Was any of you excited for the 6th anniversary? What if 7th is og chapter?

Options
ironblade
ironblade Member Posts: 270

Because I wasn't. The new map, garden of 'pain', is the worst map I could think of. The bushes and hitboxes ruins most of the killer roster. Props blocking loops. The huge building with god windows and a million safe pallets next to the shack.

Then you have Dredge which is rated average by the community. Not many likes him and I barely see a dredge so that's that, and then you have Haddie Kaur. Enough said, right? Oh wait the perks. lmao only Darkness Revealed is good but the rest are trash especially haddie kaur's perks.

But then check this out. What if the 7th anniversary is an original chapter? Now, a lot of people were disappointed with the past original chapters namely Tools of Torment (Skull Merchant) and Forged in Fog (Knight). Would I be excited if the 7th anniversary is a original chapter?

No.

Comments

• fisticuffs
    fisticuffs Member Posts: 20
    Options

if this is another original anniversary chapter then ill officially quit dbd. Ill send proof too. it has been proven over and over that bhvr cant make a good original chapter. dull merchant and snooze knight, lame nightfall sludge dredge that makes you blind for a minute. Boring anti loop artist. trickster 😪 slugging twins😴💤

this will finally hit the nail to the coffin and many more players will quit or continue to take a break from this game.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I don't care either way. I just want a good chapter. I honestly can't remember the last chapter I liked.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,769
    Options

I'm fine with original chapters, and I enjoyed last year's anniversary. Knight's release was meh and the less said about SM the better, but that doesn't mean every original chapter is a bust.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,492
    Options

He's also an accessibility nightmare.

Nightfall gives me awful headaches to the point where I genuinely don't want to play.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,769
    Options

I pretty much become useless during Nightfall. I like Dredge but just take my headphones off during Nightfall. Definitely his biggest downside imo

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,492
    Options

I am both glad that I'm not alone in my suffering but also saddened to hear that other people are dealing with the same issue.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,086
    Options

You have no idea how excited I was with 6th anniversary.

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    xPrinceHarlequinx Member Posts: 180
    Options

I actually have to agree. I just want a fun killer and interesting perks. Sadako was licenced content and she is one of the most boring killers to play in the entire game. I just want the devs to design a killer that actually has a skill ceiling instead of a power that just promotes leave loop and hold w.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

6th anniversary was bad tho.

We got very boring og chapter. New boring killer (Dredge), new garbage survivor (Haddie) and very unbalanced map (Garden of Joy).

So i am not expecting anything good for 7th aswell.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

I was actually really excited for the Dredge. He looked unlike any killer we had ever seen before, and brought a power I'd been wanting to see for a long time (cloaking the map in darkness). I was a huge fan of Haddie's design too, and overall liked her perks, even if they were kinda weak.

So I know DBD can pull out some cool OG Anniversary chapters. That being said, I would be kinda dissapointed if the upcoming chapter was OG, but that's because we had two of them in a row and I would like to see a liscensed killer come in. OG chapters can be fun, but seeing how the devs design a power for an existing character is a different kind of fun, one that we've been lacking in lately.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I joined during the 6th anniversary, and really enjoyed having a non-human killer join the cast. I'm all for monsters and feral humans like my girl Hag.

I'd be happy to have an original chapter.

I'm not a huge horror license fan, and so I find I tend to enjoy the original chapter characters more. It hurts to say that, considering I don't like medieval esthetics or robotics, so the last 2 were duds in my opinion. But Dredge is great, Artist and Blight are great, I love Legion, Hag is love, DbD-Ghostface is amazing.

I'd just prefer for it to be closer to themes I enjoy, like a monstruous, animalistic, body horror or paranormal killer.

I would feel letdown by a licensed killer just as easily as by an original chapter, if it was for example Child's Play, yet another RE chapter, or a random hooded guy with a knife from a license I wouldn't know.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

There were quite a few that were excited for that chapter. I'm not one of these people though.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

I love The Dredge conceptually, but it fails in execution.

• fisticuffs
    fisticuffs Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2023
    Options

🤡? i send proof once they reveal it. read again ill send proof that im quitting the game ill make a gif where i uninstall dead by daylight only if the anniversary chapter is original.

• Dhurl421
    Dhurl421 Member Posts: 154
    Options

I'm fine with an Original or Licensed Chapter, we just need a fun, strong Killer, and decent Perks for both sides.

• Haven414
    Haven414 Member Posts: 97
    edited May 2023
    Options

Garden of Joy isn't the best map, but it isn't that bad. And I play Ghost Face. Also the map looks cool and I think it's a nice addition.

The Dredge is one of the best killers I've seen. He has a very creative power and he's super fun to play as and against. Also, he has some of the best cosmetic potential that BHVR really used to the fullest.

I forget what Haddie's perks are so I don't have much of an opinion, but she seems really cool as a survivor.

Yes, Darkness Revealed is amazing.

Septic Touch is kinda bad, I admit that.

Dissolution is actually awesome and can be really fun if you use it right.

As for the 7th anniversary chapter, I was really hoping it would be licensed, but I can't think of anything that could be called "The Singularity". However, judging by the name, it sounds very cool and I really hope it turns out to be as fun as The Ghost Face and creative as The Dredge.

Skull Merchant was a sad experience and The Knight was an experience to say the least. The Knight wasn't too bad, honestly, and he got a little better, but Skull Merchant definitely showed some kind of decline so I really hope they pick it back up with The Singularity.

• Kirarozu
    Kirarozu Member Posts: 240
    Options

I'm excited for the BP offerings. I'm gonna load them all on my favorite survivors/killers. I only plan to put BP into them this time instead of leveling killers/survivors I never play.

• EmmaFrostyEyes
    EmmaFrostyEyes Member Posts: 685
    Options

I wasnt. Haddie is ugly and lame, perks sucked, map was terrible abd dredges knightfall hurts my eyes. This next chapter better be licensed

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562
    Options

I prefer original chapters, because they have more freedom to release more skins however they want and aren't restricted to just the licensed outfits.

• Donleov
    Donleov Member Posts: 117
    Options

I was until I saw the killer, which is a bumer because dredge is a cool design, but not for a aniversary release. If it is an og character it needs to be extremely good or a lot of people will just leave. Knight - Skull and a bad aniversary will be devastating.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,314
    Options

I don't really mind either way. The important thing is for the new killer to actually be fun, not whether it's licenced or not.

• LooeDbD
    LooeDbD Member Posts: 163
    Options

most people play this game for licensed stuff

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

I might have said this before, but I really like your username.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options

Was/is he? I've been on a break from DBD for awhile or playing so very rarely and interacting with the community less. Just from playing other games.

Back to the point I was getting to...I never really gave him a chance or even really played him besides...idk sub 5 games. Is he really that fun? (I'm being genuine not mocking lol)

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,732
    Options

You're right, I read it again and I initially read it wrong. I'll take the L on that one.