Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

People who vote on double rift fragments in community choice... STOP IT.

It only makes it so that you gain 2 fragments for each 500 exp. Double exp on the other hand, makes you earn twice as much exp, meaning you get the same amount of extra fragments, as double fragments would give you. However, in addition to that, you also get bonus shards, from faster leveling.

This makes bonus exp objectively better and everyone voting for fragments, should vote for that instead.

If you still don't understand, I can try to explain in more details in comments.

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I always vote for double XP, but could you please share more details, because I have wondered where the actual benefit is?

wouldn’t double rift fragments also double the amount you get for completing challenges? Which would be pretty unfair for those having already done the challenges?

• PewienCzlowiek
    PewienCzlowiek Member Posts: 21

Double fragments DO NOT double the fragments from archives, only the passive generation from exp gains. You could see that literally last week, when double fragments event took place. This makes choosing fragments over exp completely inefficient, you're basically handicapping yourself of free shards.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 635

For people who have archive completed and in some cases you may end up earning 4 rift fragments per match from 2 level ups over 3 fragments from 3x level up ( best scenario ). I had easier time progressing rift fragment during x2 RF event, especially as survivor where matches were relatively short and I was usually getting XP for 1 level up only.

• PewienCzlowiek

That's why I'm spreading awareness, and you should too. Post it on your socials #doublexp

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

Where do you vote for this?

• Green_Sliche

That depends on you - going for a ''long run'' and if you do have long matches - double XP would work. On short run with quick matches double rift fragment works just fine, especially if you don't intend to play for many hours per day.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

I'm fairly sure this is all inconsequential anyway. We're going to have multiple weeks of this, so do you really think we're getting, what 4? weeks of Double XP? No, This first week will be Double XP (if it wins), then the next week will be a vote on the remaining choices, and so on, until we have a week of each of them.

Either way, we're going to have a week of Double XP, and a week of Double Rift Fragments, etc. at some point over the anniversary period.

• NotAnotherDoctor
    NotAnotherDoctor Member Posts: 291

Yeah I don't care about double rift fragments in the slightest and I hate when there's double fragment events because I usually finish the rift fairly early on but I understand that not everyone plays the game as much as some of us do.

I'd rather see something everyone can have though, be it bloodpoints or XP.

If you're gonna have a double rift event at least do it early in the rift so everyone can benefit from it.

I don't care which wins between bloodpoints and xp but I'm gonna vote xp so people can get shards and some cosmetics and plus we just had a bloodpoint event

• KidDope25
    KidDope25 Member Posts: 117

None of this matters cause the only correct answer is a Blood Rush event

• PewienCzlowiek

Bro, we literally had bloodpoints event 2 weeks ago, fragments event 1 week ago and exp event right now. We're only voting what will happen next week.

• Green_Sliche

The fact that I haven't earned 4 rift fragments from a single match during double XP yet ( max was 3 rift fragments per match ) but did so during double rift fragment event makes me believe that it's easier to get 4 rift fragments from double rift event than from double xp event.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,714

They're both equal in the long term fragment wise but 2x XP also lets you get shards easier so it's overall better. I'll give you an example to show you.

It takes 500XP to level once and lets say you get 600XP every time over a course of 5 games. The lines below are how the XP would look and your rift fragment (RF) total after those games.

2x Rift Fragments

[400/500] XP starting value --> [0/500] 4RF --> [100/500] 6RF --> [200/500] 8RF --> [300/500] 10RF --> [400/500] 12RF

2x XP

[400/500] XP starting value --> [100/500] 3RF --> [300/500] 5RF --> [0/500] 8RF --> [200/500] 10RF --> [400/500] 12RF

As you can see, the 2x RF will gain an extra in the 1st game but the 2x XP gets in back in the 3rd game so they end up equal. Again though, 2x XP also give progress towards Iri Shards so is overall the better choice.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Yes, it's never made sense to me why someone would choose double rift fragments over double XP. Double XP gives you the extra rift fragments AND faster iri shards, so, if you need both, you're getting both and, if you don't need the rift fragments, you're still getting the XP -- it's a win for everyone.

