If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Do you unhook the last remaining survivor? (Solo Q)

Options
Bartlaus
Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025

The following situation: Your team messed up, 3+ gens are left and your last mate is hooked.

Do you unhook your mate?

In most cases I dont see any sense in doing so. If I'm the guy on the hook, I'll let myself die. For me, the killer has already won the match at this point. It is very unlikely that both survivors will still escape.

Some people flame me for behaving this way. Mostly it's the people who didn't do any gens and played inefficiently the whole match. I actually play very team-oriented, do gens and don't hide. But if I still have the chance to escape, then I use it.

The only exception: you were a very competent survivor. Then I will definitely unhook you.

What's your opinion?

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,325
    Options

Depends.

If I don't care about winning, don't have a Tome challenge for escaping and the teammate wasn't ruining the match or something, sure.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

As long as the teammate wasn't throwing the match 100%, I'll always try to. It's just in my nature to do I suppose :) however if they let themselves die then I get the message and let them, then go for the hatch.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options

Before the new SBMM, I didn't care about winning either. Now I'm more selfish when it comes to this situation :/

• fleur_
    fleur_ Member Posts: 14
    Options

as someone who plays to push people off the balcony in Ormond and ask for heals while running no mither to mess with people, it depends on if they are fun or not. if we point at each other for 10 seconds straight then yes, you're a certified cool kid now and deserve another chance for Hatch. but if don't thank me for heals and nod back when I nod my head at you, then nah I think I'll just hide in a bush until you die. I know a lot of people play this game like they get paid for it, but honestly I just care about having the best time while getting those juicy bloodpoints.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options

Depends what the killer is doing, and if I'm injured. If I can get to them safely I'll attempt it, but if the killer is going to hear me coming a mile off because of my cries of pain, there's no point.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,331
    Options

Depends how the teammate was playing. If they were good and were let down by the other two just like I was, I will try to get them as long as the Killer is not camping. If they are camping, there is no point because then one of us would get slugged and it would be a guaranteed 4K.

If the teammate was not really helpful, I just let them die.

In general, I also have the feeling that the more decent teammates dont hang around for the full 2 minutes but just kill themselves on the Hook in a 2v1 because they know that it would be rather pointless to go on.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options

If I'm on hook I'll let go. If someone else is, then it depends on if they're holding on. If they're letting go then I won't come but if they're struggling/hitting checks then I'll attempt a rescue

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

No, game is already done. It's better to finish as fast as we can. So we all can go to next match.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    edited June 2023
    Options

No. I believe that people can only learn when they recognize their own mistakes. To me, it only makes sense if there's something useful about it.

People don't really learn when they're rewarded for their mistakes. The probability is very high that if I meet this person again and the same situation occurs again, this person has not learned from it if i rewarded it in past.

Edit Reason: Google translate hates me sometimes :).

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,024
    edited June 2023
    Options

Read it wrong at first lol I would probably leave them or let go on hook if it was just two left you've already lost at that point

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368
    Options

Generally, I'm a 'no man left behind' kind of player. I will go for the unhook and if circumstances permit, heal my teammate and take aggro so they can try to find the hatch. But if the Killer is camping or I don't think I can get the safe unhook, I might not.

• JonOzzie16
    JonOzzie16 Member Posts: 203
    Options

It entirely depends on the killers playstyle, my positioning, if I'm injured, my build, if the gate is ready, etc. Etc. I will totally throw myself on the line if it's feasible we will both escape.

I usually go next if I'm the one hooked though, unless it's obvious they are going to try and save.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

i hate being saved in lost matches, there is no coming back so let me go next. especially if a teammate saves and tries to hide i will chase them "for a heal". don't do it, get your hatch.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    Options

There are so many risks and factors to consider, but in the vast majority I would not.

Of course there are rare occasions I might try for the unhook, such as if I need one more safe hook to finish a task. However on the whole I'd mostly favour my own escape, especially if the gens have not been finished.

• MimiDBD
    MimiDBD Member Posts: 302
    Options

Yes if the killer is not face camping. I will die for/with all of my teammates. We rode in together...we will die together.

• Frys_Dog
    Frys_Dog Member Posts: 92
    Options

I'd rather die trying than letting a teammate on hook