If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

I seriously don't get the point of giving hatch

Options
jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,522

And no I mean as in the player just randomly getting hatch by the killer because they did nothing. They weren't sandbagged or anything no they just go down and stop wiggling then get hatch. Why they didn't do anything to deserve hatch and no I'm not complaining because (whaaaaa I never get hatch from the killer) no I refuse to just have the killer give me hatch and refuse to give hatch unless the players team was sandbagging or just not letting them have a good match. I don't get it why does the killer just randomly give hatch I stopped trusting killers like that since I constantly had them drop me and shut hatch in my face.

Comments

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

It's a real shame that you've experienced killers closing it in your face, I think it's a universal experience. If the killer drops you right on hatch just accept it. They aren't doing it out of pity to ruin your pride but for the reasons listed above. ^^^^ :)

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options

Only thing I can agree with op though when playing survivor is the ones who give the hatch to the one that did nothing helping their team mates and hiding around the entire map. Other than that I myself gives it to the survivor who gave me a good chase/loop/mind games cause am one of those killers that respects those things. Also you auto live if your any of my re babies or a yoichi/quint/yunjin

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 526
    Options

I usually give hatch to the last player if someone AFKs or DCs early in the game. Even if they do nothing I don't really like players who ruin the game for the other 3 survivors because they spat the dummy out. So giving the hatch at least gives one person the chance to not depip or lose their item.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    edited June 2023
    Options

To me it's not even a question of deserved or not. The game is lost anyway. Hatch or not doesn't matter because defeat is defeat.

What I don't really understand is why people give so much importance to this hatch mechanic and also why people love to judge others whether they deserve something or not.

I had a match as I played killer and there was Meg, she was quite a beginner. I gave her the hatch and that's why I got flamed in the afterchat. But my reason was simple: I know how difficult this game can be, especially for new players, so I figured a nice touch wouldn't hurt.

That some people always think they deserve something better as others is something i have no words for to be honest.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,019
    Options

I have everything unlocked. BP is nothing to me :D

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 608
    Options

the amolunt of BP for one more sacrifice is next to nothing. I like having a final girl/boy. there's really not any depth to this that you're missing

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

Hmm, i sometimes give hatch as killer if you had one survivor trying to get stuff done, while the other 3 were useless, just hidding and stuff. If they are all useless, they all get eaten, if they are all good, its fair and they get (maybe) eaten.

But i also started giving hooks/kills to killers that struggle too much, especially if he tried to get on without camping and tunneling.

However, i am surprised by the number of killers that deny that hook and let you go anyway.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    edited June 2023
    Options

That always sucks. I had a game yesterday where there was me and a David left, 1 gen to go, I was injured and on death hook and he was healthy and hadn't been hooked once. He was crouched and hiding at the top of the Chapel (could see him with Bond, he hid pretty much the whole game) while I went and sat on an almost finished gen until the killer found me. Gen was literally at like 95% when i got chased off. We got into chase and David didn't even move to come finish the gen. I inevitably died and spectated to see the killer find hatch first but let David escape through it. Was really bummed out by that.

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 389
    edited June 2023
    Options

Relax, dude. Unless there's a specific challenge someone is trying to do, it makes absolutely zero difference to anything if a killer does or does not give someone hatch. The game's over. People are just trying to be friendly.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

Iā€™ve been closing hatch these last few days because of the end game hooks challenge. I donā€™t carry survivors to it or anything but leaving slugs isnā€™t really much better.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,165
    Options

Considering there are survivors out there that teabag on pallet stun, flash click at windows, and are constantly taunting the killer on gate only to step through and not even let them get a final hit for points... as a killer you have to have thick skin and let these things wash over you.

However, as you go up against better survivors, you have to get more tryhard and ruthless just to even get 2 kills. I always try not to tunnel and camp, but that makes it a lot more difficult and stressful. A lot of the time my wins comes when one of the players I've already got dead on hook is trying to be too objective and altruism focused and gets caught.

If on the other hand I've dominated the survivors, it just feels nice not to have to be ruthless and try hard all the time. I tend to give hatch to the last player when I've had fun... killers are people too dude, most of us are here to have fun, not ruin people's day... giving hatch is a way to be nice to survivors.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

I always give the hatch as a sign of good sportsmanship. 3 kills is already a win for me and I don't care about pips or BP. Killers also often give me the hatch/exit gate.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

To be honest killers do give hatch to the most random people at times. Sometimes I've done the same, it's usually because they/I want to be friendly. If it was always within my control (as in the player I liked most didn't get sacrificed earlier) I'd probably give it to the player I played with/looped the most. I play survivor so I know looping usually gets you killed first and I've seen all those sneaky teammates who hide all game or let survivors hit second stage or die on hook even though they are not that far from the hook.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I like giving hatch as killer, and I dont expect being given to me when I play survivor which I rarely get.

Its a fun interaction between both sides that I like kept in the game.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    edited June 2023
    Options

I allow the last survivor to leave via the hatch if there is AFK or DC that already ruins the match for the team.

