Toba Landing

Shattered Square

Garden of Joy

Eyrie of Crows

Racoon City Police Department

Midwich Elementary School

Dead Dawg Saloon

Mount Ormond Resort.

You can technically even count the Underground Complex, if it we're still around I'm positive it would still only be 1 single map.

Every new killer, the dev's either release an entirely new map/realm or do updates to old realms.

Quite frankly I'm sick and tired of old maps getting updates, when we have 8 damn realms that have only 1 map in it. The last time a realm actually got an alternate was Yamaoka, probably only cause of ONI's release.

Before anyone says, RPD does not count, as they didn't add anything new really, they split the map in two due to people's complaints.

Do people realize Mount Ormond was released in December 2018, it's been 4 goddang years since the Dev's actually put some love and care to a single new realm and gave them alternate maps.

With this new update and more old maps being adjusted and their emphasis on (random map cycling). How can they not spend some time to give REALMS more maps, instead of KILLERS new ones or OLD MAPS adjustments. I think this is beyond lazy and pathetic that 4 years and not a single new alternate.

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,396
    Options

I, for one, do not want any new maps.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

I would love the town of Silent Hill being all foggy. When are they adding that? That's like the most recognizable part of Silent hill.

• BloodBird
    BloodBird Member Posts: 142
    Options

Love this roadmap btw, where it is clear and evident they never will add a new alternate to an old realm, all the way through 2024 they clearly are gonna use the same tired forumula, new killer, new map, old reword, tired old same realms.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

When they expanded the original realms we got: Cowshed, Groaning Storehouse, Gas Heaven.

I think I'm fine with no more additions.

Actually @devs please stop releasing new maps until you learn how to properly make them

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

Agreed. There are 40+ maps, we don’t need more, we need better balancing.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,240
    Options

Agreed. After seeing the maps we got over the last year I'm really not looking forward to any new maps.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

If they fixed the broken maps first I'd be into new maps at least

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,878
    Options

I don't want expansions on existing realms. I want new maps to add more variety.

If a new chapter has some link to an existing realm, I'd want it to look vastly different, rather than similar aesthetics. For example: another "Silent Hill" realm that explores another area with a different look - maybe the green insanity of Brookhaven, the overgrown nightmare of the theatre, or the warped liminal spaces of South Ashfield Heights.

There should absolutely more maps and I would desire different balances within them. The variety is an important factor. It would be dull and boring to just sit on what we have.

• BloodBird
    Options

Don't you think having offering after offering like Garden of Joy or Midwich that goes to one and only one map is unbalancing the game allowing both killers and survivors to bully one or each side?

Whereas if most if not all realms had alternates than offering wouldn't inherently give who brought it the exact "bully" map they desire.

Bring coldwind or autohaven, you take your chances, bring midwich or garden, instant bully game. Like that's bad.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,052
    Options

I would love a new map on Ormond. Any map that’s easy on my old eyes is welcome. Just make sure there are lots of LoS blockers so I can play spooky Myers as well.

I also want a non-corrupted reskinned Midwich that’s set in the real world like you see in the beginning of that chapters trailer.

• Marc_go_solo
    Options

Whilst I do see what you're saying (if I'm right in assuming, you're suggesting 2 versions of a realm at least, whereby one map may favour killer more and another favours survivor more) and there's a good argument to be had there, my belief map offerings themselves are the problem.

The current defence to this is basically put in another map offering. The Sacrificial Ward is next to useless. Map offerings are seen as toxic (they are not). The easiest thing to do is perhaps increase the variation of cells in existing maps and remove map offerings entirely. That way we can forget about choosing maps to gain supposed advantages.

Besides, it's sometimes not as they expect. Ormand is meant to be survivor-sided, yet as killer it's one of my best maps to perform on (even though it STILL does not have a hook on the second level!)

• BloodBird
    edited May 2023
    Options

On your last point that’s certainly true of many maps. As killer sided as midwich is (though i hate it as wraith), you hook one or two wrong kills on one side and you have no hooks left for a third kill sometimes.

I ultimately think there’s no reason to make realm after realm if they are going to let them gather dust and clog survivor and killer blood webs with more crappy offerings no one cares about. The more offerings that come out the less you get other more useful items. Or if not, the less you get useful maps people like.

But it certainly upsets me to see 5 cold wind maps still being re-balanced. And a two-year plan to give us more 1 map realms.

I still say I would have preferred racoon city streets over the police station. And we could have that. If they cared enough to expand the realms.

it’s just like the lightburn mechanic, it went virtually unused for 28 killer releases. Sadako didn’t even use the mechanic even though she goes invisible, like wth.

the devs have so many facets to this game they can’t keep track of them all. With millions of bugs they can hardly address. But even with that, they focus on all the wrong areas.

Great example, they nerf healing and nerf gen regression. Killers complained about being gen rushed. So they buffed pop, than made the most gen rush perk ever called scavenger, for no reason. That perk can so easily just give you a toolbox.

What the devs focus on hurts my brain.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,629
    Options

I've been wondering the same for awhile. It'd be nice to get some more expansion in some of the realms. I thought for sure Withered Isle would have seen some talk of upcoming expansions, since you can see a motel on the outskirts of GoJ so there's a hint of more places to explore.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,413
    Options

Personally I think we have enough maps. Especially with the feature that you cannot get on the same Map twice in a row, you will have a good variety of Maps to play on so that every play-session feels different.

