So real talk here: What's going on with Death Garden?

Options
Peasant
Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

My attitude towards Death Garden was always mixed. Initially, I thought it might kill Dead by Daylight and become the next big asymmetrical horror. Then after playing some demo gameplay, I found that Death Garden might serve as a glorious dumping ground for the toxic bullies of Dead by Daylight as the Runners (Survivors) of Death Garden had many confrontational skills to harass the Hunter (Killer). Then, news broke out that the player numbers were dwindling and that suddenly they were going to lose their dedicated servers, while Dead by Daylight obtained some servers of their own.

I just checked on them today and it would seem they're doing a full rework of the game's core. Now the Runners have no means of directly conflicting with the Hunter and the Hunter dominates their arena. Perhaps these changes will prove intriguing to Dead by Daylight players who have grown bored, eh? I know I might consider buying if the price is right.

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited February 2019
    Options

'Course there is the matter of it not being on Steam anymore. That might prove to be a problem.
    EDIT: Apparently it is on Steam. When I searched "Death Garden" I was auto-directed to a game about pumpkins though.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

I actually kinda liked the idea of Death Garden. A shame it seems to be deader then what people claimed Dead by Daylight would be after Last Year came onto the market.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

Real Talk here: DEATH GARDEN IS DEAD.

It had 2 weeks of hype and then everyone realized how poorly designed & balanced it is.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

They got the license for Terminator....AND THEY PUT IT IN THE WRONG GAME!!!!

• notthebasement
    notthebasement Member Posts: 19
    Options

I love Deathgarden and I hope that the patch where they change how the game works will make it go back to life... but the game isn't really "released" yet, it's on beta testing.

The game was just fine in beta and alpha, lots of players, but when they released they made the hunter SO, SO SO overpowered that playing the game was incredibly not fun -and I love difficulty in games even if I'm not good at them, but I was pretty good on DG, HOWEVER they overdid it to the point of having to uninstall the game.

Hopefully they'll do something about that. It even made me feel incredibly slow when I wanted to play DbD. 😥

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

It's sad to see DG not get a good start. Was looking forward to playing on console.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,997
    Options

Its deadgarden

Really wanted to play it on Xbox tho

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Well Last year screwed up pretty badly. Ive seen those videos where the kids bully every killer. In DBD you can play at least nurse ....