Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Seriously, what's going on with the killers during this event?

My experience with this event has been awful the last few days. I main survivor, and pretty much more than half of my games have involved killers going out of their way to play nasty for no reason other than spite. Bubbas burning brown offerings and facecamping from the get go, survivors being hard tunnelled out from the beginning of the match, etc.

I've been slugged to death four times now for literally doing nothing. Been beaten on the hook countless times. I just want to play the game but it's hard to when the killer seems so determined to make sure you have as little fun as possible. I genuinely don't get it. I've always been of the notion 'you scratch my back, I scratch yours'. If you're toxic to me, I'll be less inclined to make sure you have a fun time. But the teams I've been with have just been playing normally. It's like these killers are going into the match with the sole aim of generating salt and spoiling the match for everyone else.

I've played enough now to know the difference between playing to generate pressure (camping when you are surrounded by survs, tunnelling someone to claw back pressure) and playing to just be nasty. It's really disheartening. I may just switch to killer for the rest of the event and that's saying a lot because I get really anxious playing killer (I can't speak for the killer experience, obviously, but I imagine there's an equal number of bad apples).

Anyone having a similar experience? Feel like I'm going insane.

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited June 2023

It really depends on how each match is going.

If you are the Killer, you are not having a easy time atm, you are on a bad map, gens are flying, etc... then you are more likely to decide to tunnel. But also sometimes Survivors shot themselfs too you know. Like if you down two people, both of them are on hook, the others are injured well then you would be trowing if you just let them recover themselfs. If you have 1 gen left, you hooked 3 people and some Survivor is on second stage well... unless you want to trow and be really nice, you know what you have to do. But there are also matches where you don't have to tunnel and everyone gets to play and you are happy with 1-2K.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I've had that experience saturday evening, but my survivor games were very chill when playing in the afternoon this weekend.

Going forward, I'll probably only play killer in the evenings to offer chill games and a little farm. I don't mind "boring" games and neither do my survivors generally.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

Did you return just for the event?

I'm not currently playing DBD, so I can't really speak on the event experience. ...but there is also a reason I haven't been playing DBD.

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298

If everyone brings a cake and the killer is just steam rolling the team from the get-go, my objective switches from generators to doing everything I can to minimize the BP score events they can squeeze out of me. No chase, no gen kicking, no more than 1 hook. The only actions I’ll take are ones that they can’t react to in a way that ups their score.

Their BP gains aren’t my concern any more than mine are theirs after all and courtesy is a 2 way street.

• MrSlayer
    MrSlayer Member Posts: 189

Many killers just despise survs, event or not.

• LittleBigSunset
    LittleBigSunset Member Posts: 242

I've had some rough games before but not this consistently - I feel like the event is bringing these kinds of players out.

• LittleBigSunset

Unfortunately I think I have to agree with you. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

• LittleBigSunset

Had a 'farming' Spirit just now and it turns out she had NOED and Blood Warden AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Some of you need to understand, not everyone who plays is interested in bp.

I use cakes so i can find the invites to get the challenges done quicker. The bp i don't care about.

If you keep going into games expecting to get 50k bp and don't get them then you're just going to be disappointed.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

All sorts of people come crawling out of the woodworks during popular events. You learn to just take the good with the bad.

• Nazzzak

Just an FYI, the incentive isn't the same for everyone. It's based things like region, time of day, and MMR. So you might have 100% killer while someone else has 100% survivor, or anywhere in between. So I wouldn't think that would necessarily be a factor. I'd say people who play scummy simply enjoy playing that way.

• Pluto_1
    Pluto_1 Member Posts: 337

I play to win. Events are irrelevant. Resistance is futile.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,010

lol how edgy

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

I've been playing survivor as little as possible for the event. Just enough to get the quests done. I don't farm but I do try to take the survivor experience into account. I don't camp or tunnel as a rule. I have had a surprising number of games where survivors are toxic at the exit gates lately. Which I don't get. I've been trying to give as fair and fun of games as possible as killer so why the disrespect? I'm sure that kind of toxicity gets to some killers who decide all survivors deserve no mercy. You know the saying "hurt people, hurt people".

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175

NA East.

Daytime/morning = better quality teammates on average

Nighttime = Most often, the teammate quality drops quite significantly after 8/9pm EST.

As for the killer slugging, camping ,tunneling - most of it has been situational or the 'right play'. I seriously can't really complain, most killers in my experience have been pretty fair, just playing the match out like I am and employing tactics to snowball a match back in their favor. I haven't had the excessive camping/tunneling or slugging just to slug experience, like I did PRIOR to this event.

Some people have said the event has only made people more toxic but IMO personally, that isn't true. At least so far.

• DBDxxxxD
    DBDxxxxD Member Posts: 12

Are you aware that there is a secret keys combination teached by Nepal's monks that sends killer that didn't bring cake back to que?

