If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Was end transmission really that good?

Options
leviivel
leviivel Member Posts: 271

It’s been 3 weeks since End transmission has been live and i want to see everyone’s opinion about it.

for me, it was kinda overhyped.

only one of the new perks actually sees play (Made for This) and only 1 perk was truely positively received (troubleshooter).

The killer (while SLIGHTLY better now) feels atrocious to play, making a supposed map pressure + intel killer into a mediocre at best anti-loop because one EMP (which they can hold forever and wait until you infect them mind you) and your one tool of gen/map pressure is gone for 45 seconds.

the map is ridiculously cluddered and has some extreme RNG issue’s with how windows and tiles can spawn (imo), although, it is very pretty i can’t deny.

it feels like people kinda forced themselves to like the chapter because ToT came before or because the killer “looks cool”

Comments

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,039
    Options

I kind of dislike facing the new killer. It is not that i consider it strong but how it usually plays.

As a survivor, i either dont see him at all because it is setting up cameras or it is after me in the overclocked mode when it cannot be stunned and constantly teleports to me so i get down fast.

It is a weird concept.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

The map is also pretty awful for killer at least.

Everything is pretty but not functionally great

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 272
    Options

For killer forced hesitation is really good with infectious fright. But it was not a good or bad chapter.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

I didn’t care for the map. Congrats on the art but I wouldn’t notice if the map was taken out of rotation. I would’ve loved a derelict ship or wondering as a map instead of this colorful thing.

killer is too controlled by survivor’s interactions. Completely killed the game play on the killer side. Survivor side the killer is easy to mess with.

on a side note I’m not a fan of any of these characters talking except pinhead maybe.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,155
    Options

Better than Tools of Torment and Forged in Fog

Singularity's design is great, his power pretty decent

Gabriel's cool, not massively into his perks but they aren't bad perks except scavenger, that perk got overnerfed

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

I dont like MFT much either...but its not even close to MOM level.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 876
    edited July 2023
    Options

Ditto.

I like singularity concept a lot.

Its just feels bad to play.

So, shoot a meat ball, turn into meatball, photo survivor for infection, become robot, survivor cleanse the virus, repeat a 2° time and THEN you have chase power.

Or pick Demo and press M2.

Mi point is that Hux (robot) need a lot of work for not a lot of value.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,061
    Options

Similar problem that most killers face which is survivors control too much of their power. More about how good they are instead of how good you are. Pretty disappointed personally.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I really enjoy Singularity now. Sometimes it feels stressful dealing with the cameras but I four kill often.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

It wasn't a great chapter, better than Skull Merchant's but that's not saying much.

Survivor is... just kinda meh and forgettable. Killer started off weak and I think has gotten to a decent place but he's overly complex and not very fun. I already almost never see Gabriels or Hux's in my games.

The map looks good, certainly feels like an alien planet, but it's a bit tricky to navigate and has yet another main building gen you're best off letting them complete.

Overall pretty bad chapter.

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 547
    Options

Alright so...no joke:

Playing killer against MFT is annoying as unnatural ######### and I'm already sick to death of seeing it.

'End Transmission' has been an exceptionally sucky experience from the killer POV.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

Great Killer. He's strong and very demanding to play, also great art.

Gabriel is cool and his perks are okay.

The more I see it, the more I appreciate the map.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    edited July 2023
    Options

Aesthetic and theme of End Transmission are awesome. But I think Singularity is possibly the weakest killer on the roster. It just doesn't work if survivors are only playing to win the game. They're always going to have EMPs, and that causes this killer to have multiple instances in every match where they do literally nothing for 10+ seconds at a time.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326
    Options

Welp, I'm playing FF16 at the moment so I've already moved on.

I only bought Hux. I do like him but he feels clunky and the biopods can be disorientating. Sometimes I can't lock on because of weird hitboxes. Against a good team, the EMPs remain a nuisance.

After a few matches, I'll play somebody else or log off.

• leviivel
    Options

Ya’ll underrate scavenger, use it properly and it is ridiculously strong still.

