If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Do you consider this camping?

Options
TheArbiter
TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,212

Scenario: Killer quickly downs two survivors next to each other and places them on the hooks that have easy line of sight to each other. Killer stands in the middle of the hooks at that point.

Personally I don't see how this is camping as the survivors made a bad play that cost them close hooks, and why would the killer leave the area when they have two people hooked. The amount of times I've seen this while playing both survivor and killer however with the survivors all upset in the endgame chat calling it "camping" makes me think I might be thr only one with this sentiment.

Comments

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 208
    Options

>I don't see how this is camping as the survivors

If your defense begins with BUT THE SURVIVORS then you were camping

Note: I don't have a problem with camping, and I would have done the exact same thing in your case. But let's call it what it is.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

It’s camping for sure. And you don’t need to apologize for it. You did what you did. In a few weeks you won’t really be able to do that again. 🤷‍♀️

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,065
    Options

It's camping but who says it's not smart thing to do?

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 434
    Options

Killers are playing to win so of course they should defend both hooks. Sad part is both survivors are soon gonna be able to self unhook in these situations.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Camping but the only smart thing to do in this situation.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,719
    Options

why would anyone leave two survivors hook in close proximity.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

It's camping, doesn't matter if they screwed up to cause it. Is it a smart play for the win? Absolutely. Is it what I'd do in that situation? Probably not without more context, but I play for fun, not purely for the win.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    edited June 2023
    Options

When that is not camping then i have no idea what's camping. That's maybe not a "direct" facecamp, but that's definitely camping. Is that understandable to camp? Absolutely. Much more pressure a killer can not get when the half survivor team is unable to fix gens.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

That's absolutely camping. Camping is obviously the best play here, but it's still camping.

Camping (just like slugging) isn't always bad, toxic or unwarranted and it has its place in the game, so there's really no shame in calling camping behaviors by what they are just because most people wouldn't complain about it like they do with other camping scenarios.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Yes it's camping you're delusional if you say you weren't.

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options

It is but at the same time the devs need to work on hook spawns. The amount of hooks that is so close by each other is insane and that was to address when boil over was op and being abused... but now that this is not a thing as much I blame it on hook placements.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Yeah absolutely, but I don't think avoiding to call camping by what it is would change the behavior of those people tbh. They're stuck in "camping bad" mode to the point where they'd still expect you to leave if everyone is here, so I see no point in catering to their views by only using "camping" when talking about 'bad' bevahiors. If we still say camping when it's justified or the best move maybe at some point they'll realise camping isn't always bad.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

You are a camper, sir. But I see no reason to blame you.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    Options

It is absolutely 100% camping. However, the way you worded the discussion was that camping is a bad thing and you feel the need to justify the action. There is no need in this case because, as you stated, this was a survivor mistake.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options

It's camping, but in an intelligent way since you have two survs hooked in two near hooks. For example, if I have two survs in the basement, why should I leave?

It's camp, but this type of camp shouldn't be punished.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,410
    Options

It is camping, but it’s the correct play. If the killer has 2 survivors hooked in close proximity, I wouldn’t blame them for not leaving.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 910
    Options

Wait, your username looks familiar. Did I just play you?

You were playing Trapper with a wrestling costume cosmetic or something on Coldwind, and I was the Ada T-bagging at the exit gates? And you said "bruh I needed hatch in the basement"?

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,896
    Options

A better question to pose is even if it was "camping" would it matter?

Defending two hooked survivors is a good bet that's half the team out of the game. Even if the other 2 just focus on gens they probably aren't going to get everything done in time for the killer to not get at least 1-2 more downs before game end.

Sounds like a smart killer making a smart pay based on the circumstances. How folks choose to label the event beyond that is irrelevant.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,639
    Options

lol, "Is this camping?" and then proceeds to give a textbook definition of camping. If you hook someone and stay in the area then you are camping. Am I judging you for it? No. I've done more than my fair share of camping. But at least own your actions and call it what it is.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

No, when I play trapper, I'm almost always using the body with all the Blight goo on it...and Bruh isn't really part of my normal vernacular, lol

• Utilitarian_Belt
    Utilitarian_Belt Member Posts: 16
    Options

It is camping, but it's perfectly justified.

If a survivor/killer screws up they deserve to lose.