If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

48 hour ban because I crashed.

Options
bookie
bookie Member Posts: 18
edited July 2023 in General Discussions

This is insane for a paid game, when I first started playing I had ZERO crashes for a month and a half, but then all of the sudden I get a few crashes here and there and usually it's not a huge deal. But this week I crashed four times in 3 days and the penalty wasn't more than 30 minutes, then I get back on today to play as nurse and I crash once and get a 24 hour ban? How is that gonna teach me to not crash? I meet all the system requirements and I have never disconnected on purpose. A 24 hour ban is utterly absurd and serves no purpose other than to make me hate this game. 80 dollars I've spent on this game which I can usually run and this is how I'm rewarded. I don't think a ban longer than 30 minutes is fair, even to people to frequently disconnect. 24 hours Is way too overkill for a paid game. I waited two more days for the ban to go away and thought I had fixed the issue and I thought at most the Matchmaking lock would be 12 hours but I got on today and now it's 48 hour ban because I crashed.

Cpu: Ryzen 3 2300X

Gpu: Radeon RX 570

Ram: 8gb

Dx12

Something that sometimes fixes my issue, maybe it reverts every time dbd updates and then I have crashing again?

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/yqaswy/exception_access_violation/

Post edited by bookie on

Comments

• bookie
    Options

Okay but 24 hours? really? how is that gonna teach anyone to not disconnect? People who disconnect will make sure they don't dc all the time to get the ban up to that amount of time so it's only there to punish people with weird crashes. Sometimes I play for 2 weeks straight without any issues but then randomly it starts crashing and I meet the recommend system requirements.

• bookie
    Options

Weird that the dead by daylight crash log files are broken and all of them are around 2gb of storage.

• bookie
    Options

I had one crash today and had a period of 4 crashes the last 3 days. I've spent countless hours trying to tweak the game, and running it with compatibility mode for windows 8 seems to help the most. Let me remind you the game ran fine for a whole month for me. I've done every fix, I meet the recommended system requirements, reinstalled the game and verified integrity of the game files several times. And you have to admit a 24 hour ban is a bit excessive. Btw why the hell were the crash logs 2gb?

• bookie
    Options

"First of all, you don't crash and suddenly have a 24 hour ban. It starts with 1 minute, goes up to 5, 15 and then I don't even know how much. So you probably crashed at least 5 times." And yet I haven't had a 1 minute matchmaking ban in two months, It has always been around 15 minutes to 6 hours recently and I had no clue why.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

If you truly went from a 30 minute ban to a 24 hour ban then you should prolly file a report. From the way I understand it, It should go to 1 hour twice, then 6 hours twice, and then you get the 24 hour.

It'll also degrade slowly overtime so I'd try to work out your crash issue or not play for a while because the ban can go up to 72hr.

• bookie
    edited July 2023
    Options

Yesterday I think it was a hour matchmaking ban but today it was 24 hours even though I crashed once today this must be a bug. And I wanna keep playing because guess what? There is a limited time event and a tome which I paid for.

• bookie
    Options

Okay but 606.4 hours in the game and literally most of the time I never crash. 606.4 hours without crashes? Well that means most of my games go well without issues. I think I'm entitled to an explanation of why the hell the game decides to crash for 3 days straight but then spare me for 2 weeks straight without a single issue. I'm just saying that someone who paid for a game shouldn't be given a 24 hour ban. Is that too much to ask for? Am I just super duper dumb and entitled to think that 24 hours is too much? Besides now there are bots that replace survivors with bots, they aren't losing that much since I suck at the game.

• bookie
    edited July 2023
    Options

I had a couple weeks without crashing there is no way there should have been a 24 hour ban because I crashed a couple times in the matter of a few days. I Think it's entitled to think that it's just me with this issue, I've seen several posts from users who have the same or similar issue.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

It's just going to teach people to move onto their next game of choice.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 629
    Options

They don't do appeals and for it to be 24 hours you would've had to DC multiple times at this point so there is nothing you can really do at this point but just wait the penalty.