But DC can occur for 2 people so I let the other 2 finish the gens and exit via the gate.

What I don't like when someone puts down an item "requesting" hatch. Let the decision be made by me.

Not everybody is grateful, though. I let someone go as the gens were done and I was with SM. As I dropped my drones near the exit gates I knew when the last survivor showed up. It was impossible for Jeff to escape but I allowed him to do so. He specifically said he was not grateful because blabla SM blabla. I didn't know the reaction was dependent on which killer I picked...

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I always give hatch to my fav survivors: Jill, Mikaela, Kate, Rebecca...

If there is more of them, most likely i will give hatch to who survives until end.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,189
    Options

Once you realized bleeding out on the ground equals the same as hatch (it's both a draw towards your MMR, depending how many points you made before ofc), it really becomes meaningless. For me giving hatch is just a sign of good sportsmanship which can lead to more positivity. Tho i heard from ppl still flaming the killer, even after free hatch. I personally mostly try to go for the gates cuz i think the majority of the killers expect hatch gameplay. I see hatch as an participation trophy, not a true escape.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

Someone has to live to tell the tale.

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 402
    Options

Some killers just don't care at all cuz it's only a game

(Why so serious)

• lifeisstrange
    lifeisstrange Member Posts: 300
    Options
  • NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

they give whenever they feel like it, i don't think anyone here can explain the general underlying psychological reasons.

for me; i give hatch if the player is very clearly way better than their teammates, if i had to slug them because i felt petty towards their immersive useless teammate, or they are left behind in end game when it's an easy rescue.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Honestly there isn't much reason beside "because it exists".

If it exists, people can give it to someone, plain and simple.

• xPrinceHarlequinx
    xPrinceHarlequinx Member Posts: 180
    Options

Because if we are already at the point where I can give someone hatch, I have already pipped. There is zero downside to doing it. Like, why wouldn't I at that point?

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482
    Options

The only problem with the hatch in my opinion is that can spawn at 5 gens. it's a useless sop, since even if the surv escapes from the hatch at 5 gen he/she loses the pip, because he/she didn't do ######### the whole game. They should put back that hatch spawns when 2 or 3 gen remain, so at least survs have time to gamble a minimum and don't have a sop, and likewise a killer who literally destroys a team can secure 4/4 if he does 3k on 5 or 4 Jan. Currently having the genrush is a bit tough, but it happens sometimes

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302
    Options

I used to give hatch every single game to a survivor I felt played the best....or was Nancy šŸ˜.

Now I don't because it makes me lose the +2 pip. I wish they would rework pips and delete d-pips. When I hit Rank 1 I close hatch (survivor always think I am trolling) and let them leave out gate.

• NotAnotherDoctor
    NotAnotherDoctor Member Posts: 281
    Options

If a survivor wins me over like this I have a bonding moment with them where I stare into their soul then aggressively nod my head like I'm trying to seperate it from my body.

I love moments like that in this game. Those survivors are the chosen ones and should be protected at all costs

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

My friend just rolled my solo q group as Nurse but gave me the hatch :) I did not realize it was them playing her haha. That can be one reason why some give it to others. šŸ˜

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,065
    Options

I give hatch sometimes if I feel bad for them. Or sometimes I do it just to show good gesture. If I happen to close the hatch in front of survivor I give them gate I know from experience that it feels bad.

• Deathstroke
    Options

You can still give it below red grades if you got 9 or more hooks (should be +2 pips). Personally I try not care about pips anymore as the reward is not that big, how much you have to work for them.

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302
    Options

IDK about none of that. All I know is there are too many variable in a match and the loss of a hook/kill can lose you the double depending on what else happened in the match.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

All the "friendly" and/or goofy interactions like giving hatch, survivors pointing at hooks, item gifting, moonwalking and nodding dance-offs at the gates and such are just nice to me as they show you that you're probably not playing with someone about to call you 7 slurs in 3 different languages the first frame the end game chat is available.

• Frys_Dog
    Frys_Dog Member Posts: 92
    Options

I tend to give hatch to the last survivor so they can spread the fear and tell the next lobby there is a killer out there and is gonna murder them :D

• Deathstroke
    Options

Sometimes yes but if you know you have done lot of chases and gotten downs and survivors had hard time repairing gens +2 pips should be quaranteed with 3K. But if you're unsure go for the kill.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Apparently, some players only give hatch if you don't wiggle.

This is the message I was greeted with in the endgame chat by a Skull Merchant.

"Why did you wiggle? I would have given you the hatch."

I asked how I should have known of her intentions to which she replied: "I did a swing."

So, some players only allow you to escape via the hatch by crawling.

Then I explained it to her that some killers do this as a joke since even by swinging their weapon you will not be able to wiggle out by the time they reach the hook.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,402
    Options

What the first guy said, other times I genuinely would rather wait away from the hatch so I don't have to guard gates in a pointless struggle with nothing to gain.