Consoles Curtain Call DLC

Options
Fnatic47
Fnatic47 Member Posts: 396
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Any news about when Curtain Call DLC will be avaiable on consoles ?

Post edited by Fnatic47 on

Comments

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Options
    Weeks, so it could be 23 weeks from now.
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Options

Hopefully by next tuesday at the latest.

• Fnatic47
    Options

They said " Soon " but the DLC was avaiable only for Steam... And then they said soon in a couple weeks the dlc will be open to consoles... How much weeks... 1 month...

• BoxingRouge
    Options

@Fnatic47 said:
    They said " Soon " but the DLC was avaiable only for Steam... And then they said soon in a couple weeks the dlc will be open to consoles... How much weeks... 1 month...

In last weeks dev stream they said at least 2 weeks, 1 week has passed already and the PSN store updates every Monday/Tuesday for most DLC's etc. So fingers crossed for now.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Fnatic47 said:

In last weeks dev stream they said at least 2 weeks, 1 week has passed already and the PSN store updates every Monday/Tuesday for most DLC's etc. So fingers crossed for now.

Woah he said 2-3 weeks lets not get anyone’s hopes up here lol
  • Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    edited June 2018
    Options
    The max certification time is 10 days. They announced the release date for PC and said console is in certification 12 days ago.
  • Fnatic47
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hope this week console players get the DLC... Still love the devs anyway xD

• BoxingRouge
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    BoxingRouge said:

@Fnatic47 said:

Woah he said 2-3 weeks lets not get anyone’s hopes up here lol

:'(:'(:'(

• EmotionalDaisy
    EmotionalDaisy Member Posts: 157
    Options
    They have that double bloodpoint event for the beginning of July for all platforms, so I'm assuming they expect us to get the update by then.
  • ThePloopz
    Options
    They have that double bloodpoint event for the beginning of July for all platforms, so I'm assuming they expect us to get the update by then.
    Your username is amazing 
  • Fnatic47
    Options

Almost 1 month for the Curtain DLC for consoles.... Omg...

• deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    Options
    Dude itsFnatic47 said:

Dude it’s been 12 days and yeah it sucks but we can only hope it comes tomorrow or tuesday
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

soon™

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415
    Options

@TheChanelOberlin said:
    deadbydaylightfan said:

Dude itsFnatic47 said:

Dude it’s been 12 days and yeah it sucks but we can only hope it comes tomorrow or tuesday

Apologist. It’s been over 3 weeks since the content hit the PTB, people are counting it as time PC has had the content over us.
    which they should, I know I do.
    12 days is far too long also, 5 would have been pushing it.
    this has overall been the worst simultaneous release I’ve ever seen, 3 weeks is hardly simultaneous 

It's nearly a month, couple days short now.

• nicholas_0545
    nicholas_0545 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Pretty good job so far

• ThePloopz
    Options
    Xbox and PS4 are DBD's ugly step children.
    This is very accurate
  • Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163
    Options

@Silas said:

Soon...ish

10/10 !

• ThePloopz
    Options
    I don't think anyone here actually understands the certification process because I see A LOT of speculation and anger regarding DLC disparity.  I'll give you the in-depth version and if anyone has more specific questions feel free to ask.

Console certification depends on a myriad of factors from the volume of submissions by all devs to the certification department, to time of submission.  The average time from submission to DLC drop is 5-7 days for MS, and up to 2 weeks for Sony.  

The curtain call DLC was tested in house before being pushed to the PTB, then from the PTB everything was reworked, and finally pushed to PC June 12th.  After that the proposed update (or in this case DLC AND update) is readied and sent to the different cert departments where it is independently tested by them for stability, bugs, issues etc.  Each company has their own process but behavior has to wait on BOTH to be certified before they can release either for obvious reasons but most obvious is so they can avoid another howling grounds disaster where rushing the update literally broke the game on all platforms and required months of fixing.  

So what likely happened is:
    -In house testing (may-june)
    -Ptb (june 1-11)
    -Rework (during ptb)
    -Push to PC June 12th
    -Update sent to MS/Sony june 13/14

Again average turnaround is up to 2 weeks with Sony so the earliest you could expect it on either console is June 28th but since they have a double blood point event planned early July I wouldn't expect curtain call before July 2nd.  