• bookie
    Options

Issue is that I didn't dc enough times for it to have gone to 24 hours.

• Skittlesthehusky
    Skittlesthehusky Member Posts: 656
    Options

perhaps you should check your system and try to remedy the issue. if you are chronically disconnecting from the game, there's an underlying problem that needs to be isolated.

what is your network like? what is your computer's hardware?

• bookie
    Options

I meet all the system requirements. Internet has been fine. Countless hours fixing the game. Maybe its because I have a AMD pc idk.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,402
    Options

Sounds like your system is overheating, your drivers are out of date or the current ones don't work with dbd or even in my very rare case I actually have to slightly underclock my graphics card to not crash playing most games.

• bookie
    Options

I tried updating my drivers and cleaned my pc. Still crashed I know nobody will help but ill just leave the crash report here.

• OwlWithMustache
    OwlWithMustache Member Posts: 57
    Options

Specs? It's really hard to give any real answer without know what you have, should've put that in the original post

• bookie
    edited July 2023
    Options

Sorry I didn't send specs already. My pc is trash but was able to run this game for a month without issues and I can run Gta 5, Fallout 4 and other high end games. Cpu: Ryzen 3 2300X Gpu: Radeon RX 570 Ram: 8gb OS: Win 10 64bit

Post edited by bookie on
  • bookie
    Options

Waited for the 24 hour ban to go away and didn't play the day after either so it would go back down, so I waited two days and when I played it again I got a 48 hour ban when I crashed.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405
    Options

Seems like a connection or system issue on your end. I'm not a techy guy, but if I was having even 2 or 3 crashes pretty close together I'd be looking into my system whether there is or isn't a DC penalty in a game

• bookie
    edited July 2023
    Options

Oddly enough I just had 5 custom games with bots and I didn't disconnect once, I would check to see if I fixed it but I have a 48 hour ban. I have been looking into my system for 50 hours total trying to fix this.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,713
    Options

I actually posted this on reddit and the mods locked my thread for "misinformation". Indeed, sometimes a first DC penalty starts at 15 minutes. I've had it happen to me. I rarely ever DC.

• bookie
    Options

thx but i linked the exact same thing already and i cant check to see if it worked because theres a 48 hour ban lol

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

Part of the problem with getting you help is that you have two different things going on

1: You are complaining about the ban system duration - being a lot of people on this forum wish it was even harsher, you are starting on an unsympathetic note

2: You are trying to figure out what the technical problem is - people are missing this because they are more focused on 1

I'd play more custom games in single player to try and narrow down the issue.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 864
    Options

Do you always get Unreal engine crash reporter? At least it not CTD. I'd suggest open a support ticket with BHVR and submit DxDiag.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 864
    Options

Did you try system file check in command prompt? sfc/scannow

• Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405
    Options

this is the problem with universally banning people with no for sure guarantee it was intentional. just to many variables for bans to get to increasingly long times such as 2 days.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,930
    edited July 2023
    Options

See? There is at least SOMETHING, that we agree on.

Most of the time my connection is stable and has no issues, but on some days (I assume when the company is doing some work on their infrastucture ... or they just want to save some money on technicans) it gets bad for a couple of hours and I can barely watch some youtube during that time without some buffering ... and well, I don't even try to play DBD when that happens, because ... well, you guessed it.

I remember that time where I ragequitted a couple of times till I got a 30min timeout and thought "dang ... you really overdid it ... better get your s* * * together!" and then I had a legit DC my next game and got a 2h ban :D That thaught me a lesson to this day. Now, when I get a legit DC, it will just throw me off for 1min (or until the issue resolves and the router reboots). So, circling back to OP: the DC-penalty ACTUALLY thaugh me not to DC on purpose. Profit? I think so.

• bookie
    Options

Yea but why the hell would a normal person DC enough times on purpose to get it to 72 hours? And even if they purposefully got it to that long then they aren't gonna learn their lesson because they waited 48 hours just to come back on and DC again to get a ban for 72 hours.