If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What map rework was a failure in ur opinion?

Options

hmm?

Comments

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,232
    Options

Badham.

The entire realm is a mood killer when playing. They could do so much better.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 801
    edited June 2023
    Options

the game, what an awful and extremely boring map.

but hey killers can still win there so according to stats the map is ok - bhvr

also as much as haddonfield rework really made the map so much better than the ugly dumpster fire it was both visually and balance wise it still has stupid windows that need to be looked at.

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 587
    edited June 2023
    Options

Red Forest, Haddonfield, Eeyrie.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    Options

None of them really.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

While Red Forest looks pretty great graphically it remains a big map. I find it difficult with my killers to win. I'm not sure it was a failure if the rework was a visual overhaul but I expected a bit more.

• Trollinmon
    Trollinmon Member Posts: 690
    Options

Haddonfield. Map is basically just hold w and then afk at a god window.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,173
    Options

Red Forest. It wasn't great before but now it's way worse. I have no idea how they actually managed to do that but here we are. They look great but really no matter how beautiful a map is, that will not be appreciated as long as it's not fun to play on.

I'd also argue that Haddonfield isn't really great either. It's definitely not as bad as it used to but it's not particularly fun to play on as either side, is it? There is a very strong 3 gen and the streets are super easy to camp but then there are the houses, that are absolute god loops as long as you know how to run them properly.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Red forest and autohaven. Just stuff everywhere.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 872
    edited June 2023
    Options

I'd say Haddonfield when it was first reworked, but they've started to change it up again now so not too bothered about it anymore. I still don't like how you can see all ends of the map just by standing the middle of the street though.

I can't complain about red forest. It's just so atmospheric and what I want all maps to be visually. It really feels like the early maps prettied up.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

RPD. Dividing the misery in half is still miserable.

• WeakestNurseMain
    WeakestNurseMain Member Posts: 308
    Options

Ah sheesh, where to begin?

Corn maps range from okay(hardly changed) to absolutely dreadful to play, torment creek and cowshed are the biggest offenders.

• Torment is just a diet cowshed, a few deadzones exist to lessen the misery, but if the survivors are smart and do the gens in the corn and at main, you're in big trouble.
    • Cowshed is Cowshed, playing Pinhead on that map gave me the worst time I've ever had playing this game.

Red Forest is a disaster, prepare to hold W if you're a low mobility character, and worse of all, now ranged killers have a tough time with LOS, that was formerly the saving grace of the map, if you were playing a ranged killer and could mindgame main/shack and filler pallets, you could actually do ok, now that's gone.

Macmillan and Autohaven are ok I guess, I've gotten used to them and nothing especially disgusting pops out to me aside from main at groaning storehouse.

Now Badham is some bull**, if you aren't a stealth killer, you're gonna loath your existence for a couple minutes playing this map, if only Nurse/Blight could play on the map, it would be a fun challenge, but nope, little jimmygaming2010 is gonna have to play Clown on his 8 year old Xbox One controller with stick drift and no teachable perks.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,282
    Options

RPD

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Red Forest, Autohaven, Eyrie Of Crows

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124
    Options

red forest. Wow BHVR, I care so much that mothers dwelling is eye candy now while I'm walking from edge to edge just to see it all.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,805
    Options

I think Backwater Swamp has one of the worst reworks.

Was an ugly map before, now it's just a smaller, but still ugly, map.

I wish BHVR would give Backwater Swamp a visual rework to make it more interesting and less visually unappealing.

• EasyMcgee
    EasyMcgee Member Posts: 9
    Options

Gas heaven.

Other reworks, while still falling very short of what people wanted, were at least a step in the right direction.

Gas heaven is worse

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    edited June 2023
    Options

All reworks from old good 2016 realms/maps were complete failures, especially the removal of the fog and grass

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 940
    Options

I wish we had something that gave us back the distinct colors of the original realms.