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

That was Blight, but I did have a Ghostface later the same day who brought a Mori.

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 385

This is pretty much the case.

If there was a way to communicate prior to the match starting, "Hey wanna farm?" type of deal then it would be a lot easier. Seeing as there isn't a way it's a 50/50 shot. Even on the survivor side you might have one person that doesn't want to farm and just play the game while 3 others want to.

Just how it is. Treat every game like a normal game unless there is some notion that it will be a BP farm.

• DBDxxxxD

Most ppl don't want to farm (it's so boring). They just want a normal not sweaty game. I don't give a f about 7k points for escaping as long as I wasn't tunneled or bleed out at 4 gens left. Most killers play that way during events. If I got 25k point with 5 cakes that I am content.

• LittleBigSunset

I'm not expecting to farm every game at all. I want every game to be treated like a normal game! It's just that the killers I seem to keep running into don't want to do anything other than run survivors out of the game as quickly as possible or stare at the hook from the get go while rubbing it in the survivors' faces. Event or no event, this 'playstyle' is really offputting and kills any enjoyment I could get out of matches. May as well be doing something else.

I'd jump head over heels for an actual farming killer, although the last one I had betrayed us with NOED and Blood Warden and left me questioning my own existence.

• Fawiola
    Fawiola Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2023

Yesterday.... Solo que..

Every match and every survivor bring cakes but killer.... Every third match pudding. Every time I see that..... I close the game.

I don't give this kind of Killer any Cake from me because I know they tunnel and camp. Survivor 5 - 10k BP and Killer 50k BP

Just ..... No

And I know many survivor do that....

Continue please!! 😁

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 394

It's so annoying because I don't have enough perk slots to counter every awful thing they're doing.

After 3 matches in a row with a face camper I decided to get an anti-facecamping perk set. The moment I equipped it no one face camped.

I got 2 normal matches where I could get no value out of my perks and then 2 matches where killers decided to tunnel unhooks and my anti-facecamping set could do nothing against that.

Then I had to run a mish-mash of anti-tunnel anti-camping perks that don't synergize with itself and I got no value out of my set. It was like running perkless.

So I got fed up and went back to playing killer.

• Barbarossa2020

I am playing normally, you're just expecting because there is easy BP that everyone should jump on board the farm fest.

Im done with the challenges, the 4 characters i play have everything they need unlocked. Why do i need to jump on board this cuddle farm fest?

I treat survivors exactly the same every game, as victims not friends.

Go Go gadget Minotaur Oni + mori.

• DBDxxxxD
  • Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

From what I’ve seen the BP role bonus has been on survivor for me (25-100%, but never killer to any degree) since the event started.

• Barbarossa2020

Yes i am, you want a "normal" game. Some people normally play to win and don't care for your etiquette or what your version of "normal" is

• Barbarossa2020

Im sure people have their reasons for playing like they do. Im not defending it. But comp games generally involve, tunneling and slugging, and that is playing to win.

im stating a fact, if it's within the rules its allowed. The sooner you understand not everyone who plays dbd believes in playing a certain way the sooner you'll enjoy the game more.

Well you've said you want a "normal" games "I want every game to be treated like a normal game!"

Then you also state "I'd jump head over heels for an actual farming killer, although the last one I had betrayed us with NOED and Blood Warden and left me questioning my own existence."

So which is it?

• Pluto_1
    Pluto_1 Member Posts: 337

I play normal games and don't see a problem. I go in and kill survivors. Sometimes I win, sometimes I don't. Period. End 'o story. Survivors are bots to me. Nothing more.

Straight forward eh? Well yeah, because that's my normal. Not yours or anyone else's. When I go into a game it's with 4 random people I don't know and will never meet. I don't know what your 'normal' is and frankly don't care. Survivor rules... 😂

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896

Something tells me this is your first time playing during an anniversary event.

• LiveBritishReaction
    LiveBritishReaction Member Posts: 427
    edited June 2023

People optimize the fun out of everything. I've stopped playing survivor unless there's a 100% bloodpoint incentive because of killers whose sole goal in life is making the match into a 3v1 where I'm not one of the 3, and on killer I've swapped to Ghostface for the duration of this event because of how good he is at countering the current survivor strat of using MFT to W key to an unmindgameable god window and then block it with an invitation.

Anyways, I haven't been playing much of this event at all. Should not come as a surprise.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331
    edited June 2023

I rarely touch survivor so can't really say anything there. From a killer POV though, it's been pretty normal. I've only had 1 group that went out of their way to annoy the he'll out of me. Decided to try to get decent as Nurse, which many ppl will know generally entails getting stomped ALOT early on. Kinda figured I got a group who last sec swapped to 4 beamers to bully my baby nurse self and not give 2 ######### about gens. Other than THAT though... been pretty fun.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Nazzzak

I've played 42 games since the anniversary started and 2 were killer incentives (I track it all for my own curiosity lol)