NOED. Why is every survivor main complaining about it?

Options
tt_ivi_99
tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Is It because the DS nerf? Is it because every killer runs it? Is it because you think it's a broken perk?

Seriously, instead of asking for nerfs and totem counters, why dont you just equip small game, a map or detective's hunch? You'll see how "broken" this perk is. You could also learn those totem spots, it's not that difficult.

And for those complaining about how boring it is to cleanse totems... It's the same as doing gens so you lose all credibility by saying that...

The only "nerf" this perk needs is a totem counter.

Let me tell you one thing, if you want to gen rush face the consequences that come with it, just like killers who camp have to face theirs.

Comments

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

^^^

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    edited March 2019
    Options

Because of ds "nerf" yes. I don't care about Noed because I don't use it. If they get me with it I don't care either, by then I got enough points to pip.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

NOED is fine imo; people say it rewards the killer for failure which I find rediculous, it punishes survivors for failure, in not cleansing totems. NOED is rather balanced as OP stated. Be happy that it is a totem at all and not pre- Of Mud and Blood.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Objectively speaking, the survivors simply dislike getting oneshit out of a sudden right before they were in position to win.

Subjectively theyre hypocrites for laughing at killers after "sick endgame rescues" but crying about getting up to 4 persons shot down while they WERE ahead.

• Bloodartist
    Bloodartist Member Posts: 123
    edited March 2019
    Options

More like, they hate wasting any time slowplaying, looking for totems and ****.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options

On my last games i see many times noed not active becose survs start destroy totems.Well i think we can say this is evolution.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

Because doing totem is sooooooooooooo hard /s

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187
    Options

I've never understood the NOED hatred.It has no effect until the gens are done so you're only 3 perkin' until the end game. It can be completely removed before it even comes into effect and during. If it's come into effect then the survivors that have to worry about it have probably done enough to rank up.

So...eh....

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Guess some survivors biggest reward is to t-bag at the exit and noed sometimes deny them of that.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462
    Options

NOED and DS have something in common. They both aren't fun to play against and it feels incredibly bad to lose against either of these perks, especially if you played well in that trial.

As a killer main, my belief lies that DS was incredibly irritating to play against and should have been addressed a long time ago. I also believe that NOED has realistic counters to it, so they can't be compared in the same light. However, I can understand how survivors feel to play against an irritating perk. I empathize with this feeling as should every other killer main. No one wants to play against a perk like that. We didn't when we played against DS.

So, survivors are looking at it like that. If they fixed "the irritating perk" for killers, why didn't they fix "the irritating perk" for survivors? The argument of killer's is, "just cleanse dull totems" (which I am in this boat) but the survivors' argument is, "it's not that easy when there's no coordination". To be perfectly honest with you, I agree they should at a minimum add a default UI display that shows totems left for both survivor's and killer's screens. There would be no reason a solo survivor should be able to complain about NOED again if this was implemented.

Survivors don't have to worry about NOED.

Killers that don't use NOED can feel a little relief of pressure on gens with the cleansing of totems.

Killers that use NOED can continue to punish survivors that don't cleanse dull totems.

Everyone wins.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    Options

Might as well remove the killer endgame and skip right to endscreen after gens are done if you want the game to be like this.

• MhhBurgers
    Options

"Survivors do not deserve the hatch because they have not done every gen". See how this works? A killer can not kill anyone and still play very good. The current game just does not give killers enough time to down everybody twice before killing anybody. Even if you end EVERY chase in 20 seconds which is absolutely unrealistic, hooking everybody twice would take 160 seconds. Let's say 2 survivors work on gens during this time, they'd have done 4 gens by this time even in such an unrealistic scenario.

• Misa22
    Misa22 Member Posts: 36
    Options

I play killer and I complain lol.

For me, it shouldn't have that stupid speed boost, the 1hit ko is way too good as it is.

• Larcz
    Options

This speed buf is need if surv got adrenalin sb lithe hope etc.Not all killers got ability to put surv on ground one good atack.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

Especily a noed remember me bloodwarden combo lol thats just a big f you to them

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

The movement speed is why its good, without it you will just be looped like during the game

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options

I got a 4kbas Billythe other day as the Las survivor did the gen and I had tinker lol man was they shocked they didant expert a one shot biĺly yo have noed

• Larcz
    Options

Yeah that is suprise or Mayerys with noed :D Later you can read in end game lobby what noob and bsby killer you are if you use noed on this killer hahaha.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited March 2019
    Options

You know what will happen if survivors did run those perks and cleansed totems with NOED then being always destroyed.

There would be lots of posts about how NOED is now useless and it needs a buff, it's a never ending cycle.

I don't know if you remember all the posts in the past about camping, there used to be 10 times what they are now and the response was do gens to punish it.

A couple of months later and it's gen rush is getting out of hand, devs do something about it, be careful what you wish for.

• tt_ivi_99
    Options

I dont really need the one hit kill, I need time to kill all survivors. I only use NOED when I play as Piggy because survivors dont even worry about the RBT, they just Gen Rush. So I use NOED and save RBT for the end game.

• MhhBurgers
    Options

Stop sweet talking yourself, you need the onehit kill to even utilize the RBT then.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

It's the most laughable complaint I have ever seen of Survivors VS Killers shite xD

• tt_ivi_99
    Options

What Im trying to say is: If survivors actually cared about cleansing totems I wouldnt run NOED, because I would have time to find them and kill them. Im not sweet talking to myself lmao, it's the truth.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Which is my point, to combat certain things doing gens quickly is the best way, NOED helps with that scenario but if the survivors started doing what you said in the OP with those perks how long would it actually add onto the game? Around 1 min probably.

Again be careful what you wish for, right now survivors complain just like they did before, if they ever do adapt like some did then the tide shifts and your strat becomes less viable, then what?

