Solution to bodyblocking

Options
Eveline
Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

When killer is carrying a survivor he can one hit others in the way.

Comments

• JFox
    JFox Member Posts: 41
    Options

Seems too overpowered to me, the best solution to avoid bodyblocking while carrying survivors is to just drop the one you got and attack the others.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    Options

Just hit hit them its litterly a free hit i love when survivors do that never had a problem with it

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,637
    Options

Often enough I see this happening when the Killer is too close to the hook. The Killer can still hook the Survivor then and gets free hits.

I dont see a problem with free hits.

• Eveline
    Options

It's not overpowered let the killer hook the person they wasted time chasing.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Make killers stop survivor momentum instead how it currently is.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Body blocking is not that much of a negative to a killer.

unless it's right next to an opened exit door, you've just now injured multiple survivors, even if you dropped the one you were carrying. You just need to go start another chase with one of the nearby injured ones, and now the rest need to go and waste time healing up, therefor gens are not getting done. :)

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

If bodyblocking bother you so much their is already a perk for that.

Will I understand that their is few down side for bodyblocking because of how easy and available healing is, being just able to one hit down anyone attempting to bodyblock is just silly

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515
    Options

Why? There's no point. Bodyblocking is literally countered by slugging survivors, and it takes survivors off gens to bodyblock

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited March 2019
    Options

I rarely encounter body blockers these days. It used to be way more common. Sloppy butcher and the healing nerf most likely made it less appealing.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited March 2019
    Options

What about WGLF? The perk is designed for that it's an intentional strategy.

If someone body blocks they are also not on gens, they need to heal up so think of it as another objective to slow the game down.

• Eveline
    Options

They need to insta heal you mean?

• twistedmonkey
    edited March 2019
    Options

Do you feel the need to constantly stamp your feet and post about how something is not fair?

There are many strong things in the game for either side, you know the reason for Body blocking, Insta heals and all the other annoying crap? The fact that camping and tunnelling exists.

It's just unfortunate that the ones who don't do it are the ones who probably suffer more, it's never one side only.

• Eveline
    Options

Nice try.

• twistedmonkey
    Options

I could say the same, crying about something that isn't that big of a problem because you dont know how to deal with it.

Once you get better at killer you will realise how your OP looked.

• Eveline
    Options

Ok.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options

I think bodyblocking doesn't need changes, they are wasting time aswell and u can slug to go for the bodyblockers to get more momentum (and possible snowball).

I only see bodyblocks strong in endgame, especially near the exit gate. Midgame I can deal with that pretty good

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

Bodyblocking is fine as is unless it's endgame, but even then you can still slug the downed survivor and chase the others out.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Tbh as mainly killer but also survivor I don't see bodyblocking to be a problem except when it's abused to hold the game hostage. Mad grid completely nultifies it so if anyone has huge problem with it then they should just take MG every game.

• Eveline
    edited March 2019
    Options

Rank means something if you can't reach 1. Even if it's easy.

And I'm not new but maybe you are.

• twistedmonkey
    Options

Rank literally means you have played enough nothing more, it is not an indication of skill, I can easily get to red ranks in 3 or 4 days after reset if I have the time.

A little bit of advice, when someone starts to bring rank into a conversation to try and make a point and treating it like it actually matters then they lose credibility, even the most biased of mains from either side on here wont back up that argument.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Indeed, rank is but a reward to consistency and perseverance, not skill. And bodyblocking is not a thing, you can either avoid it or drop the survivor. I wonder how you felt about fireworks then heh

• Eveline
    edited March 2019
    Options

People who are stuck at certain ranks tend to say rank doesn't matter. Not really a coincidence.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Body blocking isn't a huge issue. If a killer is letting it be that much of a problem then it's because they're making bad choices. Body blocking is already super easy to punish.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

So u really had to become rank 1 to realize that? But hitting makes u lose few secs so the surv carried can wiggle out

Why do u start so many threads with irrelevant thoughts?

• Eveline
    Options

Ok I won't start any threads anymore.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

↑This.

There's a perk designed specifically to counter body-blocking. Use it instead.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Considering we all agree that bodyblocking isn't a problem why does it sound like we are arguing?

• Eveline
    Options

Because some people get salty and have to insult you.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Options

Ya don't say? Wow, I don't think we would ever have thought of that. πŸ‘......................πŸ‘........................πŸ‘

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

We really don't need a counter to body blocking. Mad Grit is already an extremely powerful counter as is

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Again. This thread isn't suggesting anything. It's just pointing out the obvious solution to a minor annoyance. What is there to even argue against?