(I also don't understand people who vote for Bloodrush TBH, because it's easy to get blood points in this game and, unlike iri shards, you can't substitute them for things that cost money).

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 394

They really should make it triple fragments so there's an actual choice between fragments and XP. It would be like choosing a bit of everything (fragments, iris) or a lot of one thing (only fragments).

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 385

Double XP - Get more of everything.

If you voted for something else, you're... something else.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963

I don't get why bloodpoint rewards/bonuses win so many of these votes.

I mean, sure, more bloodpoints means you level up your characters faster, but you get lots of bloodpoints all the time anyway, including due to the grade reward. Bloodrushes and BP codes are also more common than double xp and shard codes. Meanwhile, shards are used to get characters and cosmetics without expending money, which is far more beneficial, and it's really slow to gather.

One could say it's because a lot of people don't realize more xp means more shards, but when event rewards get voted between "more shards", "more BP" and "more fragments", the option with more BP usually wins.

• Green_Sliche

I noticed my games net me currently 1000 - 1500 XP games ( Doubt XP event ), which is 2 or 3 rift fragments. During double rift points though, I was getting 2 or 4 rifts more consistently.

Perhaps it's meant to be more rewarding the more matches does player have. All I know is I never managed to get like 2k XP per match ( 4 rift fragments ) but did get 1k XP per match for sure which was 4 fragments more reliably. Shards do make a pretty bonus towards Double XP event.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,714

You can't get 1k XP without an XP multiplier though. The XP caps a little over 600 per match and what you're probably noticing was the daily role XP bonus.

You get a bonus 300 XP for first game of the day for each role. After that first match you're back to ~600 per match or ~1200 with double XP.

TBF, double XP does not double the daily role so technically you could gain 1 or 2 extra RF a day depending on what your XP is at but that's only when counting the daily role which I am not when comparing the two.

Outside of that they both get total Rift Fragments equally but at different integer values. 2x RF is 4-2-2-2-2 and then repeats while 2x XP is 3-2-3-2-2. This is not counting the daily bonus and again, assuming you cap around ~600 a match.

To sum up, with 2x RF you get the 4RF around every 5 games while 2x XP will never net you 4RF in a single match, it does net you 3RF multiple times which negates that extra RF from 2x RF making them equal out.

I'm not sure if I explained that well enough but I can try to explain it a bit better if you like.

• Green_Sliche

So my initial assumption was right that double xp becomes more beneficial the more you play but for quick and short sessions double rift does it's job just fine. That's what I was trying to say since I'm not playing that much per day so double rift fragment was fine for me. I guess for people who play for few hours a day it's a good way to catch up some levels while for grinding, double XP is what's the best.

• ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 377

Regardless of how many games you play, double rift fragments will net you at most 1 additional rift fragment over double experience.

The only reason you sometimes get 4 rift fragments is because of where your experience toward the next fragment starts at the beginning of the match.

Starting from 0, earning 600 xp in a match will get you 2 rift fragments with double rift fragments, and also 2 rift fragments with double xp (0+2*600=1200)

Starting from 400, earning 600 xp in a match will get you 4 rift fragments with double rift fragments, but only 3 rift fragments with double xp (400+2*600=1600). However, in this scenario, with double rift fragments you are now at 0 xp toward the next fragment, but with double xp you are at 100 xp toward the next fragment.

It is never one extra fragment per game or multiple extra fragments over time. One additional fragment (at most) is all double rift fragments will ever get you regardless of if you play one match or one thousand matches.

It's even possible for double rift fragments to get you less rift fragments, though I think this would only happen if you played just a single match under narrow circumstances.

Starting from 300, earning 600 xp in a match will get you 2 rift fragments with double rift fragments but will get you 3 rift fragments with double xp (300+2*600=1500). But since in this scenario you would be 400 xp toward your next fragment with double fragments but 0 xp toward your next fragment with double xp, it would balance out with an additional match.

So unless you are so extraordinarlily desperate for rift fragments that you absolutely need the possibility of earning just one more over the course of the whole event, double xp is objectively better.

• LeFreezy
    LeFreezy Member Posts: 228

We won

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Welp, no reason for me to play then.

I only care about BP I literally don't use shards for anything.