Is being a friendly killer for an achievment a bannable thing?

Options

I would like to have the skilled huntress achievment but I really suck at playing huntress so is it bad if I play a few matches and team up with the survivors until I get the achievment?

Comments

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

I'd say it's fine if you aren't teaming in the sense of having a survivor help you kill their teammates. If you make it clear to them it's to boost it should be okay.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,760
    Options

People do that for the Nurse achievement (one of the hardest in the game I think)

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

Don’t team up with someone against others and don’t force anyone to farm and you should be good. Those two scenarios would be reportable/bannable though!

• Dennis1242
    Dennis1242 Member Posts: 99
    Options

is it bad if I force like one survivor to stand in a place so I can throw hatchets at him?

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

I'm friendly if survivors lose badly or for the last one usually. A lot of killer achievements were with help of survivors (I helped them with theirs in return). So so far not really bannable.

But counting that I sent to BHVR 5 minutes video where killer LITERALLY harassed and abused survivors (without any second guess or interpretation), they said in two letters that it's "ok, he's not using cheats". So I don't think you'd get some punishment for getting help from survivors. Only "gg" and "thanks" in EGC.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    edited May 2023
    Options

I tend to get friendly if there's an early DC or of I'm just feeling like it (I got whatever I wanted from the match and am not feeling sweaty).

Most recently had some doctor matches. One had 2 DCs so, some hassling for the hell of it aside I let the last two do gens and go and had a nice endgame chat with one.

An amusing similar situation was I was going to give last one hatch but they were insistent on gens. So I just shrugged, found a spot to wait, got up, and chatted with my roommate a bit.

• Haven414
    Haven414 Member Posts: 97
    Options

Not bad at all. I once played as ghost face and I picked up and dropped the last survivor until they could stand up, letting them escape, just so I could finish a stalk challenge. It was freaking clutch, but it was worth the risk.

• Dennis1242
    Dennis1242 Member Posts: 99
    Options

just swinging in the air to tell them to stay in a place or something i guess, is it a better way?

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,995
    Options

As long as doing so doesnt force the game to never end and those who want to leave and go to a more serious game are allowed to.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    Options

As a survivor, I don't mind if you and the other 3 farm or whatever, but as soon as they tell you where I am and farm me against my will, I'm not okay with that.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,481
    Options

I wouldn’t call that forcing? They can choose to not do it and just do gens and get out?

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,660
    Options

It's fine though you can't force them to farm if they don't want to. Say 3 are helping you and one is doing gens to leave. You can't force him to stay by slugging or hooking him to try and make him stay.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Honestly just message them pregame asking for their help. I've found they're usually more than happy to help you out. It helps with the good will if you burn a bps.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,188
    edited May 2023
    Options

As long as you are not teaming up with some survivors against the others, it's fine.

I presume you speak about the long-range achievement. (If I recall, that's the one requiring the most skill/hours with Huntress)

If you can convince survivors to "farm" with you, it should be all right. However usually a killer has to overwhelm survivors in order to make them understand it's better to play "nice" (by opposition to crushing them mercilessly). And even they, they don't always get it.

Sometimes just acting weird will make them understand (standing emphatically under a pallet, hitting a gen with your weapon several times ...) but in my experience the whip and the carrot is the best motivator.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

When i remember right there was a quote on loading screen while the 5th or 6th anniversary event where a dev said something like: My name is "I need 3 pallet stuns". When you see this name help me please😅. So i think that should be fine.