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

Yeah if i am about to equip all the perks needed to counter broken mechanics, i would need double the number of perk slots. So not thats just not even abpout to be an argument. But its possible to balance broken perks like NOED. Just do this DEVs!

• MhhBurgers
    edited March 2019
    Options

All killerperks are counterable without having friggin perks, what the heck are you talking about.

The only exception being the first spiritfury+enduring combo in a game that you will get hit by, after that you can easily play around it.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    Options

Cause many bad killers use that perk i use it myself.

Only cause its a meme to have noed 1

• MhhBurgers
    Options

I only consider billy and nurse to be bad when they use it because they can manage endgame without noed well if they're good enough. The other killers will reach endgame much more often and not have a chance to down somebody at that point before gates are opened.

• tt_ivi_99
    Options

How many of those "broken mechanics" are in the game? Pls tell me cuz I dont seem to find them...

Oh wait, yh I know what you are talking about... DS, Adrenaline, Sprint Burst, Insta-heals, infinite loops, Toolboxes with Brand New Parts, etc...

• Bloodartist
    Bloodartist Member Posts: 123
    Options

I haven't used NOED in ages with my main killers. When I did use it, it was as a crutch perk against gen rushing in order to get some hooks at all. Since killer situation and game balance has improved tremendously since then, I don't feel the need to run NOED at all.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    Options

It's a mediocre perk.

The perk is to counter gen rushing.

Survivors don't want to do totems.

Only lower ranked killers run it.

Pretty much survivors expect a free escape every game and now that their perk for a free escape has been reworked, they want nerfs to killer perks that deny them a free escape.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,523
    Options

Its a great counter to the time wasting tea bagging taunter's, so....

When I play survivor, its always solo, so 80% of the time run small game jut to be sure all totems are busted. Sometimes there aren't any hexes, but its just the risk I chose to take. To be honest, most of the time I play Survivor, I don't make it to NOED, but hey ho!

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,644
    Options

Not complaining about NOED, but about some players using it. Like, if a Nurse, Billy or Spirit is using NOED; they are bad players. Those are by far the best Killers in the game and when they need NOED, it seems to be the player who is not good enough.

NOED itself is simply bad gamedesign. It is a bad designed End Game-Perk. An example of a good designed End Game Perk would be Rancor, it gives some form of Benefit to the Obsession while making it "guaranteed" (if this person is catched) to get a Kill.

Small Game is not a good counter vs NOED. I cleanse every Totem I find (except when the last Gen is almost done and I sit right next to the Totem, so I might cleanse it if it lits up), but there is no guarantee my Teammates are doing the same (even if I dont know why, because Totems give a good amount of points in a short time...).

Small Game would simply take me out of the Game until the Totems are cleansed, making it a 3v1. This means, I cannot do Gens, I cannot unhook someone, I cannot go on chases to distract the Killer. And I still would need to check Totem Spots, if I did not find all 5 Totems on my own, to see if I missed some Totems or if they were already cleansed.

But sadly, NOED will not go, Killer Mains are asking for more and more. Even with the DS-Nerf some even want the Perk to be removed... But well. It is how it is.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Options

Not EVERY survivor main thinks that and only trash killers who aren't good run noed, it only takes five totems to break to get rid of it so if you want to waste a perk slot be my guest

• preetygoodforumsofar
    preetygoodforumsofar Member Posts: 81
    Options

just like why killer hate DS

both perk give you free win without any work

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

Because survivors cant bully noob killers equipped with Noed

• tt_ivi_99
    Options

What to know what bad game design is? The speed at which survivors can complete their objective.

• tt_ivi_99
    Options

Killers no longer hate DS because it will have counters when it's rework hits live servers. Yet survivors hate NOED despite being countarable since it was made a hex totem...

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,644
    Options

This does not change anything on my opinion.

I mean, you can come up with "DS is bad gamedesign" and I would 100% agree. But this would not make NOED a better gamedesign for me.

If you have counter-arguments, bring them. But saying "X is bad gamedesign" is not a counter-argument.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

It was counterable before as well, since it was on a two-minute timer and still required the killer to actually find you. Before that, people just opened the doors and GTFO'd.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

Like I keep saying to survivors when they get salty cos they died, or if I tunneled them for an obsession perk of something. I always turn round and say next time I will fetch my toolbox and give you hand with the gens next time. They soon stop messaging me lol

• Babatom
    Babatom Member Posts: 23
    Options

I have no issue with Noed, BUT I do think the number of standing totems should be added as a UI element alongside the gens, even if just added as a buff to Small Game. It's all good saying 'just get the totems', but getting them is often a case of wandering around the map, lost and unaware of how many have already been cleansed/ are still standing.

Maps are rare.

Detective's Hunch has a range limit and a very specific requirement, often met only once per game.

Small game lacks information.

At present, the only reliable counter to noed is luck, or a SWF 4-stack in a discord server, and we know how the community feels about those. Solo queuing survivors can't do much more than simply get the totems they see and cross their fingers that others are doing the same, which they often aren't.

Does noed have counters? Yes. Are they reliable? No. Are they biased towards 4-stacks? Yes.

I think this is where the frustration comes from.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

Than it looks like many of those low ranks are already red ranks. I see every second to third game a NOED-perk on red ranks. Even Insta-down killer like billy or LF run this. Its just ridiculous.

omg just get reasonable man.

• JFF
    JFF Member Posts: 166
    edited March 2019
    Options

The thing I really dislike about NOED is it rewards campers and bad killers, especially if you're solo against a camper. That's not a good game design, since you're forced to get gens ASAP. You can't waste time by walking around the map looking for totems without knowing how many have been cleansed. As some peope mentioned already, NOED has counter, but not a reliabe one.