The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Any ETA on fixing the servers? The lag is getting worse

o7o
o7o Member Posts: 335

It's like every other server is lagging really bad. Everyone is above 100+ ping, constant rubberbanding and low frames. Just got out of an RPD match that was almost unplayable. It'd be nice for the time being if DC penalties can be turned off to compensate because this is painful.

Answers

• Dreh
    Dreh Member Posts: 43

Our computer and internet are of poor quality, according to Behaviour. I have already created a topic in the bugs section, and the response I received (which was quite standardized, by the way) is that it's essentially my problem.

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 385

A ton of people are complaining about it but in typical BHVR fashion, it's our problem.

• o7o

Definitely isn't an "our problem" when everyone is complaining about it and the servers are dying rn.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

Just played a nurse match where I literally could not hit people because every time I blinked the game would rubber band

• Tupper2K
    Tupper2K Member Posts: 10

Yeah, I'm experiencing the same issues. My ping is never great (usually 50-60), but it's 100+ these past few days. I'm getting hit through every window and it's getting extremely frustrating to play survivor.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I'm sure i'll get hate for even mentioning blight but his power is directly tied to the server so hits are super finicky and bumps take twice as long sometimes. I'll just keep playing survivor I guess.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

My PC and internet are top notch, it's absolutely not me and I keep getting frame rate drop, lag and all kinds of bad stuff.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Everyone has high ping, million errors while logging in, finding match, bloodweb errors, game crashes.

Frame drops on some maps make them unplayable, RPD is probably the worst offender

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

1 in 10 games on EU Frankfurt server has 100+ ping. the rest is normal for me. guess there is a bad server cluster.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 416

How do you know you're on Frankfurt servers? I'm in Germany, but it feels like I'm put on US West Coast servers. Pretty much every single game killer ports next to me in a loop, I get hit from a mile away, or my game freezes for a second or two when trying to vault a window (or it's the PS5 version). Really frustrated.

Only time this was good for me was a Clown downed me and I somehow ported to a different part of the map where somebody could heal me up while the Clown was searching for me where he downed me.

• Anki
    Anki Member Posts: 58

Hey is something actually happening? My ping went from 60 to 170 and it has been like that for days. My friend's ping went from 90 to literally 500 at worst. It feels like we are connecting to wrong servers, killers also constantly have red pings in our matches.

• Wewantjason
    Wewantjason Member Posts: 288

Lag is so bad today I literally chainsawed multiple survivors at once and got zero downs and my “hit ten survivors” challenge didn’t give me a single hit for the six hooks I got with my hammer

every single killer player needs to quit until this ######### is addressed. I’m having fun escaping as survivor but killer is pretty much the worse I’ve experienced in 3/4 years.

it was Either lag or hacks. I’ve seen so many ######### cheaters this week it’s insane. But yeah it’s our problem to figure out. Login and go afk with insidious and lightborn. Let people waste their ######### cakes if the problems won’t get addressed

• Wewantjason
    Wewantjason Member Posts: 288
    edited June 2023

I loaded in as bubba and pride myself in being a fun fair non camping bubba. I lost three gens from rubber banding making me kiss hits when I outplayed them at pallets and jungle guns. I played better and the game ######### me over

so I decided I had to camp at that point if the game is broke

I was hitting CHAINSAWS and rubber banding AT THE HOOK. Then the toxic survivors in typical survivor toxicity . I hit every player at once and didn’t get a single down. And in typical toxic fashion they started teabagging and flashlight clicking. Either hacking or worst server issues ever.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

Yeah I genuinely had a moment where I thought somebody was hacking til I looked at the ping

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

to be honest, it was just a guess. in one of the high ping games the killer and 3 of the 4 survivors where german and before and after the game my ping was normal. don't know if its possible to switch server location without playing swf or without restarting the game.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

I was blaming BHVR for a lot of issues not too long ago. Turned out is 100% was issues with my internet. There are really good tools that will review download, upload, ping, and packet loss.

If BHVR is saying it’s a ‘you problem’ don’t be too quick to dismiss that.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568
    edited June 2023

i had this as survivor because of the 60 fps cap .... i quit playing because bhvr decided to go ahead and edit our config files we should be able to pick our own fps without having to go into the config editor to unlimit the fps manually. dbd on 60 fps is a nightmare it dips like idk what causes major issues its really off putting. question is will it be any better now the fps is uncapped probably not wont hold my breath lol. i also did notice the killers connection pop up as well sometimes during the game im hardwired ethernet stable internet so i know its not me. my pc is powerful also no issues

• o7o

I promise you it isn't an internet problem. I have really good internet for where I live, and started using a VPN that reduced my ping by a lot up until the start of the event where you can clearly tell it's a server problem. The big DBD content creators are also suggesting concerns. NAE servers are a perfect example.

• o7o

Yeah, I ran into this problem again last night on RPD and The Game.. lag bumping, rushing with double speed felt like I was rushing with basekit blight -100, and rubberbanding while rushing, felt like I was on 20 FPS. Sucks because he is my main as I'm trying to get him to p100 and stock up on as many cakes as possible but with the servers being like this since the start of the event, not really having a fun time.