The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The worst anniversary event by far?

It's been a couple of months since I uninstalled this game, as it was so unplayable.

I re-installed the game yesterday cuz some of my friends asked if I want to collect anniversary cosmetics.

Aside from significantly increased number of tunneling and camping killers (especially Japanese players), the GENIUS devs even buffed killers for instant breaking pallets and reduced pallet stun...

Exactly how the f can we enjoy this event?

Usually I'm too lazy to login and write stuffs unless it's too disturbing, last time was when BHVR removed Wesker's grin in the lobby.

Don't get me wrong, my friends and I loved this game and have played for thousands of hours together, but we all are tortured by recent DBD environment, and this event is the last straw.

Comments

• OwlWithMustache
    OwlWithMustache Member Posts: 57

Survivor's can block windows and spawn pallets. Both sides got enough bs to cancel eachother out imo

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,074

The invitations are out of the way and sometimes it takes a while to even stumble across them, especially as a Survivor if you start near a gen, you don't want to run around the map looking for one. And sometimes you spawn right next to one.

From a Killer perspective (with some survivor gameplay, but I get more cakes on Killer since I don't share the event pool with Items):

The Pallets are roster dependent and outside of long loops with no LoS blockers (EG: Haddonfield hedges)/safe-loops are somewhat easily baited (I say this as a Pig player).

For the Vault block I expected it to at first to kinda work like Bamboozle, where you do a Vault and it blocks the vault, but it's kinda clunky (especially on controller), given that you need to aim at the vault for the prompt to appear. It's also not clear that you can vault your blocked vault, just like Bamboozle. The Vaults where it's beneficial to do so (outside of against a Killer like Legion), are small.

The Pallet Break for Killer is slow, almost the same as if you kicked it normally, though it does let you start moving around the loop early if possible.

The instadown feels cheap, but I haven't used it much.

• Shenlong1904
    Shenlong1904 Member Posts: 293

About the pallet break power. Its not too strong by itself but the fact that it lets you keep bloodlust is ridiculous. So many matches ive seen where the killer just uses bloodlust and only breaks strong pallets with the power and theres almost no counter.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

I am having fun sometimes. Today was a good day, although yesterday was definitely awful. Even had a nice Huntress who played with us and I escaped quite a few games today as well as got Renato!

Also lasted a lot in some chases so it's all good to me but I can understand how some days it's unbearable.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

It actually takes like 2 secs for the pallet to break by using the Invitation, its not instant.

• AssortedSorting
  • Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405

those pallets you spawn in are absolute GARBAGE. its like hitting a killer running spirit fury a complete waste of time where as killers get insta down and insta break lol the windows only stay blocked for a few seconds not even worth the effort 90 percent of the time

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

If you really just after the 12? cosmetic from invites, then just play killer, you can get your invitation then play however you want.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,167

I've felt like this anniversary has been a blast

The new "powers" adds some fun new wrinkles to the gameplay and some of those Anniversary Cosmetics (specifically The Knight) are cool AF.

Not to mention the usual fun of getting 5 cakes in (just about) every match

I've said it before in general but especially during this anniversary, I must be getting a completely different game than everyone else because I think I could count on one hand the amount of campers/tunnelers I've had playing this event so far.

• nars
    nars Member Posts: 1,124

Seriously dude? I cant believe you actually quit the game a few months ago with all the dead hards and CoH to crutch.

"Worst anniversary!"

Reasons: Killers are tunneling and camping (happens beyond anni), killers are buffed

Survivors got buffed too. You are aware that you can block a god window and just win the chase right then and there? And spawn pallets? Oops! That doesnt fit your narrative...

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 224

I mean im enjoying the event. Already got 20 more prestige's on my main!

Just chill out and enjoy the buttload of BP.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,405

I'm enjoying it. Making crazy bp and levelling up plenty of characters

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,318

The pallet break power is really nice for denying a vault. If you chase a survivor around a loop, you can trigger the ranged break power right b4 they vault the power. Since they can't vault during the short break animation... it tends to result in a hit.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

Except it doesn't cancel each other out, since these usually happen one or the other, not at the same time. Both sides just end up being irritated.

• AssortedSorting

Hmm. Clever application. Don’t think I like that though given in optimal play it needs to be assumed that the pallet is already unsafe (in that it halts movement due to non-interaction). Maybe have it mark the pallet with a dissolution effect (independent of TR), and touching the Killers hitbox just causes it to disintegrate?