Also, if they would add more Maps to older Realms, this would mean no new Realms will be created. So Killers will come without their own Map. And the last time this happened (with Blight, Twins and Trickster), players were not happy either and wanted Maps for all of them.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,500
    edited May 2023
    Options

Nah, i rather have newer maps over expanding older realms with more maps.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 807
    edited May 2023
    Options

one doesn't have to deny the other. We can have new maps added, but from the existing realm. Like with Red Forest. Plague and Huntress ain't even connected in the lore, and yet they share a realm with their maps. Adding a map to a realm would only lower the chance of getting a specific map through an offering

• BloodBird
    Options

You say that as if it can't be both things.

Right now, like literally during the PTB right NOW. The singularity has his own map, when it goes live, 4 OLDER MAPS have been given re-works ON TOP of that.

Why is it so impossible for Behaviour to set aside a team specifically to work on map creation. So that when a new killer goes live, they not only come with a map, but the update comes with new maps for older realms.

I seriously don't understand why the two things are necessarily exclusive here.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

While I'd love to see more variety, its just too much to ask for. Making one map already has so many steps to do well. The concept art, renders, colors, sound design, visual design, tile placement, playtesting, size, polishing and so much more just for one. The only maps that have multiple variations as far as I know are the originals, from the release of the game. After all it'd be pretty stale to have just 3 maps to play this brand new shiny 2016 game on. So, they made more. Variety kept people playing. And I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort to make each one match the vibe of the others while also being unique in their own right.

The yamaoka maps got more variations because oni was a yamaoka. it felt lore significant and fitting to just update the yamaoka maps with variations than give oni one map. It probably takes less time to make variations of an existing map than make a whole new one, as the colors and sounds and models are all already made for the most part. The maps introduced with oni were all very unique though. No yamaoka map is like another, family residence is vastly different from sanctuary and vice versa.

TL;DR asking the devs to make 4 maps a chapter would just be far too much work every 3 months, especially with their current workload.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,500
    edited May 2023
    Options

I'm not a fan of realms having multiple map variants, especially not when it's up to something like 5 variants that each takes up some of the % from other realms to be picked, while realms with only 1 map also takes up some % from other realms to be picked, at least you know what you're getting from the realm and it's completely different from other realms.

I still hate that Temple of Purgation was placed in Red Forest instead of getting a unique realm closer to that of Eyrie, likewise to that of Clown's map being on Nurse's realm rather than having his own Circus map.

We're also missing a map for Trickster, Twins, Blight and every remaining licensed killer, they deserve their own realm and not just have them be given some old realm because it was easier to do.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,999
    Options

Yes! Too many realms with only 1 map now. I really thought they could give Blight & Twin, Trickster a new map for Crotus and Red forest, Swamp.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,999
    Options

I dont think they consider Groan store house and Coal tower are the same map. You're not going to get Coal tower again if you played it previous match, but you still have a chance to get to Store house.

The land mark is the main building, Crotus is mostly brick clutter, it can go with anything for Twins and Trickster (a small trailer area like Clown but with Neon lights). Or Red forest for Blight as the main building is a Green house.

• hex_uwu
    hex_uwu Member Posts: 201
    Options

I think people are kind of missing the point. OP isn't saying they want loads more maps to bloat out the roster, they're saying if the devs insist on creating maps for new chapters they wish they'd expand on current realms instead of creating new ones.

And like people have mentioned, this would make map offerings more balanced as instead of, for example, being guaranteed 1 map it'd be more of a gamble. I love red forest but hate temple of purgation - I wouldn't use a map offering because I don't want to risk getting sent to a map I hate. If I have a 'drop x pallets' challenge I could throw on game map offering and be guaranteed the map I want. This of course depends on other map offerings, sacrificial wards, etc but you get my point.

I'd also really love to see Garden of Joy expanded upon because I find that map really visually interesting. There are so many little stories and details throughout.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Imagine trickster getting the swamp map and stepping knee deep in a mud puddle with his fancy pants.🤣

• Marc_go_solo
    Options

Oh, with Raccoon City I too would have liked something a bit more diverse for The Mastermind than splitting RPD in two. Then again I was one of the significant minority who enjoyed the scope of the original map. It did lead to drawn out gains and getting lost, but it felt more epic to play on. Were it not for the overall dislike of RPD, a similar map based on the Spencer Mansion would have given a map a killer such as The Mastermind deserves, rather than basically doing a divorce split with Nemesis. Who got the zombie dog, I wonder!

It is puzzling that they've been introducing perks which sped up generators when the mainly killer-buff patch some time back added 10 seconds to gens because of concerns of gen speed. It's a little now like they're pushing survivors and killer into having no other options for diverse playstyles.

Maybe the devs need to go back a few steps. An interesting video made by CoconutRTS recently appears to identify a problem which could explain why the game has changed into this narrower focus and why this is not a good thing. If you're interested, the link is below.

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    Options

I still don't understand why The Shattered Square map isn't part of the Red Forest realm. Remove the reddish aesthetic of the map and it would fit right in.