Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The hatch player

Usually as killer i end up having to go an extra 5-10 minutes because of the hatch player who needs his extra bloodpoints. If escaping through the door would give the same amount of points as the hatch maybe we could stop this. As i am writing this after i had to wait 20 minutes for the hatch player, after the gates were powered. I honestly just feel like disconnecting at this point when it comes to endgame and there is one survivor left.

i have head about the new end game and hatch, will this finally be solved?

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Hatch closing mechanic has been dismissed completely apparently, so I wouldnt expect anything soon

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

They should arm wrestle the killer lols.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited March 2019

If I remember correctly I said in one thread some time ago that the hatch must stay closed if there are only one survivor remaining and there are gates opened.

It also annoy me, Why I must waste time for the whim of someone who wants a few extra BP?

• Tarehjerne
    Tarehjerne Member Posts: 28

Good to see that a lot of people are with me on this one, though i doubt the devs will take action. For me the hatch sometimes help me at the end-game although the gates are powered, the best solution would be to let the gate escape be the primary objective and therefore give the most bloodpoints. This would discourage the frequent hatch player and save a few minutes of the killers time.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited March 2019

I play often to do x2 gennies + hatch escape, cuz trolling the killer n unhooking is more exciting + faster than working (on gennies)

• Tarehjerne

My issue is when you as a killer has screwed up and they make you wait so much more for the little 2k bps. I have no problem with fast phase games, i usually enjoy them.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

While the hatch closing mechanic is a complex topic, changing the amount of bloodpoints is simple. So yes, absolutely, reward a hatch escape with the same bp as an escape through the exit gate. That's a quick and easy solution to some problematic situations.

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194

I wouldn’t even mind less bp for a hatch escape. My reasoning is:

1. the hatch opens after the gates are opened and the other survivors have left leaving that last survivor to hide or whatever just to gain the extra 2k bp. Hatch can be useful after gates are powered for a hook rescue and escape but less bp should encourage those greedy survivors that hang around just for hatch just to leave via gate.
    2. hatch spawns because you are last survivor but have enough gems finished. Why, I’m this situation, should a survivor get more bp than a gate escape? The survivors have failed to work successfully as a team to completely overcome the killer. They’ve done enough work for hatch to spawn so one of them can escape but I see no reason why they should get more bp for essentially a failed match.

Less np for me as a survivor main is acceptable and would hopefully put an end to those drawn out matches where survivors are just being greedy. It wouldn’t solve hatch standoffs though.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

I give myself 20-30 seconds to find the hatch before throwing myself at the killer. I don't have time for that, i could have played another game and got WAY more than just hatch points. Unless the killer was being toxic(ie: camping with 5 gens left).

Maybe i'm just "survivor minded" when intentionally allowing the killer to get 4k because they didn't play like an ass.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

Escape is overrated. 4k's also. Instead of wasting time you can play more games. But some people have big egos and are impulsive.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

People don't realize it's a two way-street. You both want your points, you both want an intended outcome from this, you both are screwed if the other wins over. you can complain about the survivor, and the survivor can complain about the killer, but you both put yourself in a situation in which a hatch stand-off was possible. If the survivors performed better they wouldve just walked out the gate, if the killer performed better they wouldnt have had the chance to reach the hatch. Nobody truly wins except the person with the most patience / inflated sense of ego.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

This isn't about the hatch standoff. The situation here is that the gates are open and there is really no benefit for the survivor to go for the hatch other than pointless greed since he can just go through the gates and take his win then and there

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Gate open, hatch closes itself, would be a nice QoL change, even before considering all future endgame /hatch changes.

• Tarehjerne

True, although i am talking about the hatch player that desperately needs his/her 2000 bloodpoints at the cost of my time.

• Eveline
    edited March 2019

P3 blendette with her premonition will play whole day just to get that hatch. This game attracts so many weirdos. Me included. -.-

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

It's an issue for every killer not running a tracking perk. I kind of wish they would add some kind of default whispers after a certain time just so the match will end already. Or a time limit on the hatch would be great. The best thing you can do is either run Whispers or find a high point on that map to find the other survivor. Or go AFK.

• Eveline

Whispers are garbage.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Whispers is definitely not garbage. It's one of the strongest perks a killer has.

• Tarehjerne

whisperers is alright, not bbq or ruin but its fine if you know how to use it.