Is it time to retire Myer's wallhack addon?

Options
Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063

The devs allow him to cheat because they love seeing jumpscare clips and compilations.

It's been 7 years. Have they had enough?

Blight addons should absolutely be the priority (even though I see Blight 1 in every 60 matches at my MMR)

Comments

• Nos37
    Options

Trapper's worse.

Should the devs give him an addon that lets him glide across the map at 400% speed?

• Nos37
    Options

"lmao gg ez" <--- From the person playing a "pretty weak killer"

• Nos37
    Options

Fine. Keep the addon.

Just remove map offering's ability to guarantee an indoor map.

Burning a map offering means you WON'T go to a specific realm instead.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

The addon (Scratch Mirror) isn't problem.

It might look OP but this isn't as strong as infinite tier 3 or Tombstone piecce.

The problem is indoor map offering.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,627
    Options

He's why I groan out loud every time I see a Lerys offering lmao though last time I saw one he went afk at the start of the match cos a survivor brought an offering too and won the RNG. Ultimately I don't mind it because I don't see it frequently.

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options

Use shadow step, it will really mess him up, until he finds it and snuffs it, just pray he dont find you first, sadly he is the only one that can counter distortion fully since never no TR and also for the ones who say he have no lunge, every myers I know who use scratch myers always uses that brown add on to give him 50% lunge increase so I dont think his lunge would be off by much.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,140
    Options

I don't love him. I find him super annoying because they only do it on indoor maps and they always hook-camp.

• Chaos_Brother
    Chaos_Brother Member Posts: 376
    Options

No, that has counterplay, but his Purple Tombstone Piece needs adjustments.

There is no counterplay whatsoever if you are hooked and he happens to be camping with a 99'd Tier 3. As soon as the teammate approaches, he can pop Tier 3 on the teammate during the unhook animation and mori you the second you are unhooked. Even with the upcoming changes to camping this will likely still be a problem.

There is also very little counterplay if you are 90-95% complete on a gen and happen to not get any skill checks when he approaches you with a 99’d Tier 3. Usually, the strategy is to just keep missing skill checks so that he must grab you instead of the mori. It’s really annoying having to walk on eggshells with a tier 2 Myers and hide in lockers instead of doing gens.

This is why Myers is my least favourite killer in the entire game to go against, I hate that anxiety and having to walk on eggshells against Myers players.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

The mirror myers in my games usually have a hard time. I'm surprised people see this actually as cheating. Not even Lerys guarantees a free win when you play this addons on this map.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,240
    Options

Yeah, obviously. Myers is so strong that there are, like, 3 maps where this can actually help him. Please nerf.

Seriously, Scratched Mirror sucks on every outdoor map and even on indoor maps it's not super good. Vanity Mirror can actually work but it makes him a M1 killer with the power of seeing auras on command. Only, that is not going to help him much in chase because he gets slowed to be way slower than the survivor (23%) when he uses it. And he still has a TR.

• coolgue1
    coolgue1 Member Posts: 81
    Options

wish they would just rework ghost face Myers and the pig so none of the have on demand no terror radius it super annoying and most my teammates dc because they don't know how to stop spanning their no terrors' just to get a free hit off on a gen ghost face is the worst for this and only going to get even more worse after the new update

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,020
    Options

Skill issue. Scratched mirror Myers isn’t even that common

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795
    edited May 2023
    Options

I would prefer if it was a game mode rather than in base game or that I would be notified that the killer is playing broken mirror myers. If I had few poopy games in row I am not going to be arsed to deal with hit and run gamestyle with little to no feedback especially with medkits nerfs.

People are too paranoid to heal me while they can see that killer is chasing someone else how will they heal me if killer can attack them at any time.

Not to mention that the best way to deal with it is to rush the gens since you don't want to chase with that addon as a killer.