The only thing that really irks me is I know for a fact Sony stays in constant communication with any developer who issues a update for certification.  They update the dev throughout the entire process from bugs found, to likely testing completion date and behavior COULD share that information with us if they wanted so we would feel less like an afterthought and more like a part of the community but since DBD started as a PC game and they only made console versions for the money they clearly don't think of us as that important.  

I dont know the numbers, only they do, but I'm fairly confident more people play on pc than ps4/xb1 combined so we will forever be an afterthought. 

Anyways that's why we're forced to wait and when we can expect the update roughly. 

This post is a quality one
  • ThePloopz
    Options
    Zilo003 said:
    Is it me or would it just make more sense to get certifation from both Sony and MS before announcing a drop date and then releasing the DLC to everyone (PC, PS4, Xbox) simultaneously once everything is good to go to avoid this type of problem from occurring again (think it happened with Freddy and Pig iirc).

What is really getting to me is the lack of professionalism to promise something and then blame MS and Sony when it was poor planning on the part of the devs to have everything in place before hand. It is feeling less like “one community” and more like “PC master and those idiots over there” specially with the shrine updating to the new prices for perks and still no update
    It’s because they don’t want to make pc players wait and they also get money quicker if they just toss updates out when ready. With this update I would just let it slide but for regular size updates there’s no excuse for those because they can do simultaneous releases on those if they wanted
  • awsome_predator
    awsome_predator Member Posts: 35
    Options
    I don't think anyone here actually understands the certification process because I see A LOT of speculation and anger regarding DLC disparity.  I'll give you the in-depth version and if anyone has more specific questions feel free to ask.

Console certification depends on a myriad of factors from the volume of submissions by all devs to the certification department, to time of submission.  The average time from submission to DLC drop is 5-7 days for MS, and up to 2 weeks for Sony.  

The curtain call DLC was tested in house before being pushed to the PTB, then from the PTB everything was reworked, and finally pushed to PC June 12th.  After that the proposed update (or in this case DLC AND update) is readied and sent to the different cert departments where it is independently tested by them for stability, bugs, issues etc.  Each company has their own process but behavior has to wait on BOTH to be certified before they can release either for obvious reasons but most obvious is so they can avoid another howling grounds disaster where rushing the update literally broke the game on all platforms and required months of fixing.  

So what likely happened is:
    -In house testing (may-june)
    -Ptb (june 1-11)
    -Rework (during ptb)
    -Push to PC June 12th
    -Update sent to MS/Sony june 13/14

Again average turnaround is up to 2 weeks with Sony so the earliest you could expect it on either console is June 28th but since they have a double blood point event planned early July I wouldn't expect curtain call before July 2nd.  

The only thing that really irks me is I know for a fact Sony stays in constant communication with any developer who issues a update for certification.  They update the dev throughout the entire process from bugs found, to likely testing completion date and behavior COULD share that information with us if they wanted so we would feel less like an afterthought and more like a part of the community but since DBD started as a PC game and they only made console versions for the money they clearly don't think of us as that important.  

I dont know the numbers, only they do, but I'm fairly confident more people play on pc than ps4/xb1 combined so we will forever be an afterthought. 

Anyways that's why we're forced to wait and when we can expect the update roughly. 

Just a quick questions as I have no idea on how whole process works but just intrigued that when most other games bring out there expansions they come simultaneously and a lot of the time after beta and such ps4 for instance get them earlier. I just struggle to see how the other games get the cert work together yet they can't? Why not do the ptbfor a week or 2 depending how much time u need to discover issues which 9 out of 10 times they know the bugs but hey, close the ptb then get all sorted n release all at same time maybe they should have started earlier than they said or said expansion bit bigger than we thought sorry guys delay instead let's rush out the pc n get round to rest, if that's how they want it to be so be it but don't try blaming certs of ps4/ms all developers know the procedures n timing so get sorted in advance or be open n transparent and tell people pc get earlier because that what we want to do not blame others because they can't be bothered to prepare right.