Say something nice about DBD.

Options
MrSlayer
MrSlayer Member Posts: 189

My matches seem more balanced than before and it's nice to see more perk variety on survivor side.

Now you say something nice:)

Comments

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    edited May 2023
    Options

Edit: comment could be construed as political, which was not the intention

Post edited by Nirgendwohin on
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,772
    edited May 2023
    Options

It gave me the opportunity to play my favorite iconic horror movie character Michael Myers.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

@Pulsar says it well off the start: it's unique and hasn't collapsed. Which in the vast sea of game clones is pretty amazing.

I'm really curious about this and would like to know more about what you mean.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

When you take a step back, DbD really has the wildest, most unlikely cast of horror characters. A crossover event only really beaten by Smash Bros.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,491
    Options
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

DBD is a very unique game with some great licenses and well designed mechanics. It has its flaws but it's still fun.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    edited May 2023
    Options

This game has made a lot of progress since 2016 and I appreciate the hard work the devs put in. It takes a lot of love to stick to a project like this years after it's launched and I'm glad that many of the people working on this game are passionate to continue working on it for the years they have.

For all the criticism we give BHVR they do listen.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,425
    Options

The licenses never meant even a little to me. I started playing because of a friend and blight is by far the best thing to come out of this game. Positive.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,906
    Options

No trial is the same and the game has been proven to be the best game so far to replicate the slasher genre, due to its clear dominance in the area.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 655
    Options

The visual, sound, and musical aspects of this game has always been really great.

i really loved the original watercolor-like texture design, and I think the new, more realistic design generally looks good too (the new Red Forest look is pretty incredible and does a great job of feeling like a claustrophobic overgrown forest). Killers always look really gnarly in the best way, and cosmetics are usually pretty phenomenal. For example, I think Dredge is one of the best looking killers they’ve ever come up with, and all the cosmetic options for it are perfect. It’s a weird, messy, scary monster in the best way.

The sound design is also really amazing. Every sound has the perfect oomph to it. Oni’s map-wide screaming when going into his power, all the weird wailing during Dredge’s nightfall, the way the Halloween theme plays when Myers powers up. It’s all just *chef kiss.*

I’ve also really loved the music, and the way it’s incorporated into the gameplay. The dynamic way the terror radius and chase music mixes together has always felt great. And the music itself is almost always incredible.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

I like the game

Enough said

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

Yui is cute

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,380
    Options

The Legion 👍

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

It was so much fun for a long time.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Most people I encounter are really fair and nice.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

Really represent how I feel about DBD

it gloomy toxic cesspool and I'm learning to just love it. SMILE

• SuperMunchkin95
    SuperMunchkin95 Member Posts: 136
    Options

The strategy is so unique, I love the Trials were the survivors know that this is some game, which for me make the game SUPER immersed. The chases... Beautiful. For a game of hide and seek, the game allows a lot. Last but not least I love games that don't take a lot time (What I mean is I love games like Minecraft and Among Us... These games at their core didn't take a lot of brainpower, But somehow the games are really fun) Dead by daylight at it's core is just a game of cat and mouse, and the rest is up the players in the Trial.

• Heytherebigguy
    Heytherebigguy Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 226
    Options

After the nerf of DH the game feels more natural and fun, in a general sense.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

I generally have fun in most games.

• MyelinXCVIII
    MyelinXCVIII Member Posts: 163
    Options

Legion chase music.

• Dhurl421
    Dhurl421 Member Posts: 154
    Options

There's nothing quite like DBD. I've only played a few times in 2 years after quitting, but always kept DBD on my PS4 knowing I'd come back to it. Not often that happens.

And despite all the current complaints, it has still been fun knocking the dust off my (minimal) skills the past few nights.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 683
    Options

The potential for meme games has always been high, and can be more fun than the game itself

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

I meet a lot of cool, fun, and friendly people on this game. Every match feels interesting and unique to me.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

Rarely before have I ever seen a team of devs that engages so thoroughly with their community. DBD is one of the easiest games to keep up with because of the open communication from devs. Not everyone is always pleased with changes, but I truly do believe the devs take our feedback into account, and take it seriously. I feel like I can make a post on these forums, and someone will read it and at the very least take it into consideration. High key, I appreciate the devs so much for everything they do for this game.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,118
    Options

DBD is one of the few multiplayer games that's really kept my attention longterm, and there's a lot of reasons for that.

I guess to pick one... the actual act of engaging with the game has only improved since I've started playing. The HUD updates, the bloodweb improvements, the challenge tracker, visual updates to a lot of maps (I was around for old Gideon's, and while we can talk a lot about the balance of the new version, god it's nice to be able to actually see in that map), things of that nature. User experience has only been getting better-- and honestly, balance isn't that far off, even if it's slower than I'd like.

DBD is a good game, at the end of the day. Not a bad one coasting on licenses or a bad one with no competition, just an actually good game.

• Haven414
    Haven414 Member Posts: 97
    Options

Killers with very satisfying hits:

Freddy

Sadako

Pig (with drill)

Pyramid head (with rites of judgement)

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,537
    edited May 2023
    Options

something nice about DBD.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

DbD gets so much ######### (including from me lol) but it’s honestly such a great game and the fact it’s still going strong after 7 years is a testament to that.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 217
    Options

Variety of characters.

A killer and survivor for every occasion.

I'll see if Huntress is free for a stroll along the beach in her hot bikini outfit.

Kidding, frame that picture and that will keep the kids away from the fire and plug sockets.

But yes variety is a winner.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Dbd is nice

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

DBD used to be pretty good.

...And that is the only good thing I can say about it.

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 605
    Options

Clown's menu music is nice. Nea is cute.

• MarylinMonhoe
    MarylinMonhoe Member Posts: 108
    Options

Carlos has big arms and nice cake.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,071
    Options

Claudette is one of my favorite characters from any video game I’ve ever played. She’s a cutie pie and I love her voice actor. I don’t even know her lore, I just like her and gave her my own lore!

The game is still fun and more balanced than it’s ever been, despite all the whining from either side. I think people just get burned out and expect too much and need to take healthy breaks from it.

The art/design team are fantastic. While I may not like all of their sense of fashion, I appreciate the hard work and attention to detail they have. I just wish they’d finally give Claudette a Bush cosmetic and that player submitted Frogette onesie from a few years ago. Unnerfing her blending powers would be nice too.

I like the variety in killer powers too. While I think they hit a ceiling on what they can do, it’s nice to have to play differently against different killers, including SM, Nurse, Blight, Mr Baldy and Bubbi Boi.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,071
    Options

He just needs a shirtless cosmetic with some nice beach shorts.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

Closing the game...

No but really, this game has really good music, sound, and art design. Probably my favorite out of all the games I've played!

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 354
    Options

The quit button at least asks you if you're sure.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

I love being able to play as Claire and also love killers who make me laugh and also jump scare me.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

I love you. All of you.

I love all of you!

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

I've met some of my closest friends because of this game, really brings people together.

• MakeThisLookGood
    MakeThisLookGood Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6
    Options

Quentin got a lore buff. That's all I can muster otherwise my central nervous system will collapse

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

I'm not noticing regression perks for killers as much as I used to (back when Knight came out). But instead they do bring a lot of aura reading. Starting to think Distortion is become core in my build perks.