because Terminus only deactivates 30 seconds after a gate has been opened, 4 NWO tokens guarantees that, at the absolute bare minimum, survivors spend almost 2 full minutes after the gens are powered completely unable to heal thanks to Terminus. It's NOED but better with this build.

I know there are like 5 Twins players on the planet but if any of them can read this—I'm not exaggerating when I say that Dark Devotion is legitimately one of their best perks. Victor can activate DD despite not having a Terror Radius, and the obsession's TR stays even if you're playing as Victor, so having a fake TR on the map as a killer whose Terror Radius uptime is inconsistent and sporadic messes with survivors SO bad. Stealthy Charlotte gets people just as much as Victor hiding inside of a Terror Radius he's not supposed to coexist with. It's so good and I never take it off on my Twins.

As survivor: Just look at my pfp lol. Solidarity4Lyfe

• TeeEm06
    TeeEm06 Member Posts: 2
    Options

The "######### My Team" Build

Left Behind, Sole Survivor, Sprint Burst, and whatever perk I feel like using. Usually decisive strike. Sometimes self-preservation or lucky break.

I'll do gens, get saves (usually hehe) and play the game but if the game starts to look bad? I'm running at first sight of a terror radius, I'll run to injured teammates to let them die. I don't care. I'll then escape through hatch with my trusty key.

• Haven414
    Haven414 Member Posts: 97
    Options

One of my favorite ghost face builds:

Add-ons: Security Camera and Driver's License

Perks: Hex: Pentimento, Shattered Hope, Merciless Storm, and whatever else

Idk why, but these always seem to work great with each other

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Ah, I had a signature build. I dare say it was my all-time favorite build in the entire game:

The sad thing about this build is that it does not work anymore. But if you are an older player, like I am, you already know what this build was about.

And for those who don't recognize it, let me tell you this: it was basically Mirror Myers, but stronger and far more fun to play as / against.

I honestly had a blast with it during the good old days.

• PowZapBamWoofMeow
    PowZapBamWoofMeow Member Posts: 195
    Options

Survivor is always Prove Thyself mostly for BP, Windows cuz I suck at looping killer for long, Lithe and usually Off the Record.

I’ll swap out Windows & Off for Ace in the hole & plunderer’s instinct when I want stuff.

For Killer it’s always Iron Grasp cuz I’m on console and controllers get max affected by Boil Over, Lighborn cus I hates flashies, then Sloppy & usually Deerhunter cuz I’m a Twins main and sometimes I lose track of downed survs, esp when I’m going for multiple downs.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

Survivor

Time waster

Deception, head on, diversion, and red herring. It's a fun meme build where you can mess with the killer a lot while still actually helping your team. Can really eat up a killers time if you can pull them in enough.

Killer

Oh so these are perks

Blood warden, No one escapes death, no way out, remember me (this one is much less original I know). I do like using it on killers you don't expect to see then on as much like huntress etc