If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Spirit add on changes are mostly good

Options
GannTM
GannTM Member Posts: 10,850

Add on changes

The Spirit

We have a number of Add-on changes in store for The Spirit.

Mother-Daughter Ring

This Add-on – which increases The Spirit’s movement speed while using Yamaoka's Haunting – is currently far stronger than we’d like. To bring it closer in line with other Add-ons, we have reduced the movement speed bonus to 25% (was 40%).

• It is about time BHVR. I have been asking for this add on to get nerfed for years. This is a great yet simple nerf. 40% movement speed was way too much for the little downside it gave. I think this will be a balanced iri add on now. Well done!

Dried Cherry Blossom

This Add-on triggers Killer Instinct on Survivors who come within 4 meters of The Spirit while she is in Yamaoka’s Haunting. Any information about a Survivor’s location is crucial while The Spirit is using her Power, and given its fairly large range, this Add-on has been overperforming.

We have reduced the Killer Instinct range of Dried Cherry Blossom to 3 meters (was 4 meters).

• This is the only Spirit add on change that I need to heavily criticize BHVR for. The problem with this add on wasn't the 4 meter range, it was the overall design of the add on. It offered brainless Spirit gameplay when combined with MDR and no counterplay from the survivors, sort of like old Spirit.
  • It should've been reworked from the ground up to make it do something completely different. Now the add on will just be less useful because of the direct nerf and the nerf to MDR. Not a good change at all.

Yakuyoke Amulet, Shiawase Amulet and Kaiun Talisman

Each of these Add-ons increase the duration of Yamaoka’s Haunting. However, since The Spirit’s Power recharges over a set time regardless of duration, this also meant that these Add-ons had a hidden secondary effect of making her Power recharge faster.

These Add-ons will no longer cause Yamaoka’s Haunting to recharge faster. Their respective duration increases remain unchanged.

• Thank you BHVR, it is about time y'all did this. These add ons completely outclassed recovery add ons, which made them redundant. The only thing I will say about this is that using the full duration with duration add ons will provide a super long recovery.
  • I think to make the duration add ons more appealing is to make it so recovery time capped at 15 seconds (lower with recovery add ons). Meaning that at base it should still be a recovery time of 3 seconds per 1 charge used, but once 5 charges are used, the 15 second recovery will be indefinite for the rest of the haunting. This will make using long distant phases with duration add ons not as punishing but they will still not outclass recovery add ons.

Origami Crane

Since the Add-ons above no longer increase recovery rate, we wanted to ensure that options were available if you want your power to recover faster.

Origami Crane now increases the recovery rate of Yamaoka’s Haunting by 20% (was 10%).

Rusty Flute

Likewise, Rusty Flute is also receiving an increase in light of the changes above.

Rusty Flute now increases the recovery rate of Yamaoka’s Haunting by 40% (was 25%).

• I will put Origami Crane and Rusty Flute in the same section here since they're getting similar buffs. No complaints here, as these add ons will definitely see more use, especially after the duration add on nerfs.

Conclusion

Overall, these are great changes that I find welcome to come to live. The only real complaint I have is Dried Cherry Blossom, and I would've liked to see some underwhelming add ons like Senko Hanabi, Juniper Bonsai, and Mother's Glasses buffed, but other than that, excellent work BHVR!

Comments

• Samwill226
    Samwill226 Member Posts: 37
    Options

Spirit is slowly becoming my main.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 629
    Options

I'm overall very happy about those changes but at the same time I'm also mad about Dried Cherry Blossom because it's still going to be extremely strong and yes the main issue has not been resolved.

It needs a full on rework if anything.

• raevell
    raevell Member Posts: 15
    Options

I sure would like to be able to do something with the 100's of Mother's Glasses and Senko Hanabi's I have but they are such garbage. I'm irked that they could take the time to nerf MDR, Cherry Blossom, AND duration recovery, but couldn't be bothered to make these two greens any good.

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 285
    Options

I want to know why they aren't fixing her meme green add ons, those things are extremely weak not even worth using.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Good and welcomed changes, I can finally consider her balanced.

However with nerf to durations, yakuyoke amulet seems kinda underwhelming now? Why would you run it with that downside. Maybe something else should have been done with it?