• leviivel
    Options

The most truthful comment here. Art team works so hard everytime and always delivers the best meanwhile gameplay team is in a giant struggle.

• leviivel
    edited July 2023
    Options

Idk, i wouldn’t say he’s strong, demanding yes but not rewarding like Nurse, Blight, twins etc. Because in most scenario’s playing as him, i could just be playing Skull Merchant instead.

calling Gabriel’s perks “okay” is an understatement considering, Made for This is busted beyond belief, scavenger is an extremely underrated perk and trouble shooter gives temporary mind game immunity on certain pallets making it a really strong tool for good players.

Also Gabriel’s lore is SOOOOOOOO dry, IT EVEN HAS GLARING PLOT HOLES. Just when my hope replenished with how good merchant’s tome was only for Gabriel and Singularity’s lore to be the most stale pieces of things i’ve ever read is so dissapointing.

Map looks amazing, but plays like Garbage. And as much as i love the art team’s work, if a map plays like garbage, it plays like garbage, can’t solve it with a pretty coat of paint.

Post edited by leviivel on
  • Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    Options

I thought the chapter was pretty decent, Singularity feels satisfying to use once you've mastered him and the map is a breath of fresh air to play on.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 640
    Options

Third awful chapter in a row. Bad killer that struggles at all levels of play, as intended.

• bornagain234
    bornagain234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 208
    Options

BHVRs issue is their ruining the base game, no chapter killer can fix it.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

For me the Chspter would be a 8/10 when MfT wouldnt be a thing this broken Perk sadly Ruin the Gsme

i love the Killer so much he is already my 2nd favourite Killer he is so fun to Play :D

Map looks cool but awful to play

Gabriel is fine just MfT need to be nerfed fast

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

The biggest problem with the killer(imo) is giving the survivors control of his power without a huge downside. The game is balanced around the killer having a power so if your going to take that away either the killer needs to get buffs during that phase or it has to be a big trade off. It's been a running trend with alot of killers lately and the funny part is nobody plays said killers. I would say plague is the best example of how to do it right. You can completely nullify her power and make her a basic m1 kill by not cleansing but that makes you injured and loud as a trade off.

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 481
    Options

It was just okay, for an anniversary chapter definitely underwhelming.

I was expecting more after the disastrous Knight and Skull Merchant chapters but I guess I had my expectations too high

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 940
    Options

I enjoyed it.

I think the lore is pretty good, I like the looks of Gabriel and am mostly okay with Hux's look & voicelines. Playing him is like a 6.5/10 for me, can be super fun and rewarding but takes a lot of upkeep. Sadly I think in the future, Hux will be feared as a noob-stomper killer, and fall off against more skilled opponents as soon as people learn to be liberal with EMP use. Speaking of that, most of the survivors have already learned to use them often and if sucks to have no power.

The perks are just okay, survivor obviously got MFT which is fun and imo not too OP. Glad to see something new for once. Killer's only useable perk is Forced Hesitation which is fun but a bit less versatile.

I like the new map, even though I haven't played it too much, it seems balanced enough. Definitely better than the last two chapters, and looking back I think I even like this one more than Sadako Rising or Roots of Dread.

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311
    Options

Just to add to the echo chamber, chapter's cool visually, gameplay wise it's such a hassle (on console at least) to even get people tagged, with how sensitive placing the pods is against certain surfaces. And if you DO get it on a good spot, now you have to get yourself oriented on the new PoV and tag the survivor with a surprisingly accurate lock-on.

Honestly would even say it's more enjoyable to play Knight or Skull Merchant, since i don't need to do instantaneous camera flicks or super precise environment shots, but maybe i'm just getting old.

And just the presence of MfT has forced me to use Fearmonger and exhaustion add-ons, which is a shame, because i'd rather use more fun aura reading stuff or oblivious things, but the frustration of seeing people hold forward for longer is enough to force a band-aid.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

My man did not play game when they released MoM.

There is no perk on old MoM level.

• foods
    foods Member Posts: 64
    edited July 2023
    Options

survivors got EMP, which is a nice killer power, and survivors got an obviously broken perk. great chapter.