What do YOU find fun in DbD?

Options
124»

Comments

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,132
    Options

when i play dead by daylight i have fun by:

as killer - roleplaying a killer and outplaying intelligent survivors (that aren't cheating obviously, but are just good). combining perks in bizarre ways. feeling that i genuinely scared someone irl - but like in a positive way. i just want to feel like what i imagine someone who's really passionate about haunted house choreography feels when they manage to put on a good show for some guests.

survivor - as a survivor i honestly get pretty bored super fast. generators have gotten old so I tend to look for weird things to do in the trial. obviously this means doing things like chasing the killer instead of running from the killer. or pretending i'm sir david attenborough narrating wildlife documentaries as i aimlessly roam around waiting for my death or for the rest of the team to somehow escape. the 4% escape is hilarious. nic cage's voiced lines totally get what the game is about. i do that stuff irl. "Power Up! Power Down! Circle Around! Open that gate!"

both - trying a new map or a new character. new mechanics are AWESOME! like ACTUALLY new mechanics. totems, breakable walls, uhh... glyphs? are there other new mechanics?

archive and pass - getting free **COMPLETE** cosmetics and bloodpoints. Nothing iritates me more than unlocking a pair of pants to a costume that requires the other parts to be unlocked on the premium path. if you're going to give me free cosmetics at least give me full outfits. sure - keep the cool stuff on the premium path, but if i get free stuff please make it completed sets.

streams - i like seeing the reactions of others to my own gameplay. it adds a human element.

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329
    Options

it's fun to press q in lobby search in solo and get normal survivor mates and not bots (sorry bots to insult you) who are unable to do gens for minutes, which is why the killer does a full focus can do to you, that if you're always on gens but your bot mates don't even survive 10sec, that's why you're forced to only play swf, and a lot more bs... you know what else is fun? if after years where the killer is rewarded because it has bad latency and or is too far away from the server so it's not fun for everyone involved (the killer screen decides everything) if that wasn't the case in dbd then it would be fun ( something that is taken for granted in every game, except in dbd) dbd is fun if the people who really know the game would be listened to and not "we pretty much just go by the stats and we act like we don't change things just for the stats alone"

but before it's all fixed the world will come to an end... so it's better to delete the game and look for another game that you can mainen because that's really fun and not the embarrassing dbd matchmaking where a Blight 1k+ and Nurse without addons and perks 500+ win streak makes xD that's such a joke like that garbage mm, I mean no! because of the bad hidden matchmaking you have a lot of advantages than if you could see it, not showing the mmr is great :)) "who knows when we play basketball back and forth with the mmr cap :D no one sees how bad the mm is when it's hidden, we have our desired kill rates, people can't get upset because they don't have anything solid to complain about" I mean a bubba who gets to top mmr through face camping is nice embarrassing but 1k+ win streak for a blight is not embarrassing and shows how much the game has no mm :D

but I don't care about anything the last week of dbd hit me I don't think bhvr can continue to use solo q as a game ball for their kill rate, swf can still be broken, NO! I hope bhvr will make even more swf just don't leave it like that but buff and solo q keep nerfing, I'm out after almost 10k hrs solo q, that's enough! see you if dbd has at least one matchmaking that doesn't support ez win streaks (Nurse, Blight as well as swf survivor)

• KblokoBR
    KblokoBR Member Posts: 209
    edited July 2023
    Options

I find fun as killer being able to play the first chase without 2-3 gens poping in two minutes, because of prove thyself and survs spawning together with a gen in theyr side.

• Dead_by_David17
    Dead_by_David17 Member Posts: 74
    Options

Not playing against Skull Merchant

• Mane
    Mane Member Posts: 153
    Options

As Killer fun isn't an ez 4k

• Thralfazuz
    Thralfazuz Member Posts: 165
    Options

Goofy ass perks or perks builds, for example head on and quick and quiet, flip flop and power struggle, full sabo, or stealth.

For killer maybe the benjo build, spirit fury and enduring, sometimes Coup de Grace, Play with your food, no terror radius build, with Myers the super fast vaults, with doctor the skill checks nightmare

In conclusion, perks that don't garantee you the win but are fun to mess around with both sides, I think the Nick Cages perks are great idea and I wish the upcoming killers and survivors get similar perks Nick Cages got.

• SteveByDaylights
    SteveByDaylights Member Posts: 18
    Options

It’s honestly hard for to have fun with certain killers. Whilst I love the Oni and Pyramid Head. When they “flick” They’re super restricted compared to PC players. But I think I like the fact that every match is different and every killer has different playstyles.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

As killer: spawn in with Lethal Persuer and watch survivors being goofy with one another. Playing as Ghostface and just meme around + Mori as GF.

As survivor: not a a lot atm ngl

• skylustv
    skylustv Member Posts: 215
    Options

I really miss the old dbd maps.. darker, with the fog, every new map is just so bright :( the devs should really bring back the horror to the old maps again, changing the ilumination of some maps

• Skydiverextrm8
    Skydiverextrm8 Member Posts: 10
    Options

I find that taking a relaxed attitude towards the game while enjoying the exploration of perks and killer powers is super fun. Sure i might just be saying playing dbd in a detailed manner, but finding my own playstyle on all the different maps comboed with killer or survivor role during those matches makes it a challenge to learn something new at least every other game. Not to dwell on games that have ended but to just learn dbd even more than when i started the game. In over 1000 hours of dbd ive only gotten pissed enough at someone to rant in endgame chat about twice. One of them being a hacker. So id say im more positive towards the game than most.

• Luckyz17
    Luckyz17 Member Posts: 33
    Options

Knowing I can log in at any time any year and playing killer is easy... Yet survivors are constantly nerfed due to dev favoritism :)

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,420
    Options

Thank you all for your comments on this thread, it's been super interesting to hear your responses, thank you to those that took the time to reply <3

This discussion has been closed.