If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Deathslinger numbers have “skyrocketed”

Options

I’m a Deathslinger main, and my username is a joke among my friends bc we say, “There are only 2 Deathslingers(Mains).”(Me being 1of2 and us encountering 2of2.) We say this bc for the longest time until the past few days, we’ve only seen one once in a blue moon. For the past few days, I have encountered an unprecedented number of people playing Deathslinger. Like, SEVERAL matches of Deathslinger which NEVER HAPPENS. Did he get a buff? Is it a meme? Or is it like a 1/1,000,000,000 chance coincidence? Anyone have an explanation or theory?

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options

I see a Deathslinger now and then, yesterday I had two back-to-back. Maybe not the most common but fare from rare.

They tend to be tunnellers, and I don't throw that term around willy nilly.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,930
    edited June 2023
    Options

I noticed this, too.

In the past, a Deathslinger match as a rare occurence and happened once in a blue moon, but now I got a couple per day. Weird. Maybe killer mains are trying to touch up their aim for the upcoming Singularity? :P

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,717
    Options

same

I'm slinger main and i been loving the fax more people using him. Went from seeing one every 50 games to seeing him at least once a day.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

I've been playing against him occasionally over the past couple weeks and that's a huge boost from 'almost never'. Maybe people are finally realising that he's still an okay killer.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

On Twitter, there was someone that was against the FoV slider accessibility because they said when they use Deathslinger with Shadowborn, they are op. Then others were jokingly saying they were going to start using this op combo. Could just be a coincidence though.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 526
    Options

Why would shadowborn be OP on slinger? If anything you would want to use monitor for the reduced terror radius if you wanted additional FOV also. I main slinger and I use monitor from time to time, but mainly for the reduction in terror radius. Sure increased FOV is nice on all killers and can be particularly helpful on some, but I really don't notice much difference with slinger. He a killer that really relies on long range accuracy to make the most of him. Landing shots at almost max range when a survivor thinks they're safe. It's quite funny how many DCs happen when you get good at landing max range shots especially with exposed add-on. I would imagine he would be super frustrating to go against if someone is playing him well.

• Remedicist
    Options

Yeah, I don't think increased FoV is op on any killer. I personally believe FoV is an accessibility option and not a gameplay advantage. I agree that Monitor and Abuse is much better on Deathslinger than Shadowborn in terms of gameplay because Slinger will be much closer to his max shooting range before alerting the survivor. I imagine anyone that uses Shadowborn uses it simply because it either feels better (like me) or due to problems such as migraines from a low FoV.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

My only guess would be Otz putting a vid up last several days showing a good perk build and show case for Death Slinger.

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533
    Options

It's true, and I hate it. I almost never had a match against him..I played for 2 hours and 45 minutes last night and I had 4/5 Slinger matches. Insane.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 526
    Options

Only killer I would say the really benefits from it is Nurse, which is probably why they won't consider an FOV slider due to making her even more OP. Kinda like how they nerf certain perks before they even go live based solely on how they interact with Nurse gameplay.

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302
    Options

I got his daily 3 times last week so 3 of those games could have been me? He is still a beast in chase but that's it.

• Pink_Ronin
    Pink_Ronin Member Posts: 118
    Options

You would be wrong, it's a gameplay advantage. The fixed FOV is what makes FOV techs as survivor possible. Without it we would be again handicapping one of the few techniques at survivors disposal to survive in chase.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

The deathslingers I play against love shooting the person off the hook and waiting 10 seconds to miss borrowed time. Honestly feels like an exploit.

Just pause the BT timer when you get shot and people wouldn’t tunnel nearly as much with him.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,551
    Options

I've seen only one over the past week and he was AFK

• fleur_
    fleur_ Member Posts: 14
    Options

I actually just came back from a 3 month break and haven't seen a single Slinger but I've seen twins. might be your SBMM or I might've just not played long enough yet.

• Remedicist
    Options

From my experience, those FoV techs only worked against console killers due to the fps constraint and joystick camera movement. Most killers that aren't new and use a mouse can quickly react to those sudden FoV techs. In that regard, the FoV slider is a great accessibility option for everyone, whether they suffer from eye problems, play on different platforms, or simply just want to use the FoV that feels most comfortable for them. I don't think it makes sense to limit players by only allowing a tunnel-vision FoV just so that killers can't somehow see a survivor that is literally right next to them or under their legs.