Lastly it requires indoor map, so if someone happens to play another map offering the match is over before it started.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    edited May 2023
    Options

If anything, id be okay if they removed the addons just to make them basekit

Post edited by IWasLeft2Die on
  • Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,620
    Options

You can’t be this serious…

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,082
    Options

You have to use monitor abuse perk and rabbit add on which reduces terror radius in tier 2 with vanity mirror then it's almost like playing with mirror but with 115% and normal lunge. Just I think his aura reading should have bigger range.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,240
    Options

I know that but it comes with the price of 2 addons and a perk to be a stealthy M1 killer with a neat aura reading ability. My point is, that this is simply not a threat against survivors that know how to play against Wraith (who can do pretty much the same with only 1 addon). In chase the Vanity Mirror will not give you much value, especially on tiles where the survivor can see you (like most loops we have).

TL;DR: It's fine. Not good, not bad. Just "fine".

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

These add-ons only work indoors. Otherwise people just make fun of a slowly moving Myers. Definitely a great modifier to a killer adding a unique playstyle. It secured many a wins for me. Hope this will never get changed.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,600
    Options

If you see a Lerys or RPD offering put by the killer you expect that he will be a jumpscare Myers, so take that as a notification.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

then is that an issue with the addon or the players? In my experience nearly all jumpscare myers just go to leris and run around scaring people. Its really the one thing in this game thats actually kinda scary

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Complaining about Stealth killers having Undetectable that's like complaining about fishes swimming in water instead of air.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,753
    Options

You know, I'd never thought someone would complain about Myer's Mirror addons outside of also complaining about how stupid Map Offerings are, but here we are

The Mirror addons are fine as is, you lose out on the Instadowns and, in the case of Scratched Mirror, your ability to lunge, they're not a issue

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,933
    Options

I couldn't believe it myself, but then encountered just one such individual in the wilds, yesterday. Here are some screencaps.

The fun thing is that they also played a map offering and wanted to send me to the game, so there is that hypocracy :D (well, they were no big SWF, afaik, but still). The game went like this: I chased a Meg, she got away, I found a Jake and got the jump on him, hung him to try in the basement, intercepted that David, that gave me the lip after the game, and when I was on my way to the other side of the map, they both killed themselves on the basement hook.

The David player then went on a pretty fun tirade about how bad players copying some youtubers strong builds are ruining the game I guess, and that I should think for myself and play my own style. I mean, nothing in my build came into play besides the scratched mirror, and I was just going for some good spooks. But especially the talk in the end was entertaining.

• Cyn0_0
    Cyn0_0 Member Posts: 84
    Options

Personally I really like playing against Scratched Mirror, I think it's a lot of fun so I'd be pretty sad to see it go. I also think it could use a slight buff, giving him slightly faster tier 1 movement speed, not as fast as tier 2, but just a lil bump in the numbers, but I also understand why they dont.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,134
    Options

Do you know how much killers would love to banish map offerings?

• ieatswf
    ieatswf Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6
    Options

Do you hate fun? Like seriously, they are not strong addons. One limits him to tier 2, essentially making him a better trapless trapper. The other limits him to tier 1. What's the problem? You're complaining about the second worst killer in the game. There are much more op addons of his that you could be mad about. For example, infinite tier 3 and tombstones.

• Doomzilla
    Doomzilla Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 133
    Options

So you would rather inadvertently buff killers like Blight and nurse (allowing them to pick maps that favor them) than just admit you’re not very good at survivor? How selfish, sir!

• James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266
    Options

Boyfriends memo adds 50%. +50% of 0.2 is still just barely over half the distance of literally every single other lunge on every other killer so even with it he still has no lunge.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Unless he gets massive buffs that put him at least A Tier or S Tier, then his aura addons are fine. They already limit him enough anyway.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,283
    Options

Both mirror addons are statistically terrible. They're -only- good on indoor maps and good survivors will still be able to play around them. They also completely remove the only thing Myers has going for him which is his t3, you're literally playing an m1 killer and even if you can get an easier first hit, they'll get to a loop and you're screwed.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,228
    Options

I wish I ran into Scratched Mirror Myers; over 90% of the time it's Tombstone or Fragrant Tuft.