If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Do You Want Emotes?

Options
Chordyceps
Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,689

The recent AMA on Reddit, and the dev's statement that they don't plan to add Emotes seems to have revived the conversation about emotes a little. As such, I'd like to gauge the community's interest in Emotes for DBD.

Do You Want Emotes? 33 votes

I Want Emotes
33%
ZensunimKateMain86GuiltiiLooeDbDNightramFilthyLegionRevivalMarylinMonhoeSpiritsHuskJusttimefleur_koushe 11 votes
I Don't Want Emotes
18%
GibberishMarc_go_soloSmoeFridayNightPizzaHugTheHagCorvusCorax86 6 votes
I Don't Care About Emotes
48%
RizzoOnryosTapeRentalsEQWashuF60_31ChordycepsMrPenguinMooksAnnso_xDhurl421BrokenbonesAurelle[Deleted User]TyGuyVerolesMessiopLiquidPlus 16 votes

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,298
    Options

I don’t care too much and if they don’t add any I am fine with it.

though if they decide to add any I hope they will stay neutral and simple like the two we already have, and no dances or silly stuff please

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I'd like a simple waving emote to be available for both survivors and killers.

I don't think I would like over the top emotes like dances and stuff, but ultimately I don't care much.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,325
    edited June 2023
    Options

I don't think emotes add much to the gameplay, I'd be fine if they decide to add more, but it's not something I actively want.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I Don't Want Emotes

Emotes as in dances like in Fortnite? Clothing is fine as cosmetics - we do not need an emote section of the store, too.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    Options
    I Don't Want Emotes

It would be a BM paradise with players finding new ways to use emotes to mock others. It's already done with those two existing ones and those emotes are banal.

Also it will just be a farce anyway and the game has many things more deserving of attention than someone doing a TikTok dance or whatever.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I Don't Want Emotes

Fine in theory, but in practice I think people would use those to BM and I don't think some parts of the community need more ammunition in that regard.

Dances of all kinds would be used to as an insult or taunt at the gate/camping. Any idea I've seen from killer players of killer emotes would maybe make it more immersive for them, but I don't think one person's gratification is worth making other people feel humiliated. And survivor emotes would not find a lot of use, considering pointing, come here and crouching already do the job well in terms of communication.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

If they add them I wouldn't mind, but if they are working on other things then so be it :)

I'd love to be able to be more friendly with team mates and killers alike, but I understand there will always be people out there who will be toxic with em.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    Options
    I Don't Want Emotes

No.

Not now, not ever.

Especially not the emotes from mobile.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

Absolutely doesn't matter to me. I have nothing against it, but it's nothing where I would say that's a thing I would love to have.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

As long as it isn't something silly like Fortnite dances, I really don't care whether they're added or not.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    Options

Personally I kind of agree with them clashing with the atmosphere and tone of the game. DBD Mobile clearly has a different vision for the game in mind.

However

BHVR has seemingly stopped caring about that as of late anyway (A lot of their cosmetic choices, recent killer designs and constant fanservice) so either way, I don't really care at this point.

• fleur_
    fleur_ Member Posts: 14
    Options
    I Want Emotes

I think a few emotes would be fine but nothing like dancing or odd poses. I would like emotes, but maybe a wave or a thumbs up would be perfect. Can't really use a thumbs up negatively, so I don't think people will be t-bagging with it

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 586
    Options
    I Don't Want Emotes

Absolutely not, people don't need another avenue to BM.