Blue macmillian, green autohaven, nighttime coldwind.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,600
    edited June 2023
    Options

The Game, Badham and Mother's Dwelling gameplay wise.

Coldwind design wise, losing the immersion of the cornfields at night was one of the major disgraces for DBD.

The rest are more or less OK.

• Riski
    Riski Member Posts: 204
    Options

I wouldn't describe any as an utter failure yet also some are underwhelming. Red forrest maps didn't really change much however it was advertised as a "visual rework" and to that extent is was good, visually I'd argue the maps look much better. Similarly Eyrie of crows is still a strong survivor map however it's much more balanced than before. Both of these changes could of had more however they both promised something (better visuals, better balance) and delivered even if the end result wasn't perfect and I feel like this goes for most changes. Controversially I liked coldwin changes as it help diversify the types of enviorments in the game although I can see how some people may perfer the darker theme and I very much liked the changes to blood lodge as it feels much better to play as a stealth killer now, I've heard some people show distaste towards the gas haven change saying it's stronger for survivors but I personally don't see it.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Red forest. Badham. Haddonfield.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 866
    Options

Badham. Honestly can't tell what the differenec is.

Haddonfield. Houses are infinites and you can only chase on the streets.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,402
    Options

All of them since I started playing 2 years ago, besides eeyrie but I don't consider that a rework. Rework is much more than a minor change like that.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Every?

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    edited June 2023
    Options

I find it hard to call any of the maps failures. They might still have their issues, but none of the reworks made the maps any worse, at most they simply didn't improve them.

Red Forest: Looks way better, same exact layout, so I can't say it's any worse. (and when it comes to complaints about 'clutter', they're often mutually exclusive issues; more clutter = harder to spot survivors = bad, but less clutter = harder to hide traps = bad, so what is it?)

RPD: Definitely improved over the original, still has issues, but not as bad as before.

Haddonfield: Massive improvement, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. The removal of all of those massive hedges singlehandedly outweighs any other issues the map has.

Only exception for me is the Coldwind maps, as the daytime aesthetic was a complete downgrade, made them way too bright, easier to see the killer coming from a mile off, and harder to see scratchmarks.

And the only map I have consistent issues with is Badham, but that's before and after rework, it's still the worst map set in the game.

Oh wait, the new Hawkins map is a total failure, and I guess in a similar vein, Eyrie of Crows is also currently a failure.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 434
    Options

Every single map rework has been a failure. All they've done is make massively survivor sided maps slightly less survivor sided without fixing any of the main issues why they're survivor sided in the first place.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,304
    Options

That's a very Blight-centric response. What about survs gameplay on them? Or the other killers?

• JPLongstreet
    Options

As a console killer I am offended by that accurate Clown description. Funny af tho! 😂🤣

• JPLongstreet
    Options

The fog had to be tuned way down for game performance issues, especially on the consoles, but it effected every platform negatively. That's more of a coding and bottlenecking problem.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options
  • Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

Only what comes in mind is red forest. There's a way too much line of sight breakers and too much stuff too close together imo. The other maps are pretty okay, some things are better, some are worse, but healthy changes overall, at least how it feels to me.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 268
    Options

As a killer main, man I love both of those maps, i love red for the sheer beauty, yeah its huge but with good map sense it's managble. I loathe badham though ngl

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,928
    Options

red forest and haddonfield; neither of the red forest maps received a gameplay update and haddonfield got worse

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 640
    Options

Most of them considering that “add 30 safe pallets, 15 breakable walls, and a couple god windows” was their guiding principle

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 202
    Options

Badham. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

Coldwind. I assume they will get changes soon.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,639
    Options

I don't get all the hate on Red Forest. There are some loops and structures that can be frustrating but I don't feel like it's a horrible experience as either killer or survivor. Looks a million times better too.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

itd be easier to list off the map reworks I think were successful. The OG realm reborn was pretty good.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,062
    Options

Balanced woods.